Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Because stopping cross play is easier for Activision to do apparently. They seem to have no interest in stopping cheating.

It's not your fault, it's Activision's, lol. And you would be fine. It's wildly popular, you'd still find games easily.

Because you cannot do it.
There's a TON of stuff to implement to tone down cheating. An anticheat is the last item on that list because it never works just by itself, ever. But I guess it's fun to keep saying "omg warzone needs an anticheat". The game needs nothing atm in activision eyes because it's still that popular with virtually 0 competition. It takes effort, knowledge and a long time plan to combat cheating..... clearly it's not worth it for them. Yet.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This reasoning I'll never understand.

If you are able to flag cheaters.. why the fuck would you not ban them? and why wasting resources to let them play?

If they're serial cheaters and get off on cheating and hacking, then they'll probably find their way back in and terrorize the population again. If you stealthily lock them to a pool of other cheaters/toxic individuals then they probably wont notice so much that theyve been cordoned off from the main population of players.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they're serial cheaters and get off on cheating and hacking, then they'll probably find their way back in and terrorize the population again. If you stealthily lock them to a pool of other cheaters/toxic individuals then they probably wont notice so much that theyve been cordoned off from the main population of players.

That's why you need a shitload of stuff before implementing an anticheat.
The way to combat this stuff it's to put as many barriers of entry as you can to deter people to come back easily, if they want to cheat. Take a look at what cs, dota and lol are doing about the issue.

Locking them to a specific pool resolves nothing. The second game they'll realize they are shadowbanned and they'll make another account.... and you are back at the start.

There are tons of solutions but the game needs to be something that will be there in 5+ years to justify the investment. And I don't really see the current iteration of warzone to last for that long.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Server hosting and moderation was one of the most effective ways to reduce cheating, as playing on managed servers build contacts, trust and social norms in time. And getting banned from one had an effect, as you lost those contacts as well as ability to play on most suitable servers (game type, maps, population and lowest ping).
I was even willing to go a round without cursing on the Christian servers because they were moderated so well.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of people disagree, but in my opinion console and PC players should not play together.

Stodeh is a top FPS player and he has two great videos on how a few tweaks on settings that are available for PC players on the menu and not for consoles are a huge advantage. Including FOV.

Granted some games on consoles allow you to set your FOV, but this is still the exception not the norm (BFV does it, don't remember 1 and 4, Warzone doesn't allow it). And this is just one setting, there are others.

He also has a great video on controllers and how much assist they need to play on a supposedly even field with m/k. There is so much assist involved that in some cases it might actually be unfair to PC gamers.

Then there is cheating. Cheating exists on consoles, but what is available on PC and how easy it is to use on PCs is a whole different level.

People were talking about that console auto aim on this thread, but you need a dedicated PC with a capture card just to be able to use it, besides your regular console gear. Setting it up seems like a nightmare as well.

On PC you just need a few clicks and a CC swipe. And this is just auto aim, there is wall hacks and other stuff that are still (thankfully) not available on console.

I think Apex does it right. And I hope BF 2041 does the same.

Cross play is only enable between consoles.

But if you are on console and want to play with your friends on PC you can do it, but on PC servers.

This is a good solution that still allows console/PC play between friends if you want it. But doesn't enforce it on the whole community.

I know that in some cases, maybe even COD the amount of players on PC is not enough to maintain a healthy community. But it shouldn't be the responsibility of console users to fix this problem by opening their gaming experience to quite a few not insignificant issues.

Having said that, as a long time console user I am super excited to get into PC gaming and I should be building my first PC in a few weeks. If BF 2041 allows cross play I will play with my PSN friends on my PC. If not I'm just getting the PS5 version, and I still believe that both communities should be separated.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I just remember how funny balancing Apex between PC and consoles seems to be.

A long time ago that magnum like pistol (forgot the name) on Apex needed a huge nerf on PC considering how powerful it was and how everyone was using it.

On consoles? They barely touched it because it is much harder to consistently pull headshots on a controller compared to m/k and because not that many console players used it.

The fact that even with controllers on console or PC there are people capable of consistently pulling those moves shouldn't be consideredwhen balancing the game because players like that are such a small, negligible minority.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I know a lot of people disagree, but in my opinion console and PC players should not play together.

Stodeh is a top FPS player and he has two great videos on how a few tweaks on settings that are available for PC players on the menu and not for consoles are a huge advantage. Including FOV.

Granted some games on consoles allow you to set your FOV, but this is still the exception not the norm (BFV does it, don't remember 1 and 4, Warzone doesn't allow it). And this is just one setting, there are others.

He also has a great video on controllers and how much assist they need to play on a supposedly even field with m/k. There is so much assist involved that in some cases it might actually be unfair to PC gamers.

Then there is cheating. Cheating exists on consoles, but what is available on PC and how easy it is to use on PCs is a whole different level.

People were talking about that console auto aim on this thread, but you need a dedicated PC with a capture card just to be able to use it, besides your regular console gear. Setting it up seems like a nightmare as well.

On PC you just need a few clicks and a CC swipe. And this is just auto aim, there is wall hacks and other stuff that are still (thankfully) not available on console.

I think Apex does it right. And I hope BF 2041 does the same.

Cross play is only enable between consoles.

But if you are on console and want to play with your friends on PC you can do it, but on PC servers.

This is a good solution that still allows console/PC play between friends if you want it. But doesn't enforce it on the whole community.

I know that in some cases, maybe even COD the amount of players on PC is not enough to maintain a healthy community. But it shouldn't be the responsibility of console users to fix this problem by opening their gaming experience to quite a few not insignificant issues.

Having said that, as a long time console user I am super excited to get into PC gaming and I should be building my first PC in a few weeks. If BF 2041 allows cross play I will play with my PSN friends on my PC. If not I'm just getting the PS5 version, and I still believe that both communities should be separated.

I agree. Get rid of Crossplay and cross input. Aim assist should not be a thing in PC mp shooters but it is now because of crossplay and people using controllers. It'll help the console people who are worried about cheaters and fov and PC people who don't want to play against the soft lock aimbot that aim assist is these days.

I'm unconcerned about player population also, people act like PC hasn't had games with giant populations last over a decade like cs and league. If cod dies then it dies.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Also, I just remember how funny balancing Apex between PC and consoles seems to be.

A long time ago that magnum like pistol (forgot the name) on Apex needed a huge nerf on PC considering how powerful it was and how everyone was using it.

On consoles? They barely touched it because it is much harder to consistently pull headshots on a controller compared to m/k and because not that many console players used it.

The fact that even with controllers on console or PC there are people capable of consistently pulling those moves shouldn't be consideredwhen balancing the game because players like that are such a small, negligible minority.

For $99 you can have M+K w/ aim assist on console and have access to things like anti-recoil scripts etc lol

And people think only PC players are cheating... ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
You can literally give people dev errors and make people hit level 1001 with every unlock instantly right now.
people can see through walls
the issue is way past no recoil +auto aim now.
Wall hacks? That is news to me. Source?
I think he is saying that the PC hacks are way beyond what the other user is describing? No recoil scripts are annoying, and aim assist spam is only as effective as the game allows so those devices on console are still not as effective.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing activision will listen to is $.

The best play is if all the big CoD creators hopped off the game until true anti cheat existed. No hype for the game, more and more people go to other games after.

Once creators left Fortnite in droves the game dwindled bit by bit. Still relevant but nowhere near as much as before.

Warzone needs people to stop playing in mass until it is fixed, and not give them $ on BPs and skins. Will that ever happen? Hell no. Cheaters are worse than ever and player numbers keep going up. Creators bitch, make click bait content about being upset with the game, and then keep on playing to get paid.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they can remove the stupid ass shooting while dropping at the start of the match. That alone made me just stick with Apex.