Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep mentioning Cronus and XIM in here as if it's comparable? You can use KB/M in Warzone by default on any platform if you like, just like you can use controller on PC

Cronus will let you use a mouse/keyboard, yes, but it can also run scripts that can allow you to do god-like stuff with a controller that you wouldn't normally be able to do. The two get conflated too much, I agree.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Didn't Modern Warfare matchmake based on input device? That always seemed like the correct way to do things, seems weird to have not carried that over to Warzone.

Oct 25, 2017
In the last few days there are literally MW2 era hacked lobbies ranking people up to 1000 and giving every unlock.
Raven needs to do something already because I'm not playing anymore starting today because I don't want to risk my account

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Cronus will let you use a mouse/keyboard, yes, but it can also run scripts that can allow you to do god-like stuff with a controller that you wouldn't normally be able to do. The two get conflated too much, I agree.
Ah, OK. I only remember hearing about it as a device to let you use KB/M. Thanks.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Really? I remember it from the beta, was it a lie or something?
There was reporting that it'd work that way before the game came out, but in practice, the game mixed input devices within lobbies.

It did seem to try and bring as many kbm players together as possible when doing matchmaking, but my guess it wasn't strict to avoid long matchmaking times for kbm players.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
The 10 CoD support studios should be focusing on integrating anti-cheat in the next release. Since WWII/Vanguard or whatever nonsense is based on the MW engine I wouldn't be surprised if Warzone was migrated as well. Perfect opportunity for them to do the necessary work. It's pretty clear whatever the hell Activision is doing isn't working.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Cronus's have been on back order for months now. Go look it up yourself. They've been heavily used since the late 360 days. Don't be so precious about your "pure" console playspace, because it hasn't been that way for a long time, and its much more easy to just install a script to the thing, plug it in and begin playing. On PC you have to worry about malware and all the rest of it.
Uh....that doesn't change what he's saying which is cheating is significantly easier and more common on pc. Like you said, some piece of cheating hardware has been backordered for months. That's not a problem on pc where cheats are always readily available for download and can also presumably be acquired for free.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
From my experience, cheating on console =/= cheating on PC.

I don't care whether someone wants to use Chronus. I do care whether someone has the ability to see my character through walls.

Console-PC crossplay should always be opt-in.

Posters underplaying PC cheating are being purposefully obtuse.

MrMiyamoto

Oct 31, 2017
Activision shouldn't even let mouse/keyboard players play against controller players, but they do anyways. That's enough like cheating as-is.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People on cheat consoles since as early as I can remember. Pretty much go to any cod that isn't the current one and you'll hack lobbies every five seconds. The problem has very little to do with who's doing them but rather the lack of moderation and anti cheat by Raven/Activision. Of course the majority hackers are on pc but they've already found way to get walls and aim assist on consoles.
This isnt PS3/360 era CoDs. They is no such thing as hacked lobbies with console only.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Activision shouldn't even let mouse/keyboard players play against controller players, but they do anyways. That's enough like cheating as-is.
lol.... this can't be a real opinion.

Player skill outweighs input method. There are countless people who use controllers and beat countless M&KB users. Honestly cannot believe people still push this idea.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Not in Warzone, it's not. Back when I was playing it, I was on a controller while playing on PC. Many top players bounce back and forth between M+KB and controller to keep the experience fresh. Warzone, for all of its faults, has a good balance between the two inputs.

Jun 17, 2018
I've stopped playing Warzone and call of duty in general until they talk about the cheating issues. I appreciate that there are so many people out there who are better at the game than me, but I have come across some extremely blatent cheating and it's often enough to put me off of playing.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
One of the guys I watch a few times a week has had at least one cheater in almost every match for like the past 2 weeks. And the killcam just shows the person aiming and tracking through a freaking wall or boulder for the kill.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is a lack of proper anti-cheat. There are plenty of PC games that have successfully minimised cheating.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Debatable. Both have their strengths. Controller aim assist is a hell of a thing.

Hell, Destiny has far crazier movement abilities than CoD and there are still crackshot PC streamers carrying scrubs to the lighthouse every weekend on controller. Usually sniping.

They also routinely post utterly asinine cheater clips to YouTube…

Yes, Valorant has god tier anticheat.
It's not 100% (nothing is…) but yeah, it's pretty great. But then everyone flipped their shit about it due to the system process requirement. Like, do you want cheaters or not? I feel like scorched earth is the only way.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For the record, I'm for PC and console cross-play. Both have their advantages and I think they are balanced pretty well (PC with a controller, however...). But PC is the main source for all the hacks and the game is literally unplayable because of it. At least cut that part of as a temporary fix so that the console people can continue to enjoy the game while Activision hopefully finally works on an anti-cheat.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Boggles my mind how only playstation has a "turn cross play off" option while Xbox doesn't, I'd like it if there were console only cross play
I'll say it, I only play the rebirth map because of PC players cheating like crazy on the main map :/

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Apparently one of those subscription cheat services had a free weekend . A friend of mine who still plays said it was an absolute nightmare and every game was infested with them ..

People can complain till their tongues fall out their mouths but nothing will change until people actually stop playing the game .

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Coming from mainly a pc game that has consoles as much as some of you want to say "cheating isn't only on pc"'obviously that's not the case but let's be clear it's majority PC. Example load up a regular tdm game and you'll see it's almost unplayable if you match with only pc players. The cheating is absolutely out of hand and it's the reason I've stopped playing. The Cronus devices are not nearly that popular so yes it's a big problem and always has been on pc gaming. Hell even destiny is a train wreck on pc. Idk if you guys remember that game called division? You literally couldn't even enter the dark zone on pc you would get instant killed through walls or people flying across the map above you and griefing you.

Dec 12, 2017
90% of my Warzone play is on console because of this. I just got back to PC gaming after a long break and forgot about the disaster that is hacking.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol.... this can't be a real opinion.

Player skill outweighs input method. There are countless people who use controllers and beat countless M&KB users. Honestly cannot believe people still push this idea.
On console you get aim assist as well as M+K, let's not pretend a PS player with a xim is the same as a PC player with their M+K. It is VERY strong.

It's not easy to just put in a mouse and play like Shroud or whatever, but it *IS* very easy to hit crazy shots when the game is magnetizing your aim to people's heads when you only have to aim vaguely in the right spot.

EDIT: To be clear, aim assist with M+K is actually NOT all that different from a low sensitivity aimbot on PC, which is what most hackers would be using if they're using one (since you're presumably trying to dodge bans).

Oct 27, 2017
Let me google that for you…jokes aside I play and watch much too much CoD anyway so here you go:

This is a list of the Warzone Top Earners:
WZ Top Earners

Nr 1 is Huskers who plays on M&K
Nr 2 is Aydan who plays with a controller

If you scroll through the rest of the list you'll find M&K players and Controller gamers.

The CoD-stats god himself JGOD made a video about it:

JGOD also regulary watches top players on his channel (Controller and M&K players)

Looking at the top 20, controllers have it 15-5 when looking at what those streamers use in WarZone. That's 75% of the top 20.
Looking at the top 25, controllers have it 18-7. 72% of the top 25.
Top 30, controllers have it 21-9. 70% of the top 30.

When I said the best players, I didn't mean every single top player. Sorry for not being more specific for you.

The majority of the best players use Controller.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Suchhhh a coincidence. I play Warzone with a lot of console players who are friends in real life. I JUST PLAYED quads with my friend. 2 people on my team were no question absolutely without a doubt cheating. Auto aim quick shot with the sniper dropping everything in two secs. He got 40 kills. It was fucking nuts. It's the first time I've seen hacks with my own eyes in WZ. I accepted it didn't even trying to shoot. They were dropping everything in a second. I ended up reporting.

They really need to frequently update this game with updates that counter the latest hacks. Like when a a hack is patched, then another hack is out, they have to patch it IN ONE DAY. And keep playing update tag but QUICKLY. It was fucking crazy. Just made me not even want to play anymore.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, yes.

The alternative is 'fuck console players' and there are a LOT more console players than PC players.

NO console game should have forced cross play with an open platform that has a widespread cheating problem. Most developers know this, no idea why Warzone would force console players to play with PC players.

Given what we know about COD PC player numbers while the game was still on Steam (and I doubt the move off of Steam has helped with the visibility/player numbers for the game on PC) I doubt the PC has the player base to support constant full Warzone matches, which is probably why they push crossplay so much.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
The uptick in cheaters has been nuts. Grantee I've been watching way more than playing lately, but it seems like 1 out of every 2 or 3 lobbies there is a blatant hacker on any of the streamers' games I'm watching, when a month or two ago it was like 1 in 10.

I only played a handful of games last night and in every single one the lobby was dying out incredibly fast, and I ran into a level ~30 dude with a generic name running the most blatant aimbot I've seen in my time playing lmao.

And the people complaining about the inherent advantage of m+k over controller in this thread are clearly not ones who follow Warzone whatsoever

Post your CoD Tracker bruh

PandemicOdin

Oct 31, 2020
Its funny because Sony gets a lot of hate for Cross-play stuff, but in a way they did "care" in making turning cross play off mandatory on all PS Consoles. Although it feels like Activision found a way around that in just not matching you into a lobby. I turned cross play off recently to play Solos (I literally never play Solos) and for literally 30 mins I couldn't find a match. It was the dumbest shit ever, there are "60M" Warzone players and you can't find me an all PS lobby? So stupid lol

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Warzone it's pretty bad. I heard about a cheater during a twitch rivals match which is pretty bad in itself.

Apex also sucks for cheating. At least they have an anti cheat. However, there is only 1 person at Respawn taking care of the issue. Which isn't enough.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Last week I found 1 blatant cheater every day of the week.

They stopped doing ban waves and suddenly we got an uptick in the number of cheaters... I guess july is also vacation in some countries... so maybe we're getting an influx of cheaters because of that.

This game needs a 2.0 version with an kernel level anti-cheat, no matter if some people are bothered by this.

Chippewa Barr