• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jeez, the hits keep coming. Watching now.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'd like it if you could set multiple audio outputs at once, would be helpful when streaming to output over both DualSense headset and HDMI

Also would love for someone to test game sharing, I assume it works the same as it did the last two gens but confirmation would be nice

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Dark1x There doesn't seem to be a "Supersampling Mode" option, so how does the PS5 handle the selection of Pro games that don't natively supersample for 1080p displays?

Edit: Nice to have confirmation you can delete Astro's Playroom. The storage space is precious, so to have ~10GB of that devoted to a game you can't delete would be frustrating.

Khaidu

Oct 28, 2017
So what's the deal with moving PS5 games to "cold storage"? There have been so many conflicting reports now, and this video says it's not possible.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good video, but mostly went through basic stuff. Would have liked him to explore the Activity Cards in more depth, plus more loading time tests from UI.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
So what's the deal with moving PS5 games to "cold storage"? There have been so many conflicting reports now, and this video says it's not possible.

In DF we trust. Bit disappointed that it can't be done at launch but realistically it's not a massive issue right now. Hopefully they fix this early on though.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very odd that you cannot move PS5 games to an external drive. I get not playing it cuz the SSD usage, but even cold storage is out of bounds?

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Honestly the Library was what I was worried about, as PS4s was so ugly. I'm really happy with how it looks, basically similar to Switch which is perfect.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's an option in settings to disable game specific music from being played when you select a game title. I much prefer just listening to the OS ambient sounds.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
The question I want to know is whether I can have two external hard drives at the same time

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
So are we still stuck with DD, DTS and LPCM as options for surround output in games no Dolby trueHD or DTS-HD MA?

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this for quite a while :D. Finally an indepth UI tour...

Any idea what this icon means?

FdzO3Hr.png

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Disappointing, no word on PS5 saves on USB stick or the accessibility options. Have to wait for a more complete video.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
I was really hoping this video would answer my main question about HDR: can I set it up like my PS4, where only supported games and apps activate it? I want SDR for non-supported games - not tone-mapped HDR. Other DF videos, like the BC one, made it sound like it was on or off without anything more customizable.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Been looking forward to this for quite a while :D. Finally an indepth UI tour...

Any idea what this icon means?

FdzO3Hr.png

That icon always represented the HDD on PlayStation systems so maybe it means the game is installed on an external HDD (no idea if there is a seperate icon for the SSD).

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
I did not quite get it.
Can you adjust HDR to work like it did on PS4? I hate how static content (like OS) looks in HDR and I don't want to run SDR games in HDR container.
Will I have to turn it on and off like I am doing in Windows 10?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Today I learned there are no folders. Why must Sony continue to move backwards at the start of each generation? Apparently no themes either? Regardless, I love how clean everything looks and how quickly everything opens.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit concerned that the virtual surround options are grayed out via HDMI, since that's what people were saying a while back, but maybe that's because a 7.1 channel output is selected?
Perhaps someone with a PS5 can confirm whether it's an option when a 2 channel output is selected.
And if not: well, there's yet another reason why Sony's decision to drop the optical output was a bad one.

So are we still stuck with DD, DTS and LPCM as options for surround output in games no Dolby trueHD or DTS-HD MA?
If your system can do TrueHD/DTS-HD it should be capable of LPCM - which is preferable.
The only device I can think of which does not is the Sonos Arc, which is due to receive an update to support LPCM.
The Dolby/DTS bitstream options are for devices with limited bandwidth; e.g. HDMI ARC.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
PS5 games cannot be transferred to external storage sigh...I hope they fix this as soon as possible.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Does anyone know if the cloud save auto upload is still restricted to your main console only?