Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo Immortal appears to be off to a strong start, as the mobile-focused take on the Blizzard franchise has generated over $24 million USD in revenue in its first two weeks.

As reported by PCGamesN, industry tracking website AppMagic has shared some interesting tidbits of data for the free-to-play Diablo Immortal alongside the microtransactions details, including that the USA and South Korea have spent the most money and that the game has been downloaded more than five million times.

The US has accounted for 26% of all global downloads and 43% of the previously mentioned revenue. Speaking of revenue, South Korea is in second place at 23% and Japan takes third with 8%.
www.ign.com

Diablo Immortal's Microtransactions Have Made It $24 Million In Two Weeks - IGN

Diablo Immortal appears to be off to a strong start, as the mobile-focused take on the Blizzard franchise has generated over $24 million USD in revenue in its first two weeks.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a lot for a predatory mobile game such as this.

And it's going to drop off fast.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I think gaming is not for me anymore

Although tbh that's not a lot compared to others

Deleted member 108302

Jan 29, 2022
So 218 people were able to max out their characters?
In all seriousness, this is why they make games like these. The backlash doesn't matter if a few whales support the game.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
That's alot less than I expected for a game this expensive and this hype, in terms of downloads, to earn after a huge launch.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"I hate gacha! Why do they keep making it!?!"

TJwKpTX.png

Can't really be mad if it's what people are buying. One only hopes it helps them fund other cool[er] stuff if mobile isn't your thing; but this style seems here to stay as long as folks are gonna throw money at it..

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly expected more. Big streamers have mostly already dropped the game so it's probably not gonna get more popular from now on.

At least I'm thinking Blizz would have expected more.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Too much money for that kind of cynical predatory system, but the shareholders probably feel like it's a disappointment.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
That is a lot less than I was expecting as it has been the #1 free game on iOS since release.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
it's next level exploitative so i'm not sure what this number means in relation to that

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems a bit low for a game from Blizzard that was/is actively being pushed.

Well, the true test lies in how it'll do for the rest of the year and onward. I dunno if Blizzard is the type to hastily abandon underperforming mobile games (instead of revamping the game), but I'm curious how long they intend to support this if it doesn't print money.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they could have made exponentially more making it a full price PC game and selling it on their launcher

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's only about 200 completely maxed out characters. Guess people aren't paying much yet

May 24, 2021
I would love nothing more than to watch this game burst into flames and not be profitable at all.

Problem is that is looks like it has basically no budget put into anyway, so it's probably already in the green.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This seems ridiculously low. I'm curious if major information is missing from the source?

Spring

Oct 31, 2017
So 218 people were able to max out their characters?
In all seriousness, this is why they make games like these. The backlash doesn't matter if a few whales support the game.

Few whales yields in 24mil? Nah lol

It's sitting on a 4.5 star 92k review.

This game is more successful than some of you would like to admit. Blizzard IPs sell and they had a flawless launch.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
People need to keep in mind this has no 60 dollar buy in, so you can't really compare it to that kind of launch.