• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Launch predictions

• Both smooth: minor hiccups, overall totally fine

Votes: 148 38.0%
  • Early: smooth, Full: rough

Votes: 72 18.5%
  • Early: rough, Full: smooth

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
By exotic armor do you mean legendary (purple) armor? If so, you can extract the legendary power (aspect) from the underpowered armor/weapon at the occultist and apply it to higher level armor.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I am currently playing though the campaign and am at level 41. I have some exotic armor with very useful perks that is becoming increasing underpowered. Is there any system in the game to either transfer those perks to new armor or to increase the base of these armor pieces (beyond upgrading at the blacksmith)?
Unfortunately not, only legendary aspects can be extracted and applied to other items. Though starting next season, a similar system of imbuing a particular type of stat to any item is getting introduced.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
By exotic armor do you mean legendary (purple) armor? If so, you can extract the legendary power (aspect) from the underpowered armor/weapon at the occultist and apply it to higher level armor.

Unfortunately not, only legendary aspects can be extracted and applied to other items. Though starting next season, a similar system of imbuing a particular type of stat to any item is getting introduced.
Sorry, talking about orange armor pieces.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Resetera guild dead? Or is there a newer one? Logged in to say it's been deactivated.

I mean it was only me and like maybe two other people active.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Resetera guild dead? Or is there a newer one? Logged in to say it's been deactivated.

I mean it was only me and like maybe two other people active.

Huh? That's weird. I play every season but I'm waiting for the next to start up. Why would they deactivate it?
There were two Era clans (ERA and Requiem), and with the room available in the original ERA one, the second has been disbanded a few days ago so that all players can be assimilated into a single group! I can approve requests to join, just send a message in the D4 Clans channel in the Era discord and tag me!

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, the campaign is longer than I'd imagined - although perhaps I'm just getting side-tracked with too many side quests and whatnot.

As a late joiner to the party via Game Pass, I was hoping to get the campaign (plus as much renown progress as possible) done prior to S4... but I'm just nearing the end of act 3 now, I think - at level 49, which isn't exactly optimal, apparently.

I'm not sure at what point I'd be useful to a clan (or the clan), but I'd be interested in joining - only if there's room for a relative noob, that is.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Gosh, the campaign is longer than I'd imagined - although perhaps I'm just getting side-tracked with too many side quests and whatnot.

As a late joiner to the party via Game Pass, I was hoping to get the campaign (plus as much renown progress as possible) done prior to S4... but I'm just nearing the end of act 3 now, I think - at level 49, which isn't exactly optimal, apparently.

I'm not sure at what point I'd be useful to a clan (or the clan), but I'd be interested in joining - only if there's room for a relative noob, that is.
The only downside to doing the side quests throughout the campaign is enemies stop leveling up with you once you reach 50, so as you continue to level beyond that, your XP drops notably with each subsequent level. If you just make a bee line for the campaign quests, you'll be fine. All the side quests will be available in the next difficulty, along with more activities.

And you're of course welcome to the clan! Just hop into the discord (link in the OP), request entry, and I'll confirm your invite!

Just peeked back in after missing S3. What happened on season 4?
Itemization changes are coming to the whole game once S4 rolls out. Items will have less affixes, there will be a new system to add particular types of affixes, and the upgrade paths are much longer but periodically greatly boost a single random stat by a large amount. There will also be random "greater affixes" that are stats that are randomly increased right off the bat by a huge margin, which could potentially be boosted even more by the upgrade path.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
The only downside to doing the side quests throughout the campaign is enemies stop leveling up with you once you reach 50, so as you continue to level beyond that, your XP drops notably with each subsequent level. If you just make a bee line for the campaign quests, you'll be fine. All the side quests will be available in the next difficulty, along with more activities.

And you're of course welcome to the clan! Just hop into the discord (link in the OP), request entry, and I'll confirm your invite!

Wonderful, thank you for the info! Shall be bee-lining the campaign quests!

Have just done the clan joining thing, but will gladly step aside if/when numbers are tight - don't want to see any long-termers missing out as a result. Thanks!

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
There were two Era clans (ERA and Requiem), and with the room available in the original ERA one, the second has been disbanded a few days ago so that all players can be assimilated into a single group! I can approve requests to join, just send a message in the D4 Clans channel in the Era discord and tag me!

Ah okay thanks!

I came back during Gamepass and assumed a lot more people might have joined but I am also an anomaly I suppose: someone who played and beat it on PC but wanted to continue playing the seasons on Xbox but didn't want to double dip.

Almost every day it was just me and one other person and I was like "man, D4 can't be THAT dead. It's selling millions right now".

Xanathus

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that the clan system in D4 is extremely bare-bones and pointless, it's actually lacking features and is a step back from even D3's clan. There isn't even a way to see the last time each member is online in order to make room for new active members so the clan officers have to just guess who's stlil actively playing.

OP
OP
Raticus79

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that the clan system in D4 is extremely bare-bones and pointless, it's actually lacking features and is a step back from even D3's clan. There isn't even a way to see the last time each member is online in order to make room for new active members so the clan officers have to just guess who's stlil actively playing.

Yeah, it's weird, it's like they had to take the minimum-viable lean approach to rewriting things despite having a decent existing setup to refer to there. I was expecting to see more improvements there by now.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
Ok so I installed this off gamepass and I am enjoying it but I had a few questions.

It looks like it doesnt save anywhere inside a dungeon. So if I have to quit playing, I am always restarting the dungeon? Is there no way to resume from where I was?

Is there any sort of open matchmaking? Can I join some random persons game or have them join mine? Or is it friends only.

I am playing on normal and its pretty decent so far. Is there a chance I can fuck up my upgrades so bad that I lock myself out of the the late game?

EDIT To clarify, I am only going to play the campaign. I have no interest in grinding it out for better gear, build or whatever else. Once I am done with the campaign, I am done.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ok so I installed this off gamepass and I am enjoying it but I had a few questions.

It looks like it doesnt save anywhere inside a dungeon. So if I have to quit playing, I am always restarting the dungeon? Is there no way to resume from where I was?

Is there any sort of open matchmaking? Can I join some random persons game or have them join mine? Or is it friends only.

I am playing on normal and its pretty decent so far. Is there a chance I can fuck up my upgrades so bad that I lock myself out of the the late game?

EDIT To clarify, I am only going to play the campaign. I have no interest in grinding it out for better gear, build or whatever else. Once I am done with the campaign, I am done.
Dungeons are never saved, they're all randomly generated each time, stitching certain static elements together with different configurations of hallways and bends. Very frustrating when you disconnect and have to start a dungeon over.

Your character is always able to be respecced! There's no permanent errors, everything from skills to Paragon points after level 50 can be undone - for a fee.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Story based dungeons and missions have checkpoints but you can't manually save at any point. Random dungeons will fully reset if you don't complete them.

You can ask to join or invite players in towns and open world. Note that the world and quest progress will be based on the party leader.

Normal aka world tier 1 is a beginner difficulty and it's only recommended if you're brand new to this kind of game. I will suggest moving to WT2 for a better combat experience. You can always go back to WT1, and respec your skill points if you need to.

If you're only playing the campaign, I will recommend doing the major side quest chains in each region.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If you're only playing the campaign, I will recommend doing the major side quest chains in each region.
I'll second this, some of the side quest chains were more interesting than parts of the main quest line. The one that explores the journey of the priest from the into cinematic was maybe the highlight of the game for me!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
They should have said that on the last campfire. The rework is huge but I am still a bit disappointed that there is no season mechanic.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think the Iron Wolf stuff is seasonal - it says in the description that Iron Wolf Helltide events will carry on after the season ends. So effectively there is no season.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Umm... I mean it's good that the itemization changes are happening and I hope they're great but I really feel like this should have been combined with a meaty season mechanic to get people hyped about the eventual expansion reveal in a couple months.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of get it though, the helltide rework and the addition of greater rifts are more substantial end game additions than any of the prior seasonal stuff, and there is at least some value in letting the itemization rework stand on its own without a temporary season maguffin adding power on top of it.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of get it though, the helltide rework and the addition of greater rifts are more substantial end game additions than any of the prior seasonal stuff, and there is at least some value in letting the itemization rework stand on its own without a temporary season maguffin adding power on top of it.

Yeah, it might be a good thing to give everyone a few months relearning the game after the rework.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
I am loving the game but god damn the HDR image just looks so washed out on my TV. Like there's this annoying grey filter over everything.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about them adding a temporary seasonal thing like the mechanical pet. I am glad they decided on doing massive reworks and permanent additions to the core game instead. I feel like this is the most they have ever added in a single season and it sounds like good stuff that is permanent going forward.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I am not 100% sure but I think I used this guide
www.dexerto.com

How to play Battle.net games on Steam Deck - Dexerto

Wondering how to play Battle.net games on Steam Deck? You can play World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, and a few other titles, but it'll take some work.

installing the battle.net it is a bit of a hassle, but once done it launches and updates with no issues ever
Yeah the guide is a pain. I remember it took me several tries to get it working correctly but after I got it working it runs great