• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Launch predictions

• Both smooth: minor hiccups, overall totally fine

Votes: 148 38.0%
  • Early: smooth, Full: rough

Votes: 72 18.5%
  • Early: rough, Full: smooth

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
what in the living fuck. i made it to ked bardu in the dry steppes, and now im getting actual factual hard crashes on my PC. like its literally resetting my entire PC. its rebooting. i hadnt had a single hard crash before this, and im in act III at level 48.

WTFFFF

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I need some advices by people that are 70+, so I am 64 but I feel like leveling is stalling and items I am getting are not better that what I already have. I've been doing nightmare dungeons over 4-5 levels ahead of mine and I managed just fine but still feel very slow for me. Today I unlock w4 with not much difficulty but now enemies are 70+ and while I can kill and survive, it is more harder but they give me so much experience that I don't know if it is worth it stick to W4 and have a slighly harder time or rollback to W3 and spam nightmare dungeons until I am level 67 or so and switch back to w4.

How your experience in those levels were?
I switched to t4 at 63. Ancestral loot and the xp boost were too good. I had to switch my sorc build from lightning to frost though.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
New video about resistances, and if this is accurate, they aren't worth bothering with in their current form. Also reiterates why it's better to put skulls in your jewelry instead of actual resistance specific gems:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkjtL33hNQ

I need some advices by people that are 70+, so I am 64 but I feel like leveling is stalling and items I am getting are not better that what I already have. I've been doing nightmare dungeons over 4-5 levels ahead of mine and I managed just fine but still feel very slow for me. Today I unlock w4 with not much difficulty but now enemies are 70+ and while I can kill and survive, it is more harder but they give me so much experience that I don't know if it is worth it stick to W4 and have a slighly harder time or rollback to W3 and spam nightmare dungeons until I am level 67 or so and switch back to w4.

How your experience in those levels were?

This has been my experience since 62, and I complained a lot about it, but apparently to some I'm just not understanding gear, or making it up. 😆
Used to be over two-thirds of what would drop for me was non-Sacred gear that was level 49 or below, and lately it's been about half Sacred (doing Nightmare 20), where I think I see maybe a single upgrade every six to eight hours if I'm lucky, but keep in mind I've also leveled up a few times, so the rest of my gear has fallen even further behind. All of it has been maxed out on upgrades at the smith too.

I would ignore doing T4 unless you're able to do it grouped until you hit at least 71 - 73 yourself.

I switched to t4 at 63. Ancestral loot and the xp boost were too good. I had to switch my sorc build from lightning to frost though.

I've been holding off doing this for a while now, even though I have no doubt the experience would be a lot better. I am holding out hope though that after I get the necessary nodes on the current board I am working on that things will change. If it doesn't turn around for the better, I'll be switching my spec...even though I don't really have optimal gear for it, despite being on the lookout for it in case I wanted to switch.

Is the experience boost worth it even if you are not going beyond Nightmare 20 in T4? Whenever I tested the waters it just seemed a lot slower overall due to how much longer it took to kill anything.

Last edited:

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
So they remove this from the game right?

image.png

Everybody who got one 4 days ago better not part with it.

I got a 80% on one of my first lego drops just last night when beating the act 1 boss. The only werebear skill I'm using is Trample

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
legendary boots have fallen once the entire time ive been playing and its just odd to me ive gotten a crazy about of legendaries of every kind but one boot that by the time I hit 50.... were useless......hell they were useless by level 30

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
I am sucking with drops, lvl 29 sorc and still stuck with lvl 14-19 gear😭. Finished act 1 though so can't wait to get killed immediately as I venture westward.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I got a unique ring that if a core skill hits five enemies it refunds 30% of resource cost. How would that work for whirlwind? Does it refund once or if I keep hitting five enemies it keeps refunding? I had to turn it off before getting a chance to test. Seems like it could be good if it keeps my fury up?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
What determines where your portal takes you back to? It seems random but I know there must be a logic to it.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Is there a way to tell if a dungeon has a quest associated with it before getting the quest? I think I've done 2 dungeons now and had to redo them once I got their quest.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Either a chapter base or nearest base.
That's what I was thinking but I was at Tree of Whispers and it wanted to take me back to Zarbinzet which is much further than Kyovashad.

Is there a way to tell if a dungeon has a quest associated with it before getting the quest? I think I've done 2 dungeons now and had to redo them once I got their quest.
I think I saw a reddit thread where someone was actually compiling this. If I can find it I'll let ya know.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Well the boss of the capstone dungeon just despawned on me. Had to force quite the game to get out of the area. Apparently a known bug that they haven't fixed yet?

Dungeon side-quests

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

That's what I was thinking but I was at Tree of Whispers and it wanted to take me back to Zarbinzet which is much further than Kyovashad.

I think I saw a reddit thread where someone was actually compiling this. If I can find it I'll let ya know.
Here you go https://reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/143ho61/list_of_all_side_quests_that_lead_to_dungeons_for/

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
game is so addictive

remember to take breaks and clear your head lol

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Just looted these, perfect for me. I would have perhaps prefered +teleport instead of mana reduction but I am having serious mana issues so I'm not sad, the +3 to Frost Nova is just delicious.

pahyTNv.jpg

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
I just burned through 7m gold enchanting 2 items, is there any skanks to make big gold? I sell everything I don't need for transmog.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington

Found it for ya. Prob will look into this myself soon enough.

old.reddit.com

List of All Side Quests That Lead To Dungeons for Optimal Renown

Posted in r/diablo4 by u/Tyndy • 1,697 points and 144 comments

edit: LOL SpottieO, too fast!

Thanks. It feels like it would be a great QoL feature if they just included a little UI indicator to indicate quests you haven't done involve that dungeon.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
What in the hell...my game kept freezing on my Series S everytime I finished a quest so I restarted the console fresh and now Im stuck on loading screens...

Weird bug.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Man I was right in the middle of a big stronghold fight and I lost server connection. Really sucks.

snack

Oct 27, 2017
app.mobalytics.gg

Bajheera's Rend Bleed WT4 Build - Diablo 4 Barbarian Build Guide

Conquer the game with Bajheera's Rend Bleed WT4 Build Barbarian build! Learn everything about the build: enchantments, skills, aspects, stats priority and gameplay loop.

on the site it says that:

If you are using a sword, then we want to take 2 Handed Axe Expertise

If you are using an axe, then we want to take 2 Handed Sword Expertise

how come? can anyone explain it

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
I realize some people have enjoyed the story but having to slog through this unremarkable campaign to get to certain content and aspects (go here and smash, now go here smash…) feels far too long to me.

Wish the quest part was much shorter. But YMMV

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Welp Brol fucking sucks. I'm getting absolutely tricked despite steamrolling everything in this act more or less.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
This weekend and the next are going to be challenging for the servers. There's so much content in the game that most people playing through the campaign in early access are still at it. Now with everyone from full launch...

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
Is that final chapter always going to be higher than you because I'm only level 41 and not sure if I should be leveling or just pushing through

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Welp Brol fucking sucks. I'm getting absolutely tricked despite steamrolling everything in this act more or less.

He was tricky. I have a minion Necromancer build and he can stomp all my minions in one hit. If he didn't have reinforcements I could generate corpses from, I'd be screwed.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
I am getting lucky tonight, just got a 2000 DPS increase on my staff. Went from 3k to 5k. I am absolutely broke now though (can't even afford sockets). I need to find a decent roll on this aspect though, I had to use the codex on it which felt horrible.

xrB9RAI.jpg