• Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How are the early access queues so far?

I held off on playing because I was worried about how bad they'd be.

there are zero queues

edit: oooh first reply of the next page so i'll use this space to remind yall to make sure to get a 5% exp buff from the alchemist!!

also, if you join the clan, plz post in the discord for era verification :)

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
The first main story boss fight is (still) a giant pain in the ass/unfun as melee, unchanged from beta 1, and just like in the beta, really soured me on things, at least as a melee rogue.

Having to dodge multiple rounds of energy-bola-spam, avoiding the connection links from the boss to the 'minibosses' she spawns, and the enemies all teleporting/flying away at random intervals in a tiny-ass space, complete with aoe columns randomly firing off making you unable to do any actions, and each hit giving you the 'take more damage' debuff is super, super-unfun.

Died once, beat it on the second try, but just....not at all enjoyable.

Especially if you don't happen to have specced into a bunch of mobility options/dots, or have a legendary that increases mobility via new skills or dodge # increases.

I imagine it's still easier as a sorc or necro for just having your summons do work and only having to run around dodging beams, but....ugh.

I just hope that's the only real 'boss' in that vein of being immune/add spam, though given the game's potion system limitations....I kinda doubt it.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, thanks for the information.

I don't know what class I'll start out with.

I'm torn between Necromancer, Sorcerer, and Druid.

I was a Witch Doctor in my first run on Diablo 3 before I switched to Wizard. I enjoyed being a Wizard there for a while.

But I LOVED being a Necromancer when I played Diablo 3 on Switch. That was by far my favourite class due to the sheer chaos of summoning an army of minions.

I'd say I'm leaning on that but I kind of don't want to have the exact same experience with Diablo 4 as a Necromancer than I did with Diablo 3, haha.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone running a Necro need assurance i'm not making a mistake. Figured for the first run do a Necro for fun and then when Season 1 starts run with a more meta class. But the way all the youtube videos I see talk about the Necro, makes me feel like i'm shitting on myself for choosing it.

Jun 1, 2021
Anyone running a Necro need assurance i'm not making a mistake. Figured for the first run do a Necro for fun and then when Season 1 starts run with a more meta class. But the way all the youtube videos I see talk about the Necro, makes me feel like i'm shitting on myself for choosing it.

Not at all. Two necro builds are in the S tier for endgame. Just as viable. Although a minion necro isn't as viable.

DualEdge

Jun 11, 2018
Is there anyway to change some of the transparency of the UI elements? I'm playing on an OLED TV and I'm kind of concerned about burn-in with lengthy gameplay sessions.

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
How do I find the Era clan in game? I'm not getting anything after searching. I know I need to send a request first then post in the Discord.

Having a blast so far!

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone getting random bright flashes of light on PC? I was little drunk last night playing on my desktop and thought I was going crazy but it's happening on my work laptop too.

Jun 1, 2021
I am really impressed with the open world feel in this. So many little dynamic things that make it feel alive. Zombies feeding on corpses, ambushes from the trees, etc.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. Two necro builds are in the S tier for endgame. Just as viable. Although a minion necro isn't as viable.

Which they made even less viable after the beta. I love Necromancer FOR summoning, but it's been a real let down how fast they die to even a basic elite. And I'm only level 16. For bosses I might as well not have them. Basically destroys the fun of a summoning class. Hoping they reverse course. If I wanted to play a mage class, I'd go sorcerer.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Just hit 25 on Druid and I think I might reroll - werewolf is basically one skill spam (Shred) and it's... mediocre. Also, I'll take mana over resource builder/spender system any time any day.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Necro is really strong, it's just run/walk speed is slow right now. Too slow. I think they will tweak it before season one. IMO there's no reason to skip necro if it looks fun to you.

Edit: yeah, you just can't run a summon necro. It's dead in the water. Bone and shadow are great, blood is manageable.

Jun 1, 2021
There was a great legendary in Diablo Immortal that caused your summon skeleton to become one powerful skeleton with a whirlwind ability. I'd love that in this.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Not that I even want this, I bought the more expensive game to play early.... But wasn't there a battle pass thing that's part of the extra editions? Did they scrap that idea? I see there's a cash shop though.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
Played for a few hours last night and then a bit this morning before work. This is pretty much my first go at a Diablo game (played a bit of 3 but didn't get too far), so I'm having a good time.

Any recommendations on how to structure a build for my Necromancer? I'm just picking and experimenting with different skills that seem interesting, but there's so many choices.

Bengraven