Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Does anyone else miss the insane ragdoll monster deaths of D3? They used to fly sky high. Like combat is still very satisfying, but I want to blast people into the stratosphere.

Also, lvl 60 barrage rogue...very underrated class, I think. I'm destroying everything.

My primary complaint for this game is the loot...not nearly as bad as D3 on launch, but still very uninteresting (some legendary affixes are cool). Paragon seems to balance it out a bit, but I'm kind of in disbelief that after all this time Blizzard still can't match Diablo 2's secret loot sauce. Playing D2R after all these years and the loot hunt still feels like crack, I can't say I have the same feeling with D4 yet. I'm hopeful that will change in time.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
My primary complaint for this game is the loot...not nearly as bad as D3 on launch, but still very uninteresting (some legendary affixes are cool). Paragon seems to balance it out a bit, but I'm kind of in disbelief that after all this time Blizzard still can't match Diablo 2's secret loot sauce. Playing D2R after all these years and the loot hunt still feels like crack, I can't say I have the same feeling with D4 yet. I'm hopeful that will change in time.
It's kinda funny that the enemies all scale with the player but the loot level doesn't. Once you hit Torment and start getting ancestral gear you seem just as likely to get 800+ items whether you're level 60 or level 85. You get to a point where no matter what activities you're doing getting gear that is an upgrade is so exceedingly rare that you start to wonder what the point of continued leveling is, especially when you have to roll a new character for the upcoming season anyways

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
My advice to all that are still doing the campaing, slow down... Enyoy the ride
As soon as you finishe that, just quit the game.
Worst endgame ever, worst loot progression ever, worst unique itens ever, worst build diversity ever. Its just boring.

Falifax

Oct 25, 2017
Worst endgame ever, worst loot progression ever, worst unique itens ever, worst build diversity ever. Its just boring.

So far I've been going slow and enjoying the endgame quite a bit, but after your advice I'm going to nuke my account. Thanks.

Gwynn

Mar 2, 2019
I just contacted Blizzard to delete my account. Thanks 🙄

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Level 75 WW Barb and still loving it.

Once I hit Level 77 I'll have reached my next Legendary Node and will switch over from Lunging Strike to Iron Skin.

Just got a beauty of a 2H-bludgeoning weapon with 4/4 rolls that I want and a perfect legendary affix of Dire Whirlwind.
I have a 3/4 ring I'm trying to roll the last stat (resource generation) on it.
I have a 3/4 Boots I'm trying to roll the last stat (movement speed) on it.
I have to re-jig a lot of my legendary affixes, upgrade items, add sockets.

I still need to get Hawezar Renown Paragon Points, upgrade my Glyphs, and hoping to find a couple uniques and some better Rares to round-out the build.

Game is too fun.

wingthor

Sep 18, 2021
Does anyone else miss the insane ragdoll monster deaths of D3? They used to fly sky high. Like combat is still very satisfying, but I want to blast people into the stratosphere.

Also, lvl 60 barrage rogue...very underrated class, I think. I'm destroying everything.

The quillboars go flying.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done my renown grind. I think taking it slow was a good way to approach it. Just one zone left and like 400ish renown.

Hopefully they'll mix up the renown system from time to time. Different rewards each season. New ways to earn renown.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
Ngl, I don't know if the honeymoon period is wearing off or what, but I find myself not really giving a shit to log on to play. Loot is boring, mob density is lacking, I think dungeon objectives are boring (and horribly repetitive), the horse fucking sucks to a hilarious degree, and honestly open world added nothing to the game for me. And I'm a huge fan of open world games. It just made getting places a chore. I find myself missing D3 and have even considered going back to it lol. I'm going to wait and see what S1 brings, but so far I am very underwhelmed in general.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Level 90 now. Item-wise, I'm still looking for a 1H/Totem that comes close in power to my 2H weapon, but the game is still really stingy on iL810+ items at tier 50 or so NM dungeons. Maybe they'll drop in better numbers the higher I push the tiers.

Also if a good amulet could ever roll +Envenom, that would be great.

Oct 25, 2017
A bit extreme. But I fully understand what you are getting at.
  • The game needs a WT5, it is shocking that its not in the game now. 70/80 is honestly the point to call it.
    • Loot progression just stops way too early.
  • Vulnerable is breaking the game and needs to be adjusted.
    • Make it much more available, adjust the damage multiplier, balance monster health after the adjustment.
  • The entire Nightmare Dungeon system needs a massive rework, it isn't just the experience, glyph experience, and drops.
    • The entire thing feels like a slog. It is the exact same dungeons you have already done, with the exact same monsters, with the exact same mechanics, with the exact same intermission room, and the exact same bosses. It has a new coat of paint added regarding the affixes on the sigils, but the thing is you just destroy the shitty ones and roll with it. I hate to say it, but I would rather have the GR system from Diablo 3 and toss on some modifiers. What I don't want to do anymore is save 6 villagers or go find the box and put it on the pedestal. I don't want to do another intermission room that grants no experience and no loot.
  • Gold costs are out of control. I said this all throughout the endgame beta, the open beta, etc. They are. Yes, I understand its easy to get gold and once you have a perfect set of gear it just stockpiles and you have nothing to spend it on. So what? That isn't going to change if you rebalance the costs in the game. The biggest one here is re-rolling/enchanting gear. It already has a limiting factor and that is the materials from helltides, it doesn't also need this absurd ramping up of gold costs.
  • Most of the Uniques are bad and not remotely build defining. We should have a Unique to chase for each core skill.
  • There isn't build diversity, not if you are trying to do higher end content. This all goes back to vulnerable: Monster HP is so high because of the balance issues regarding player damage. Take out vulnerable and your build and try to do high end content, good luck.
Level 90 now. Item-wise, I'm still looking for a 1H/Totem that comes close in power to my 2H weapon, but the game is still really stingy on iL810+ items at tier 50 or so NM dungeons. Maybe they'll drop in better numbers the higher I push the tiers.

Also if a good amulet could ever roll +Envenom, that would be great.
I don't know why they didn't figure out a way to code in: The higher the player level the better chance you are of getting 800 power items. 60-80% of my loot at 89 is still sacred.

Last edited:

BobSaac2

Jan 6, 2021
Loving the game, but at the same time, I feel like I have seen everything there's to be seen.

I'm lv 61 and there are only a couple of unique left to chase, but other than that, I feel like it is just a repeat until lv 100. From what I've checked, there's no meaningful content unlocked after WT4 and no additional activities.

I think my overall goal is to reach around lv 90~95, and transition into a full PVP build (I don't even know if there are dedicated builds yet).

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary

Icarian

May 9, 2018

View: https://streamable.com/8d7amb

i've been counting, heres how the last 11/21 of my nm dungeons have ended

i cleared the rest of the dungeon, came back, still no spawn.

still no acknowledgement from the team that they even know about this bug

cool cool

I'm level 94 and I've never had the thing not spawn, I've leveled almost exclusively doing NM dungeons and have 7 glyphs leveled to 21. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to spawn so I just circle around the area I've killed the last enemy and it eventually appears, but never took longer than a few seconds, not being able to finish half of your NM dungeons is insane.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Ngl, I don't know if the honeymoon period is wearing off or what, but I find myself not really giving a shit to log on to play. Loot is boring, mob density is lacking, I think dungeon objectives are boring (and horribly repetitive), the horse fucking sucks to a hilarious degree, and honestly open world added nothing to the game for me. And I'm a huge fan of open world games. It just made getting places a chore. I find myself missing D3 and have even considered going back to it lol. I'm going to wait and see what S1 brings, but so far I am very underwhelmed in general.

I was at this point last week, Or the week before. Just no incentive to play it, Proper boring endgame. Necro builds aren't as fun as in D3, ND are a slog and tedious, Let alone for crap rewards. The world and Helltides arent appealing to grind for mystery chests.

And they want me to start all over again for the season haha. I'll be in Japan anyway, But still laughable how they thought this was engaging and have lasting appeal.

I'll come back when corpse lances are in the game, Gear sets, And Faster Dungeons, Akin to GR.

Oct 27, 2017

I got the Early Access version and I still ain't finished Act 1 lol

(I regret nothing)

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, calling it at 75. I've unlocked all the cosmetics for my class and to me, that's beating the game. From what I understand, 75-100 is the exact same thing.

Jan 20, 2023
not being able to finish half of your NM dungeons is insane.
i'm fairly certain i'd have all my build glyphs at 21 and then a few extra by now if not for all the times it just hasn't popped. easily 50 or 60+ times so far. i'm also levelling solo with mostly NMs

It appears to be directly or indirectly related to running barrage from what I have read.

yup, seems to be a major thing people have in common who are reporting it. i aint respeccing for a bug though

Jun 1, 2021

Shit thanks for the warning. Deleted my level 90. Can't believe I wasn't enjoying it.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Which glyphs/skills are you using? Admire you theorycrafting a different build - everyone swears by Exploit, but I have to wonder how much is fact and how much is groupthink in the guidemakers.

Contemplated starting a new build, but it seems so tedious to do between the manual resets, re-gearing with small stash, and the difficulty in actually telling what is better offensively and defensively.
Re: Exploit, I was just looking at the bonuses provided and prioritizing Exploit just didn't make sense to me. It was the first glyph I blindly maxed out because of said groupthink, but then I started actually analyzing and feeling them out by switching them in and out and trying to maximize their bonus attributes.

For my Penitent Greaves/Condemnation Twisting Blade build, Exploit turned out to be the 5th/6th best glyph. My socketed ones are:

Closer (level 19): every 5 dex (edit) in range gives 6.1% increased cutthroat skill damage (currently 78.9%), bonus is 10% DR while holding a melee weapon

Combat (level 21): every 5 intelligence (edit) in range gives 9.9% increased core skill critical damage (currently 69.3%), bonus is skills that critically strike restore 12% of energy cost

Chip (level 21): every 5 dex (edit) in range gives 6.6% increased physical damage (currently 52.8%), bonus is physical damage on enemies makes them up to 10%x more vulnerable to any damage from you

Turf (level 21): every 5 strength (edit) in range gives 9.9% increased damage to close enemies (currently 67.3%), bonus is 10% DR from close enemies

Control (level 16): every 5 intelligence in range gives 11.9% increased crowd control damage (currently 80.8%), bonus is extra 10%x damage to chilled/20%x to frozen enemies (this one is HUGE and is mostly why Penitent Greaves is BIS)

My attached boards are Exploit, Cheap Shot, Tricks of the Trade, and Cunning Stratagem (those are legendary nodes attached to the boards, I can't find the way to get the actual board names to show lol). There might be improvements to be made on this end.

Here's a look at Exploit:

Exploit (level 21): every 5 strength in range gives 4.0% increased damage to vulnerable enemies, and the bonus makes enemies that damage you vulnerable. If I socket that in my best strength glyph socket, it would be giving me an extra 26.9% damage boost to a damage bucket I'm already well invested in, AND it would be replacing Turf which gives me a much larger boost and isn't conditional on vulnerable. It just doesn't make sense to me. I took Exploit off for Turf and instantly felt way more lethal. Even its bonus is useless to me since I make pretty much anything I touch vulnerable with Puncture.

The Exploit board is fantastic, I'll give it that. The glyph? Not so much for me. Every other glyph I have in play gives way more. I'd put Exploit back in for Control if I didn't have Penitent Greaves giving me free crowd control everywhere I walked.

The glyphs I'm working on for the Lilith build are Bane and Tracker for the extra poison damage.

(edit: had some lines mixed up, all fixed now)

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
What progress carries over to seasonal characters other than Lilith shrines?

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I'm finally at the point where the PvP zone is enjoyable. Got 40K shards or whatever last night. A level 68 Druid and a level 66 WW barb kept trying to jump me and I wrecked them every time (level 69 HOTA barb) which really inflated my shards. Dunno why they kept trying but I was happy to take their shards off their hands.

Season carry-over
Oct 25, 2017
What progress carries over to seasonal characters other than Lilith shrines?
We really need to threadmark this Raticus79

From what we understand, the only stuff that carries over into seasonal play:
  1. Complete the campaign one time and you can skip it in Seasons.
  2. Altar of Lilith statues will grant a permanent stat/paragon increase.
  3. Completely uncover the map.
  4. Doing this stuff will let you start the season with 2 of the first renown levels unlocked in all regions.
  5. You will need to log onto your highest level/renown eternal character one time prior to seasonal start (if you haven't logged on in a while).

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023

I've read as much as I could find on the glyph xp bug for nightmare dungeons, and almost all of them include someone mentioning barrage.

This is really stupid, so I tested it this evening; I played 15 nms dungeons in a row, deliberately finishing the boss/last enemy/objective object with some other skill. The glyph kiosk showed up every time.

Then I did 5 ending on barrage intentionally, the kiosk didn't spawn once. That's as close to proof as I'm going to get. My advice would be just don't finish a nm dungeon with barrage. I still haven't seen any recognition from blizzard at all despite the many topics you can find about the bug. I don't know if there are any other triggers for it, but no doubt barrage can cause it.

lol

gonna test this now

incredible stuff

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the renown grind and am sitting at level 73 with my Barb. Maybe the renown took it out of me, but I'm having a hard time mustering up the desire to keep playing. Especially when the devs confirmed that the other items I want won't drop until 85+. I'm just not sure I want to grind that out. I think I'll play FF as a palette cleanser and then come back and see how I feel.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the renown grind and am sitting at level 73 with my Barb. Maybe the renown took it out of me, but I'm having a hard time mustering up the desire to keep playing. Especially when the devs confirmed that the other items I want won't drop until 85+. I'm just not sure I want to grind that out. I think I'll play FF as a palette cleanser and then come back and see how I feel.

I wouldn't recommend playing for a chance at the super uniques. But you could just run nightmare dungeons with 85+ level enemies if you really wanted to. It's sorta like hitting the lottery apparently, which is why I wouldn't recommend that being the primary driver.

I've been kinda treating the grind as a drop in sorta experience and it can be quite fun and a good time sink to just run a couple NM dungeons. I'm mostly waiting for season 1 info at this point. Hopefully we get info about it soon.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
My new mount :D

FzjpP35X0AkP1OO

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Pulvarize with the shockwave aspect is just too fun for me to try another build, plus the pain of respecing. I do think pulvarize druid is one of the most fun builds though.
yeah that's what i'm leaning towards. pulverize looks plenty viable at 100 so that might be where i end up.

KodiakOak

Oct 27, 2017
Level 52 Pulverise Druid and I STILL have not had a single Shockwave aspect drop (yes I am persevering playing the build without it!).

Is that unusual? Is it normal? Have I wronged RNGesus?

Oct 25, 2017
The other items that you want, aren't dropping anyways. We have people that have been level 100 since 48 or so hours in to launch...they still play easily 10 hours a day. Out of those individuals we have not seen a single drop from a single content creator. So you are probably looking at well over 10,000 hours played from that group of individuals and not one has dropped. Understand that there are six of these unique. I think its bugged and they weren't supposed to drop till WT5 from the jump.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The other items that you want, aren't dropping anyways. We have people that have been level 100 since 48 or so hours in to launch...they still play easily 10 hours a day. Out of those individuals we have not seen a single drop from a single content creator. So you are probably looking at well over 10,000 hours played from that group of individuals and not one has dropped. Understand that there are six of these unique. I think its bugged and they weren't supposed to drop till WT5 from the jump.
Yeah, i don't want to sound like a complotist, but i wouldn't be surprised if the drop rate was kinda bugged, or way, way, way, waaaaay to low. Dropping 2H Unique Swords is not an issue to me, i dropped 10+ since i'm 90. But 0 Grandfathers in all of this ? That's crazy... and not uncommon at all according to other people being at that level.

Speaking of which... damn, i need that patch notes asap. Reloading the thread here all the time ahah

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017

Welp… Guess we're waiting for season 1 at this point. I didn't realize they were that rare/potentially bugged.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i don't want to sound like a complotist, but i wouldn't be surprised if the drop rate was kinda bugged, or way, way, way, waaaaay to low. Dropping 2H Unique Swords is not an issue to me, i dropped 10+ since i'm 90. But 0 Grandfathers in all of this ? That's crazy... and not uncommon at all according to other people being at that level.

Speaking of which... damn, i need that patch notes asap. Reloading the thread here all the time ahah
Those patch notes are going to make or break my desire to play till Season. The idea that they would wait till season for WT5 is crazy. You are going to start that there untested?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those patch notes are going to make or break my desire to play till Season.
Yeah, this is where i'm at too ahah. I don't expect the notes to like, completely fix the game, but i want them to really motivate me to farm at least. But unfortunately, nothing would do this better than adding WT5, and i don't see them doing this right now.

Speaking of uniques :

Compare to Diablo 2, some of the rarest and most powerful items were high runes like Ber. They were extremely exciting to drop and a huge celebration. It dropped every 100-200 hours of game play on average. That is 10,000-20,000 more often than the rare uniques in Diablo 4. In other words, it would be faster to farm 5,000 Ber runes than a Shako or Grandfather in Diablo 4

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the actual numbers, but is there a chance it's just a display bug using 50% amulet or 100% two hander bonuses?
nope they were same slot, i looked at protector that was on a lvl 83 helm vs codex and then arrow storm on a lvl 82 dagger vs codex, codex was higher than the max potential roll on both aspects

Last edited:

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I still have about 6-10 levels of grinding I want to do, and I'd like to do the PvP zone for a while and get some of the PvP cosmetics, and do some more build optimizations. Lots of desire still for me to play (unless the nerf my Barb, haha). But I've only played 2-3 hours a day since launch so I know I'm in a different boat than the hardcore folks here.