• Early: rough, Full: smooth

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Both rough: error 37, queues for hours, servers on fire

Votes: 101 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

louris

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting the same 4-5 events again and again, with a high frequency. Is this a bug or the experience of everyone?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I think me and my friend found out exactly how the game punishes Disconnects while in battle in Hardcore Mode.

If you disconnect either by accident or on purpose while you're in the middle of a battle the game will punish you and it will actually keep you logged in after you have already left and allow monsters to kill you because the game thinks that you're trying to cheat death by disconnecting.

The game will then proceed to stay logged in for at least 1 minute which is ample time for any monster to kill you while you are standing there doing nothing and during that time frame the game will not allow you to log back in.

There is a way to avoid death in this scenario in Hardcore mode only once you get to level 20 the game will start dropping Scrolls of Escape. If you equip a Scroll of Escape to your quick menu wheel (where your emotes are) instead of the game allowing you to be killed once you disconnect you will instead be automatically transported to the nearest main city and that's where you will be once you log back in.

Alternatively you can have a party member kill all of the nearby enemies while you log back in. The Scroll itself drops at random and it can't be reliably farmed at this point.

The player in that Kotaku article obviously rushed to Lv.100 for the competition because otherwise he would have known about the Scroll of Escape and wouldn't have lost his character to the disconnect.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is necro fun later in the game. Feel the minion stuff gets old later but older build aren't strong enough for high level stuff

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
What level should I realistically attempt the second capstone? If I'm 62 or so and can run tier 10 nightmare hunts should I give it a go? Grinding some today to try to run it tonight.

Without PS+ / Live Gold subscription...

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
guys do i need ps plus to play diablo iv campaign on PS5?
No, you do not need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to play the majority of Diablo 4. You can experience the solo campaign, endgame content, and couch co-op mode without PS+ or Xbox Live.

However, you need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to engage with multiplayer content, including PVP, chats, and partying up with other players online.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Given there's bafflingly no matchmaking, how do I group up with people? I'm not signing up on Discord or whatever lol

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
I'm still lost on how to look for upgrades past the campaign and in WT3.

I'm 51 and all sacred rares I found so far had random stats and felt like salvage fodder. I don't know if I'm supposed to "make it do" or just reroll a stat, but a reroll is like 10% of my gold atm.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
No, you do not need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to play the majority of Diablo 4. You can experience the solo campaign, endgame content, and couch co-op mode without PS+ or Xbox Live.

However, you need PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold to engage with multiplayer content, including PVP, chats, and partying up with other players online.
Ty

this also means that if the servers are lagging i would not know cuz im not playing it online?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Given there's bafflingly no matchmaking, how do I group up with people? I'm not signing up on Discord or whatever lol
Than your only choices are to either ask to group up with people here or start chatting with randoms in the game and start sending party invites
Ty

this also means that if the servers are lagging i would not know cuz im not playing it online?
Diablo 4 is an Online only game regardless of the absence of PS+ so you can still expereince server/network instability while playing the game.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Also need to mention that Rogue's smoke grenade is garbage on controller. Goes where I want it to go *maybe* 10% of the time.

Anything that needs to be targeted like traps, corpse tendrils or smoke grenades are crap on the controller, there's no way to aim and it just goes anywhere.

Fully made me regret going console over PC

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Played ~25 minutes or so over lunch and almost got to level 40 but did get 3 legendary pieces which I am no wearing!

Is there a benefit to a clan? EXP boost or anything?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This might be a weird situation.
I have a 36 character. Horse unlocked also
I make a new character from scratch
I remove the old 36 character
Does the account wide thing go away then like the horse etc?
Or does it know i ones unlocked the horse for example?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm just going to look up on a map where to find all these towers of Lilith........

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
I'm feeling pretty burned out already and I'm in ACT II and level 37 which I think means I'm in for a boring end game.

A lot of the time I really do not understand why this is an online only game. You barely run into others out in the world and there is no way to have strangers join your parties easily. They really missed the mark on multiplayer which makes online only that much more frustrating.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Don't have a build suggestion, but the general consensus seems to be that WT2 isn't worth it at all if it's your first time through. I've found T2 to be pretty rough in spots on both classes I've tried, but I'm pushing through with it on Barb just the same.

Isn't T3 and T4 just going to be worse? If I can't beat 2, how am I going to stand a chance in 3?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a weird situation.
I have a 36 character. Horse unlocked also
I make a new character from scratch
I remove the old 36 character
Does the account wide thing go away then like the horse etc?
Or does it know i ones unlocked the horse for example?
I can actually answer this because I experience a total wipeout and lost all of my Hardcore characters today.

The answer is that you get to keep all of your account wide unlocks such as the Horse and Renowned Rewards even with zero characters in your rooster.

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
So I just hit world tier 3 as Hammer of the Ancients barbarian. I have on all legendary gear but I was wondering if I should now be replacing it with the rare sacred drops or just look for more legendaries.

Also does anyone have a guide for the HotA paragon board I'm confused by this.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't T3 and T4 just going to be worse? If I can't beat 2, how am I going to stand a chance in 3?

I think it's about how exp and monster scaling happens if you hit 50 and don't finish the story. Like, you do T2 eventually, but the recommendation seems to be to not bother with it until you finish the campaign.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
A lot of the time I really do not understand why this is an online only game. You barely run into others out in the world and there is no way to have strangers join your parties easily. They really missed the mark on multiplayer which makes online only that much more frustrating.
Right. I wouldn't mind grouping up with others now and again, but no LFG or matchmaking is ridiculous.

The_Hitcher89

Mar 14, 2019
Just realised that side quest markers only appear on the map when you're near them

That's going to make doing all the side content after the campaign a massive pain in the arse.

FordPrefect42

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 7, 2022
I started leveling Barbarian as an alternative while I main Rogue with my brother, but now I'm switching my main. Barb is too fun.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I am level 38 and in Act III
(The Making of the Monsters)

Should I be concerned I am under leveled? I am just running the story and avoiding everything else as you guys suggested.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just realised that side quest markers only appear on the map when you're near them

That's going to make doing all the side content after the campaign a massive pain in the arse.

I found one today that requires you to mine from ore in a particular area to get the item that starts the sidequest. Feels like that one is going to stymie a lot of completionists.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Another really newbie question, but I'm utterly confused.
(ACT 1(?) Level 26 Druid)

So is this map all there is? Like does all the Acts exist on the same map? I have quest icons for ACT II, ACT III etc. Does that mean you can do them out of order? I'm so confused.

I feel like in my short time I've discovered like 20-30% of this map already and haven't really tried. I can't imagine the entire game exists on this. But I guess if you combined Diablo 2 all together it wouldn't be massive...

Also ACTII and ACTIII both show "Level 26" or whatever. Do they just all level scale??

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another really newbie question, but I'm utterly confused.
(ACT 1(?) Level 26 Druid)

So is this map all there is? Like does all the Acts exist on the same map? I have quest icons for ACT II, ACT III etc. Does that mean you can do them out of order? I'm so confused.

I feel like in my short time I've discovered like 20-30% of this map already and haven't really tried. I can't imagine the entire game exists on this. But I guess if you combined Diablo 2 all together it wouldn't be massive...

Also ACTII and ACTIII both show "Level 26" or whatever. Do they just all level scale??
Act 1 is just 1 zone of the whole map, there's 5 zones

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Is necro fun later in the game. Feel the minion stuff gets old later but older build aren't strong enough for high level stuff

Not sure what level you are but I'm like 55 on my Necro and I'm bored AF by my minion build honestly.

Switched to rogue and even at level 30 I'm already having more fun with it. So much faster and more engaging. Necro feels like I spend all my time sacrificing corpses to spam bone spear.