• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Watch this video from Innuendo Studios. Gamers are "Angry Jacks" ever since gamergate (The origin of the alt right invasion into gaming). We still have a lot of work to do.

Deleted member 8702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The irony is BFV has a lot of things these guys would love: the German soldier models are all white, it glorifies the Wehrmacht - and the Waffen-SS indirectly, and it's getting a Nazi campaign tomorrow.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Watch this video from Innuendo Studios. Gamers are "Angry Jacks" ever since gamergate (The origin of the alt right invasion into gaming). We still have a lot of work to do.

It's getting to a point where when people ask your hobbies if you say "oh yeah i like games" you might get weird looks because guilt by association. :(

Oct 26, 2017
Love how they only get pissy about the historical inaccuracies of gender and race even though there are plenty that they overlook related to events, weapons, and equipment. Really goes to show how they really feel...

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018
I bought Battlefield V a week ago on a whim when it was $30 at Target. Didn't know until I looked up some tips on how to improve at the game online that there was a whole controversy and a half surrounding it. Heck, didn't even know it came out until that sale came up.

I take it this isn't how a Battlefield launch usually goes, huh?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I bought Battlefield V a week ago on a whim when it was $30 at Target. Didn't know until I looked up some tips on how to improve at the game online that there was a whole controversy and a half surrounding it. Heck, didn't even know it came out until that sale came up.

The controversy is entirely a product of the shitty political climate we find ourselves in.

Battlefield 1 launched with a few grumbles about "Historical Inaccuracy" but it was more or less free from the shitheels currently plaguing the Battlefield Reddit.

Battlefield 3 and 4 were praised at launch (well...Battlefield 4 was praised after launch once the bugs were ironed out)

Battlefield used to have one of the coolest communities in the FPS Genre, now it's full of Wehraboos, and that makes me very sad.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

usually a few bugs but nothing like this. BF1 had controversy of the opposite since it was supposed to have women in the game too but EA scrapped that.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefiel...boys-don-t-believe-in-them-says-ex-dice-coder

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018
The controversy is entirely a product of the shitty political climate we find ourselves in.

Battlefield 1 launched with a few grumbles about "Historical Inaccuracy" but it was more or less free from the shitheels currently plaguing the Battlefield Reddit.

Battlefield 3 and 4 were praised at launch (well...Battlefield 4 was praised after launch once the bugs were ironed out)

Battlefield used to have one of the coolest communities in the FPS Genre, now it's full of Wehraboos, and that makes me very sad.

Yikes. Now I see what's going on. I forgot we're in that political era now where we have to ask ourselves "Are Nazi's really that bad?" when we spent a whole war trying to rightfully eradicate their scummy Fascistic ideology from the face of the earth. The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

usually a few bugs but nothing like this. BF1 had controversy of the opposite since it was supposed to have women in the game too but EA scrapped that.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefiel...boys-don-t-believe-in-them-says-ex-dice-coder

My, how the times have changed.

Last edited:

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Love how they only get pissy about the historical inaccuracies of gender and race even though there are plenty that they overlook related to events, weapons, and equipment. Really goes to show how they really feel...

This!

All games have some element of suspending belief, yet once minorities are included they loose the plot.
It is pathetic.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Now I see what's going on. I forgot we're in that political era now where we have to ask ourselves "Are Nazi's really that bad?" when we spent a whole war trying to rightfully eradicate their scummy Fascistic ideology from the face of the earth. The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

My, how the times have changed.
yeah, guess the DICE devs weren't wrong though there are gamers that don't like it. Unfortunately.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Gamer genocide"
tenor.gif

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

BF1 has playable women in both SP and MP.

heck just look at Battlefield 1942 it has a whole wiki page on just the inaccuracies of it's weapons :p

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Battlefield_1942/Weapon_inaccuracies
BF1942 did a bloody good job by the standards of the day (Secret Weapons Of WW2 expansion aside obviously). People forget that it's a bloody old game.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BF1 has playable women in both SP and MP.

BF1942 did a bloody good job by the standards of the day (Secret Weapons Of WW2 expansion aside obviously). People forget that it's a bloody old game.

Sure they added women into the game later, was originally planned for launch but removed BECAUSE of gamers like the ones we are seeing now.

And sure, but they aren't historically perfect games... never have been. They are games.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Gamer Genocide, eh?

Is this why I am slowly deteriorating year over year?

FUCK ME! All this time I thought I was just getting older.

STOP GENOCIDING ME! (btw, how are you doing it? Is it chem trails? Is it the fluoride in the water? C'mon you evil far left monsters! SPEAK!)

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Gamer Genocide, eh?

STOP GENOCIDING ME! (btw, how are you doing it? Is it chem trails? Is it the fluoride in the water? C'mon you evil far left monsters! SPEAK!)
You are part of an oppressed minority. Gamer lives matter!

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Good for Dice to stand up against these practices. I only hope BFV not selling wel does not gives the signal that it is because of these people. Go back to BF3 and 4, make it a full Battlefield experience and add as much women as you like. At least in a modern setting they cant complain about it.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Gamer Genocide, eh?

Women in my shooters? You're literally murdering me. I have nothing else in my life besides my shooters and being reminded women exist is basically the same thing as being stabbed in the heart.

Nov 11, 2017
Just give women slightly smaller hit boxes. Everyone will pick to play as women and we'll be over this bullshit within a month.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Sure they added women into the game later, was originally planned for launch but removed BECAUSE of gamers like the ones we are seeing now.

And sure, but they aren't historically perfect games... never have been. They are games.
They had women at launch in SP.

They didn't have women at launch in MP because they didn't have the Russian faction in at launch. Their WW1 game didn't even have the French at launch.

And you're 100% right about them never being historically perfect. The authenticity side of things isn't an on/off switch, it's a continuum. It's the same with movies. Much loved movies and shows like Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers aren't perfect either... but they're a long way from Inglourious Basterds. That's a great movie too, but a very different style.

As I mentioned earlier, my biggest problem with BF5 is that it's trying to be Saving Private Ryan and Inglourious Basterds at the same time. That doesn't bother some people in the slightest, but it really bothers me. Go with one or the other.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yikes, commented a few times in that reddit post and just... nope no more

Volphied

Nov 17, 2017
Surely this has been posted, but thread about them talking about era specifically. So much cringe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel..._dice_dev_posts_on_resetera_if_anything_this/

if you think that's said, check out the thread at the "old place".

https://www./threads/genderfield-v-the-saga-continues.1468749/

Man, it makes me glad that Era doesn't stand for this kind of shit.

LMAO, It's downright hilarious how both of those places turned into an alt-right cesspool.

And they have the nerve to complain about "echo chambers" while circklejerking about "eeeevil SJW's" and other buzzwords popular among regressives.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO, It's downright hilarious how both of those places turned into an alt-right cesspool.

And they have the nerve to complain about "echo chambers" while circklejerking about "eeeevil SJW's" and other buzzwords popular among regressives.
and downvote anyone questioning their narrative into oblivion. I'm not a battlefield player so I can't feel too hurt but for all of the normal players that just want to play the latest series in their favorite game and now become associated with the alt right and outright pedophiles like this is really sad.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They had women at launch in SP.

They didn't have women at launch in MP because they didn't have the Russian faction in at launch. Their WW1 game didn't even have the French at launch.
I have seen former DICE employees on twitter say that the had playable women in BF1's MP from early on, but they faced backlash from playtesters who complained it was "unrealistic". This was some time ago and I can't recall the twitter account in question, but the story on the grapevine has always been that BF1 had female soldiers, much like Battlefront did, but they were removed due to backlash.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Why not? This has been their stance ever since the controversy started. They never supporter DICE in any of these past decisions.

You're mistaken, I mean I was expecting bad things from Dice base off that title (I haven't seen the video yet at the time), hence why I was surprise when I read what was going on from this thread because it's completely opposite of what I thought.