Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
What I'm talking about is season 2 of succession because HOLY HELL was it good. Every episode this season was a banger and like three episodes this season I would call a masterpiece. Each episode had a moment though that will linger with you for a long time.

This season showed just how well succession can mix comedy with drama. There will be moments where your laughing your ass off, then the very next scene you almost have an anxiety attack from the suspense, then the very next scene you'll be cringing so hard you give yourself whiplash. What I love in my media is when it makes you feel emotions and this season has done then ten fold.

Just the three episodes in a row of boar on the floor, safe room, and the dinner with the pierces cement this as the greatest season ever. Now what do you think, have you not watched succession and think there's a better season out there, or have you watched succession and agree wholeheartedly 😉

Also this show has the best rapper to ever get a show in my boy KenWA

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Season 2 of The Leftovers aired in 2015, my man.

(Succession was fucking incredible, I agree)

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you, OP. Season 2 has been nothing short of remarkable. Between this and Barry, it's been a banner year for HBO shows not called "Game of Thrones".

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't think I'd like this show. The original commercials turned me off, but people keep bringing it up this year so I gave it a shot. I'm not on Episode 7 of Season 2 and I'm fucking hooked. I don't think best season ever, but goddamn it's good.

Tom / Greg forever.

"Are you blackmailing me Greg!? You piece of shit!" is like my favorite moment in the entire show.

Man i cant motivate myself to watch this show. Just seems like rich white people problems.

That's what I thought, but people constantly talked about it...

and now I'm fucking hooked.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Season 1 was just ok....and I didn't have high hopes for 2 so I haven't bothered watching. It's THAT good? Goddamn....I'll watch tonight

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I hope that most of you guys saying "It's not TV show A" have actually watched this season. I don't know about best ever, but it's easily the best show of the year.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I just got done watching the season 2 finale and I will definitely recommend this show to anyone. That was a fantastic finale, holy shit!

this show is masterful at weaving genuinely hilarious comedy in with drama

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't started watching this show... but it's on my list for sure. The casting choices are extremely inspired.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Brian Cox could have told HBO to fuck off and he'd still be remembered as one of the all-time great actors of his generation.

Instead, he's delivering the best performance of his career, and he's still only one part of what makes this show so thrilling.

Nov 1, 2017
Definitely the most interesting show airing right now. Inspires so much online discussion/memes even though the ratings are relatively low.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Man i cant motivate myself to watch this show. Just seems like rich white people problems.

Yeah I tried to watch the first season of this and it was watchable, actors were great for sure, but it's just like...hey look at all these rich terrible people being rich and terrible as they try to fuck each other over. What's gonna happen next episode? Are they going to be rich and terrible and cruel? Yes. Yes they are.

But I'm still kinda curious, if the second season is really that good maybe I'll give it another shot.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I tried to watch the first season of this and it was watchable, actors were great for sure, but it's just like...hey look at all these rich terrible people being rich and terrible as they try to fuck each other over. What's gonna happen next episode? Are they going to be rich and terrible and cruel? Yes. Yes they are.

But I'm still kinda curious, if the second season is really that good maybe I'll give it another shot.
How far into the first did you get?

If you still didn't like it by episode 4 or 5 in season 1 then don't bother.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

That IS the show, tbqh. But it's really, really good.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Going to need a bit more time to let it stew but that was easily the best season of TV I've seen in a long time. 1-2 more quality seasons before it ends and it will likely cement itself as a top-5 show for me.

Nov 9, 2017
Season 2 was a big step up. The acting is superb and the comedy and drama are top notch. Not the best ever, but probably my favorite show on tv right now. Even above Better Call Saul right now for me, maybe because of the extended delay between seasons but its how I feel.