• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Came across this, thought it was excellent, decided to share. Some of you probably know it, but let's spread the word a bit. This requires NO hacks, so works on any DS family machine.

As many of you know, special Pokémon tend to get distributed through the live of a gen, and it's often difficult to nab all of them. Some require you to travel really quite far, and others you may have simply missed. Linear time sucks and that's that, right? Well no. There's a way to still get them.

For Gen 4: You'll need to launch the game and edit the Nintendo WFC settings in there. If you recall, Gen 4 was before a system-wide network feature was introduced. Set primary DNS to 164.132.44.106. Note: You'll also need a hotspot that has either no password or uses WEP. Modern standards aren't compatible. You can adjust your router's settings for the sake of this, but it's recommended you go to back to WPA or whatever when done. Android phones can also set up a wifi hotspot with no password.

For Gen 5: You're going to want to go into your console's system settings and change the primary DNS to 164.132.44.106.

Note:
If anyone is having trouble getting Diamond and Pearl events to work try a different DNS. Someone on r/wiimmfi helped me and it worked.

Primary: 172.104.88.237
Secondary: 0.0.0.0

That's really all there is to it! What this will do is make it so when you select "Connect to the Internet" via the Mystery Gift function, it will connect to a custom server that is distributing a shedload of events, which I will list below. As there are loads, you will get assigned one randomly, so you'll need to keep trying to get the one you want. Personally I wanted them all, so just ticked off the ones I was getting as I went.

Obl4Ing.jpg

If you don't have the ability to hack in Pokémon, or if you're like me and consider these more legit than just adding Pokémon clones to your game, this is a goldmine. Look at what you can get:

Black / White / Black 2 / White 2:
  • Scrafty (Lvl 50, 2011 Worlds)
  • Karrablast (Lvl 50, European Summer 2011 Pokemon Day)
  • Secret Egg (TRU 2011, Random 3 from Anime: Ash's Pidove, Iris's Axew, and Cilan's Pansage)
  • Pikachu (Lvl 50, 2012 Worlds, knows "Fly" move)
  • Pikachu (Lvl 100, 2012 Pika Pika Carnival event in Singapore, OT: Fes)
  • Pikachu (Lvl 100, Germany Summer 2012 Pokemon Day)
  • Victini (Lvl 50, Pokemon the Movie 2012 Black and White, has V-Create move)
  • Mewtwo (Lvl 70, Feb 2012, 1st Anniversary)
  • Darkrai (Lvl 50, May 2012, Dark Explorer's tie-in)
  • Keldeo (Lvl 15, Summer 2012, Black 2/ White 2 Pre Release)
  • Shiny Larvitar (Lvl 5, 2012 Worlds)
  • Shiny Dialga (Lvl 100, Summer 2013, Gamestop)
  • Shiny Palkia (Lvl 100, Summer 2013, Gamestop)
  • Shiny Giratina (Lvl 100, Summer 2013, Gamestop)
  • Smeargle (Lvl 50, 2013 Worlds)
  • Mewtwo (Lvl 100, 2013 Extremespeed Genesect Pre-Order Event in Japan)
  • Ray's Shiny Metagross (Lvl 45, 2013 Regionals)
  • Woler's Ludicolo (Lvl 30, 2013 Spring Regionals)
  • Cloyster (Lvl 30, 2013 Winter Regionals, Abram's)
  • Meloetta (Lvl 50, Spring 2013 Gamestop/ EB Games/ GAME)
  • Zekrom (Lvl 100, Spring 2012, Has "Bolt Strike" move)
  • Reshiram (Lvl 100, Spring 2012)
  • Zoroark (Lvl 50, Summer 2011, TRU)
  • Deoxys (Lvl 100, 2013, B2W2 Only)
  • Genesect (Lvl 15, Fall 2012, B2W2 Launch event, "Techno Blast" move)
  • Liberty Pass (Item to meet Victini)
  • Shelmet (Lvl 50, EU Pokemon Day 2011)
HeartGold / SoulSilver:
  • Shiny Suicune (Lvl 30, Winter 2011)
  • Shiny Entei (Lvl 30, Winter 2011)
  • Celebi (Lvl 50, Winter 2011)
  • Crobat (Lvl 30, Worlds 2010)
  • Ash's Pikachu (Lvl 50, TRU)
  • Mew (Lvl 5, Fall 2010)
  • Jirachi (Lvl 5, Summer 2010)
  • Shiny Eevee (Lvl 50, Video Game Championship 2010)
  • Enigma Stone (Lvl 40, Latios in HG or Latias in SS)
  • Amity Meadows (Pokewalker Route Info, Japanese)
  • Rally (Pokewalker Route Info, Japanese)
  • Sightseeing (Pokewalker Route Info, Japanese)
  • Yellow Forest (Pokewalker, All Pikachu)
  • Winner's Path (Pokewalker Route Info)
  • Lock Capsule (Unofficial, separate Wonder Card section)
Diamond / Pearl / Platinum:
  • Jirachi (Lvl 5, Summer 2010)
  • Celebi (Lvl 50, Winter 2011)
  • Shiny Milotic (Lvl 50, Video Game Championships 2009)
  • Shiny Suicune (Lvl 30, Gamestop Event)
  • Shiny Entei (Lvl 30, Gamestop Event)
  • Shiny Raiku (Lvl 30, Gamestop Event)
  • Shiny Pichu (Lvl 30, Spring 2010, When brought to HGSS can give you Spiky Eared Pichu)
  • Crobat (Lvl 30, Worlds 2010)
  • Mew (Lvl 5, Fall 2010)
  • Ash's Pikachu (Lvl 50, Phantom Champion Zoroark 2010)
  • Scizor (Lvl 50, Phantom Champion Zoroark 2010)
  • Regigigas (Lvl 100, TRU USA)
  • Regigigas (Lvl 100, EU Movie)
  • Deoxys (Lvl 50, 2008 Gamestop)
  • Arceus (Lvl 100, 2009 TRU)
  • Manaphy (Lvl 50, AU JB Hi-Fi)
  • Manaphy (Lvl 50, TRU)
  • Manaphy (Lvl 50, Nintendo World)
  • Crobat (Lvl 30, 2010 Worlds)
  • Weavile (Lvl 30, 2009 Worlds)
  • Lucario (Lvl 30, 2008 Worlds)
  • Darkrai (Lvl 50, ALAMOS, 4 possible with diff ID)
  • Shaymin (Lvl 50, TRU, Gracidea)
  • Dragonite (Lvl 50, TRU)
  • Pikachu (Lvl 20, Nintendo Zone, Knows "Present")
  • Key Item: Secret Key
  • Key Item: Membership Card
  • Key Item: Oak's Letter
  • Key Item: Unofficial, Azure Flute
  • App: Feeling Checker
  • App: Alarm Clock
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia events
  • Special Mission: Manaphy (Recover the Manaphy Egg)
  • Special Mission: Riolu (Rescue Kidnapped Riolu)
  • Special Mission: Darkrai (Liberate the Tower)
  • Extra Mission: Dialga (Dialga in Hia Valley)
  • Extra Mission: Palkia (Palkia in Haruba Desert)
  • Extra Mission: Shaymin (For the Bride and Shaymin)

Update:

Just a heads up, you can use another DNS to get all the wifi quest for Dragon Quest IX.

D8-O3dXXYAE-oJu.jpg

Last edited:

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
OH MY GOD YELLOW FOREST IS IN THERE

I've regretted started a new game in HGSS for YEARS because I would never get another surfing or flying pikachu

aahhhhhh thank yoooouuuu

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I recall that several sites like this have existed for years, and that one shared all the info necessary to download the event broadcasting software to your PC and basically broadcast it from your router so you could fully replicate the experience of having your DS/3DS access the give away.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I knew you could get about any Pokemon you wanted by messing with the DNS code, but I didn't know you could get key items for legit mythical encounters too. That's cool! Actually makes me feel like playing through all of these games, again.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yep, used this to get the event exclusive Pokewalker routes I was missing in HGSS.

Probably bears mentioning that this also allows for Wi-Fi trading/battling in Gen 4 and 5, too. Even the GTS is up and running, last time I checked.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I used a process similar to this to replicate events back in the day and yes it is incredible. It's been pretty easy to get all of the event pokemon lately anyways but it's cool that you can still see things like the arceus event in hgss.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had the time to go back to older pokemon games but this is cool. I remember having to use action replay codes to get access to event items in the gen 3 games.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quite cool! The only "hacking" I do with Pokemon is adding event mons.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Guess it's time to take out my copies of Diamond, Platinum, HG/SS, Black and Black 2 for a bit.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
For what it's worth, I think there's something like this for Ultra Sun and Moon which would give you acess to every legendary and Mythical to date (besides Meltan )and they'd count as legit gor Pokemon Bank.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
For what it's worth, I think there's something like this for Ultra Sun and Moon which would give you acess to every legendary and Mythical to date (besides Meltan )and they'd count as legit gor Pokemon Bank.

Ugh, you just reminded of the headache I'm going to have getting the Gen 4 ones into Gen 5 (to ultimately bring into Bank). What were they thinking back in those days...

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Worth mentioning that the gen 4 games don't support modern WiFi encryption or whatever so you either have to change the settings on your router or if you have an Android phone I think you might be able to set up a hotspot with no password? On iOS you can't though

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, this is awesome. I'm currently playing Black 2 for the first time, so will definitely try this.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
This sounds way easier - anyone have details on this? Are they glitchy or legit?
If you don't care about the mythicals, you can get every legendary through the post game worm holes, though some are are restricted to the different versions. As for the other method, they count as legit so long as you do it properly from my understanding. I'll try and dig it up.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
This is great! I thought I'd never get Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, etc. I will try this as soon as I've got a moment.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Events aren't just mythical/legendary giveaways, mind, they often have an exclusive move, are shiny, unlock an in-game event, add a new feature to the Pokewalker, commemorate something in the anime, and so on. And many of the events aren't legendary/mythical at all.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So there was another option besides downloading the distribution roms and using a R4, that's great news.

I'm still baffled they left such an important scene like Giovani and Silver's tied to an event in HGSS. Completely ridiculous.

Edit: You can get the Enigma Stone too? That's fantastic, finally a 100% playthrough is possible for HGSS!

Thanks OP!

Last edited:

Dariento

Jun 6, 2019
Whoa, this is pretty sweet. I got some of these event Pokemon back in the day, but it always irked me that the Member Card and Oak's Letter event items weren't distributed to Diamond and Pearl players, not to mention the Azure Flute never being released. This makes me want to fire up the old carts and finally get to play those areas.

May_Patra

Oct 28, 2017
I've never heard of this before. Thanks OP! That's such perfect timing, since I'm currently replaying Platinum.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's neat, though getting the gen 4 one will be hard due to not having WEP wi-fi and I rather not use up credit with my phone...unless I can get my phone to use the wi-fi and then from there set the phone up as a hot spot. 🤔

Ah well, I do have an action replay should I ever need to resort to it to get the Rotom event in Platinum. 👀

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
I really wish my 3DS wasn't banned. I lost my entire Pokemon Bank and my living dex with so many events. I would love to do this but I have no way of getting pokemon bank tied to my NNID that I have on the switch unless I make a new NNID for the 3ds only then do trades once Home is available. :/

Oct 27, 2017
This is not working for me with White (1) and Black 2, but it's working flawlessly with Platinum (and I guess SS as well). Any issues with Gen V games?

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
This is not working for me with White (1) and Black 2, but it's working flawlessly with Platinum (and I guess SS as well). Any issues with Gen V games?

Gen 5 working fine here, just grabbed a few events. In fact it's easier to get working because the games can use more modern wifi security, so if you got 4 working...

What type of DS are you using?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Came across this, thought it was excellent, decided to share. Some of you probably know it, but let's spread the word a bit. This requires NO hacks, so works on any DS family machine.

As many of you know, special Pokémon tend to get distributed through the live of a gen, and it's often difficult to nab all of them. Some require you to travel really quite far, and others you may have simply missed. Linear time sucks and that's that, right? Well no. There's a way to still get them.

For Gen 4: You'll need to launch the game and edit the Nintendo WFC settings in there. If you recall, Gen 4 was before a system-wide network feature was introduced. Set primary DNS to 164.132.44.106. Note: You'll also need a hotspot that has either no password or uses WEP. Modern standards aren't compatible. You can adjust your router's settings for the sake of this, but it's recommended you go to back to WPA or whatever when done. Android phones can also set up a wifi hotspot with no password.

For Gen 5: You're going to want to go into your console's system settings and change the primary DNS to 164.132.44.106.

That's really all there is to it! What this will do is make it so when you select "Connect to the Internet" via the Mystery Gift function, it will connect to a custom server that is distributing a shedload of events, which I will list below. As there are loads, you will get assigned one randomly, so you'll need to keep trying to get the one you want. Personally I wanted them all, so just ticked off the ones I was getting as I went.

Obl4Ing.jpg

If you don't have the ability to hack in Pokémon, or if you're like me and consider these more legit than just adding Pokémon clones to your game, this is a goldmine. Look at what you can get:

This is super helpful. I'll do this for my son.

What 2ds is that?