Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the New 2DS XL Pokéball Edition.

61nsdWsX35L._SX679_.jpg

Is that any good? I have been thinking of upgrading my launch model 3DS but held back from getting the new 2DS XL due to the speaker being on the bottom.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
I really wish my 3DS wasn't banned. I lost my entire Pokemon Bank and my living dex with so many events. I would love to do this but I have no way of getting pokemon bank tied to my NNID that I have on the switch unless I make a new NNID for the 3ds only then do trades once Home is available. :/
The reason why I was banned? I played Pokemon Sun early. An actual physical copy. :/

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The reason why I was banned? I played Pokemon Sun early. An actual physical copy. :/

Same thing happened to me. As I recall, a whole bunch of us were hit with that just because places sent out the game a bit early. So getting Pokémon from Gen7 to Gen8 is going to be.. interesting.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I heard people were able to get unbanned by sending Nintendo proof of a physical copy. It's too bad they resorted to that since they couldnt detect a hacked 3DS.

Oct 27, 2017
Gen 5 working fine here, just grabbed a few events. In fact it's easier to get working because the games can use more modern wifi security, so if you got 4 working...

What type of DS are you using?

I tried with both a 2DS and a N2DS. I'll switch to my DSi, which is working fine with Gen 4.

Edit: The DSi isn't working either :S

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn, this is great. Thanks OP.

How does Heart Gold and the Pokewalker play with a New 3DS? I've never really played many DS games on 3DS, considering how awful they looked on the original 3DS.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England

How does Heart Gold and the Pokewalker play with a New 3DS? I've never really played many DS games on 3DS, considering how awful they looked on the original 3DS.

Absolutely fine. For the Pokéwalker, it communicates with the carts using their built-in IR sensor, so still works fine on 3DS.

I tried with both a 2DS and a N2DS. I'll switch to my DSi, which is working fine with Gen 4.

Edit: The DSi isn't working either :S

Definitely going into the console's systems and not game's built-in WFC connection, right? Might want to also make sure as well as the primary DNS listed, you could try setting secondary to 0.0.0.0 too. I've heard that can help.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Bookmarking this thread for when I eventually build my Pokémon collection back up. Thanks a bunch OP.

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
That is so awesome!
Is there any risk on my 3DS being banned by doing this?
Anyone can help me with a guide on how to use my smartphone to do this? I'm almost illiterate with router settings

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely fine. For the Pokéwalker, it communicates with the carts using their built-in IR sensor, so still works fine on 3DS.

Right, OK. I thought I remembered the cart having a sensor (it was also darker than most DS cartridges if I recall?), but that's good to hear. I never did finish that one though; I got to Kanto, but didn't carry on after that for some reason.

I was probably trying to hatch or catch something specific, and dropped off it.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Definitely going into the console's systems and not game's built-in WFC connection, right? Might want to also make sure as well as the primary DNS listed, you could try setting secondary to 0.0.0.0 too. I've heard that can help.
Speaking of the Pokewalker, what happens when the battery runs out? Does everything on it get deleted?

I ask because I never had one and bought (and should arrive soon) a complete SS game on Ebay but the Pokewalker needs a new battery.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn, his is amazing! Everyone do the Arceus HG/SD event, it's amazing!

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Speaking of the Pokewalker, what happens when the battery runs out? Does everything on it get deleted?

I ask because I never had one and bought (and should arrive soon) a complete SS game on Ebay but the Pokewalker needs a new battery.

You lose the session, steps, all that stuff, but the actual Pokémon you deposited in there will be safe.

Hot damn, his is amazing! Everyone do the Arceus HG/SD event, it's amazing!

It really is! One of the best things in Pokémon, ever.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
You lose the session, steps, all that stuff, but the actual Pokémon you deposited in there will be safe.

It really is! One of the best things in Pokémon, ever.
Thanks. I also read that you can get special routes or something like that? Having a Jirachi on the game gives you that I think. Does that get erase too?

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
It's not mentioned in the OP, but this also allows you to connect to an unofficial GTS server, so you can trade online again.
You can find a full list of Pokemon deposited for trade at any given time here:

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Thanks. I also read that you can get special routes or something like that? Having a Jirachi on the game gives you that I think. Does that get erase too?

Special routes are stored in your game, and only exist in the Pokéwalker for that session. All the routes are available with this method, though.

Oct 27, 2017

Definitely sure. Gen 4 is working just fine through my Moto G6 Plus's hotspot :/

Edit: Nevermind, got it working through my router! :D

Last edited:

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017

Bit off topic and maybe you already know this, but hold the Select button when you open a DS game on 3DS and it'll display the game at something closer to its original resolution. Greatly improves how they look.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Saving the fuck out of this because I've been contemplating coming back to the DS games for another romp.

Will it work if I use a 3DS Family system?

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Special routes are stored in your game, and only exist in the Pokéwalker for that session. All the routes are available with this method, though.

So I'm totally set now.

I already have a R4 to get Celebi, Pichu and Arceus but was screwed with the Enigma Stone. Thanks you so much.

Love ya OP.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
Just want to pop in to say thanks for bringing this to our attention. Currently getting all the event pokemans on my BW2 cart!

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Is the Genesect event available on Black or just Black 2? Haven't seen it pop up yet on Black.

Edit: Only black/white 2

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Bit off topic and maybe you already know this, but hold the Select button when you open a DS game on 3DS and it'll display the game at something closer to its original resolution. Greatly improves how they look.

Thanks for the tip, but yeah, that was what I had issues with. On the original 3DS, if you did that, the picture was absolutely tiny to the point of being comical lol.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Just tested a UK version of White 2 with a New 3DS XL and it worked fine. You guys, for whom it's failing, you are picking "Get via Nintendo WFC" right?

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea about this, thanks for sharing OP. Was thinking of starting up my copy of White2 for the first time and this seals it.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not too sure about the Gen 4 list. I did this for hours about 6 months ago and then another hour today and never came across a Mew, Scizor, Manaphy or Dragonite.
I was using platinum. Is it possible that those are only for diamond and pearl?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I don't know where the best download links are at this point but you can definitely do this sort of thing on a local setup with a personal computer/server with the tools they're using if you get the wondercards