• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone, anyone picking up the Japanese version of Hackers Memory? Have fond recollections of seeing people post their teams and finds with the previous game before western release.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I went through a phase where I drew a lot of Garudamon for a while...
As long as you didn't go through a Sukamon phase or something. :P
Hi everyone, anyone picking up the Japanese version of Hackers Memory? Have fond recollections of seeing people post their teams and finds with the previous game before western release.
Hey, it's good to see you Pelican!
I'm not sure if I want to import yet, but others here are. If Kuwabara and I can guarantee a bump back to the main Video Games page for the Western release, the OT should go up with the Japanese release.
The import OT for Cyber Sleuth was good times.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know at least a couple of us are going to be importing the game. Really looking forward to it. I have really fond memories of going through Cyber Sleuth for the first time back when it came out in Japan, and I hope Hacker's Memory can match that.

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, it's good to see you Pelican!
I'm not sure if I want to import yet, but others here are. If Kuwabara and I can guarantee a bump back to the main Video Games page for the Western release, the OT should go up with the Japanese release.
The import OT for Cyber Sleuth was good times.
Thank you, I'm glad to be here, it's nice to see the community is here.

As much as I enjoyed the Cyber Sleuth OT, I do recall the sinking feeling of 'I'll never be able to play this' prior to the announcement of a western release, don't think I've ever been so happy for a localisation announcement. The jealously I felt was insane though, honestly appeared to be a game I had wanted since my youth.

Game also somehow managed to live up to that. Didn't love Next Order as much but still sank lots of time in.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to new members of DigiEra o/

I am. I expect not many will import though due to the short time between releases but yeah, I'm getting the LE and getting the English Western release just over a month later.

If it's as good as the original CS then... totally worth it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does the Cyber Sleuth games have an OT here? will love to make some questions about the competitve game and be ready for Hacker's Memory too.

Also, 02 is the worst saga from the series, I always have the need to say this when an digimon anime discussion pops up

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Cyber Sleuth games have an OT here? will love to make some questions about the competitve game and be ready for Hacker's Memory too.

Also, 02 is the worst saga from the series, I always have the need to say this when an digimon anime discussion pops up
The original Cyber Sleuth OT was... left behind. If you have questions though, I'm sure we have people who can answer them here.

Also, your opinion of 02 confirms you have good taste.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The original Cyber Sleuth OT was... left behind. If you have questions though, I'm sure we have people who can answer them here.

Also, your opinion of 02 confirms you have good taste.

Oh, I thought that someone would have imported the thread, anyway, with this thread is enough

My doubt is if this game has a recomendated list of optimized teams. At this point it doesn't really matter that much since Hacker's Memory will appear in 3 months, but I want to platinum this game and I will need to do the online colliseum matches. I read that when you can't find an opponent you are matched against a NPC, but that you still need a good team to not be one shot

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought that someone would have imported the thread, anyway, with this thread is enough

My doubt is if this game has a recomendated list of optimized teams. At this point it doesn't really matter that much since Hacker's Memory will appear in 3 months, but I want to platinum this game and I will need to do the online colliseum matches. I read that when you can't find an opponent you are matched against a NPC, but that you still need a good team to not be one shot
With HM coming up and that thread's lack of traffic, I didn't feel there was a point bringing it over.
As for "best teams" I found UlforceVeedramon (for speed), Lilithmon (for piercing skill), ShineGreymon Burst Mode (for skill), and MarineAngemon (for support) were pretty OP.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
With HM coming up and that thread's lack of traffic, I didn't feel there was a point bringing it over.
As for "best teams" I found UlforceVeedramon (for speed), Lilithmon (for piercing skill), ShineGreymon Burst Mode (for skill), and MarineAngemon (for support) were pretty OP.

Any other recomendation for the missing slots to fill?

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017

I saw this posted on the Digimon subreddit, Appmon dub coming soon (maybe? please? one of the better seasons imo) Also, first time posting here!

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I saw this posted on the Digimon subreddit, Appmon dub coming soon (maybe? please? one of the better seasons imo) Also, first time posting here!

Welcome! I saw and retweeted that last night. I really hope it means something. Like kuroneko0509 said, more people need to experience it.
What is appmon and where can I watch it?
I'm just going to steal the blurb from the OP:
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (often referred to as Appmon for short) is the 8th and most recent Digimon television series, and represented an effort to retool the franchise for a new generation of fans. The series features a heavier focus on AI, and the monsters in the series are all based around smartphone apps in some way.

The series features Haru, a bookish boy who doesn't believe he has what it takes to be a protagonist type character, who teams up with an aspiring idol named Eri, the energetic Apptuber Astra, and the brooding hacker Rei who join with their Buddy Appmon and fight against the sinister AI Leviathan, which will surpass humanity by the year 2045.
Unfortunately, there is no official way to watch it in English at the moment, which is a barrier. However, it is available to watch online on TV Tokyo's website in Japanese and people have made unofficial English subs for it.

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
What is appmon and where can I watch it?
Latest series and spinoff of mainline Digimon where the digital monsters are based on phone apps. The underlying message is about the threat of more intelligent AI and the eventual technological singularity. The show itself is pretty light hearted in general and you see both the human and their partner develop throughout the show and it is pretty monster of the week but when it gets real, it definitely gets real. It's not available yet legally but several markets are getting dubs so that's something to watch out for.

Someone could spot me on this one if they can offer a better summary, I'm kinda bad at that. Heh.

EDIT: The post above works too!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if Appmon got an official release. Hopefully we'll also get a subbed release and streaming if that happens. It's a shame there's no legal way to watch the show right now. More people need to experience it.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if Appmon got an official release. Hopefully we'll also get a subbed release and streaming if that happens. It's a shame there's no legal way to watch the show right now. More people need to experience it.

The good thing is the show is starting to role out into International territories, with it having started in Hong Kong and France (with the exception of network specific cuts, it's the first time France has gotten a Digimon show dubbed uncut). I do hope that Toei does eventually make it available for streaming or something. Seems like a largely missed opportunity, honestly, given the state of Digimon in the English speaking territories.

Also, hi DigiEra! New here, though had been a decade old lurker of the old forums. Hope you guys don't mind me joining in. o/

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also, hi DigiEra! New here, though had been a decade old lurker of the old forums. Hope you guys don't mind me joining in. o/
A new DigiEra member, eh? How do I feel about this?
3tjZiYe.gif

I'm totally feeling it!

Paintman

Oct 25, 2017
I could totally go for another season of Appmon but right now, I hope it does well in the international markets.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If it gets an English dub, I hope it doesn't end up like Fusion.

As for another season, Appmon has enough unused monsters and underused characters that I bet they could do good stuff with it. The only thing is, I'm convinced sequel seasons in Digimon are cursed.

Oct 25, 2017
If it gets an English dub, I hope it doesn't end up like Fusion.

As for another season, Appmon has enough unused monsters and underused characters that I bet they could do good stuff with it. The only thing is, I'm convinced sequel seasons in Digimon are cursed.
Agreed. Even if they wanted to do more with Appmon, the most I would want it to be is a brand new series in that world, maybe with some small cameos (like you see Eri on TV at some points, or there are some kids watching Astra's videos).

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Thought I'd be well into Digimon Adventure 1 by now, but I've been having to push myself through the first 10 episodes. Eesh. Black gears and Demimon appeared so I think there's a cohesive plot developing (finally) but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a slog so far.

And Joe is truly the wettest blanket of all time.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thought I'd be well into Digimon Adventure 1 by now, but I've been having to push myself through the first 10 episodes. Eesh. Black gears and Demimon appeared so I think there's a cohesive plot developing (finally) but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a slog so far.

And Joe is truly the wettest blanket of all time.

The beggining is an introduction to the whole series, it gets very real once you realize that the series is darker as each episode goes on, and the fight with demimon is a favorite of mine.

But the series gets real good once it reach mid season, and became superb on the final arc

Oct 25, 2017
The beggining is an introduction to the whole series, it gets very real once you realize that the series is darker as each episode goes on, and the fight with demimon is a favorite of mine.

But the series gets real good once it reach mid season, and became superb on the final arc
I'd personally take the Vamdemon arc as the high point of Adventure, although the final arc is pretty good, too.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, seeing the characters dispersed now and Tai/Matt's headbutting is at least beginning to show some drama and I remember bits and pieces of the later arcs from childhood watching, just forgot how the beginning of the show is. Looking forward to the descent into darkness, haha.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
It takes a while to get going but once Adventure hits the Myotismon/Vamdemon arc it's all worth it

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying the digivolving spirits Angewomon, Lilymon and Zudomon if it's the last thing I do I already have the ultimate versions of the other 5 so I won't be as sad for missing out on em.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed how they did Angewomon's Digivolving figure. Ignoring some bits (and probably the back) it looks like it could just be an Angewomon figure. Jury is still out on the Gatomon form but the Rookie forms so far have been, at the very least, serviceable.
GjmqZwjm.jpg

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish we got figures of all the mega forms besides Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon to coincide with Tri though.

I also want a Togemon action figure lol.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would have rather have the Mega forms, because I need a HerculesKabuterimon figure. Hououmon, Vikemon (and Magnadramon *cough*) would be cool too.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
The Digimon Adventure Tri Part 2 dub Blu-Ray/DVD is out tomorrow for those of us in the UK. Amazon has my order out for delivery today so hopefully I can give it a watch today at somepoint

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I like the poster covers NA is getting, but I'm a little jealous of the UK getting the "slice-of-life" cover.
LYRhrcC.jpg

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
The Digimon Adventure Tri Part 2 dub Blu-Ray/DVD is out tomorrow for those of us in the UK. Amazon has my order out for delivery today so hopefully I can give it a watch today at somepoint

Mines got dispatched today, should be here tomorrow but I'm doubtful. You never know though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer the NA poster covers. I just hope they alter movie 3's cover from the stock image, since everything got shrunk and cramped in.

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
I just migrated over so I wanted to post that I'm happy to see all of this great discussion about Digimon again. Between here and WtW and the occasional Reddit visit I feel like I get a lot of quality Digimon info. Anyways, I finally threw my Electronics collection together a few days ago after unpacking my stuff from Japan. The Japanese D-Terminal was my favorite pick up in Japan (i had been looking for one FOREVER) but I honestly wish I was able to find a gray one. It looks better lol.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I just migrated over so I wanted to post that I'm happy to see all of this great discussion about Digimon again. Between here and WtW and the occasional Reddit visit I feel like I get a lot of quality Digimon info. Anyways, I finally threw my Electronics collection together a few days ago after unpacking my stuff from Japan. The Japanese D-Terminal was my favorite pick up in Japan (i had been looking for one FOREVER) but I honestly wish I was able to find a gray one. It looks better lol.

Is the yellow box at the top the original english release? Looks just like their original Tamagotchi box!

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
Is the yellow box at the top the original english release? Looks just like their original Tamagotchi box!

Yes! You're totally right! It's also a little crazy because my original V-Pets that I bought as a kid didn't have the boxes anymore, so I always loved the idea of finding one of the originals in the box. Anyways, I was visiting a Disc Replay store up in Michigan while I was visiting with some friends for a school sports competition. I worked for a Disc Replay back home so I knew they always got in some cool stuff and sold it pretty cheap. As I was waiting to check out, a guy was trying to sell some stuff to the store and I saw an original Digimon on the top of his pile. They told him the store couldn't buy it so I went out front and gave him $5 for it (honestly, I might have gotten two of them and sold one of them on eBay when I was trying to raise money for Japan -- I can't remember). He worked for the local Fox station and said they found a bunch of old contest prizes in a closet. A few Genesis games were in there too lol.

Anywaysssss, it really was a fateful encounter because the timing was so specific and it hit like a brick. I was so EXCITED and ALIVE when I made that deal, lol.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey DigiDestined !
That reminds me that I haven't watched Tri since the 2nd part came out...