• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
From what I've played so far on my Pro - there is some small dips in frame rate and hitching mostly in the cutscenes, a few things like hair have some ugly aliasing, but other than that the game looks amazing. I assume on PC (or a future PS5 release/patch) it will hopefully iron those things out and be really outstanding. The beginning of the game does really transition well and makes you feel like you're playing a CG movie.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Game is witchcraft, and the consistency of vision from start to finish is staggering. Kojima just went around the world, rounded up the best game developers in the industry, and set them to work inside his literal brain. We are lucky to have him.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've played so far on my Pro - there is some small dips in frame rate and hitching mostly in the cutscenes, a few things like hair have some ugly aliasing, but other than that the game looks amazing. I assume on PC (or a future PS5 release/patch) it will hopefully iron those things out and be really outstanding. The beginning of the game does really transition well and makes you feel like you're playing a CG movie.
Note that you can set the PS4 to 1080p mode if you prefer, which eliminates any frame drops from the game. I might do that as I have 1080p TV, and there's still supersampling in that mode, I believe.

OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Note that you can set the PS4 to 1080p mode if you prefer, which eliminates any frame drops from the game. I might do that as I have 1080p TV, and there's still supersampling in that mode, I believe.

At 1080p, you won't get a super sampled image*, you'll get a native 1080p image and you'll basically eliminate any frame rate dips the game has.

*if you have that super sampling option disabled in the system settings.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
At 1080p, you won't get a super sampled image*, you'll get a native 1080p image and you'll basically eliminate any frame rate dips the game has.

*if you have that super sampling option disabled in the system settings.
I was going by what they said in that article that HZD was supersampling down from 1365 in the performance mode, but admittedly that may be different here, since they didn't confirm it.

Nov 21, 2017
With the popularity of open world games and considering how quickly this game was developed on Decima. I'm curious if Sony will ever think about licensing this engine out to more developers. The Decima engine is just amazing.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
What is it with Digital Foundry videos. I get a really weird "restricted video" message when I try and view it. Same happened with their last DS video. Eventually it becomes playable but I'm guessing some of you are watching it fine?

Next gen is going to be ludicrous. Damn I want this game but I really cannot justify the cost right now. Hopefully someone trades it in with Cex in short order cos I have credit there waiting to be used, lol.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Thought the game didn't look that clean, forgot that I had downsampling disabled and the game doesn't do it natively.

What's up with the skin shader? Looks like clay.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
HDR is definitely the biggest improvement.

4k is nice but where near as big a difference as hdr. Especially on an oled
You must be sitting far from your TV because native 4k is an absolute night and day difference over 1080p! Even CB4k is a huge difference.

But HDR is incredible too for a whole host of different reasons, and luckily we don't have to choose between the two. But I'd definitely go for the 4k if it was a choice, personally, as I think 1080p looks shit these days now I'm used to native 4k and I'm an image quality obsessive.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
You must be sitting far from your TV because native 4k is an absolute night and day difference over 1080p! Even CB4k is a huge difference.

But HDR is incredible too for a whole host of different reasons, and luckily we don't have to choose between the two. But I'd definitely go for the 4k if it was a choice, personally, as I think 1080p looks shit these days now I'm used to native 4k and I'm an image quality obsessive.
I sit about 4ft away from a 55" oled.

4k da good but for me hdr makes a far bigger difference to the image.

But as you said we don't have to choose.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Just watched the video and I´m surprised they didn`t mention the pretty noticable stuttering while driving fast on the highway. It gets even worse when rain effects kick in, to the point of split second freezes.