• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
Well the 2019 HD Remaster, if I'm not mistaken, sales were bad. It was way below Capcom's expectations. So I really doubt it will come back anytime soon.
It still baffles me that Onimusha got a remaster but not DC. I have no idea how Oni sold versus DC (and sure, it being a PS2 game helps in terms of doing a quick texture update) but I've always found DC to be more appealing. It has guns! And dinosaurs!

Onimusha has *checks notes* Jean Reno... in its later games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
While the model does look good, it kinda has the thing i had with the RE2 remake in that they look like real actors instead of something like FF7Remake where it's still more anime-inspired designs like the original.game.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
It still baffles me that Onimusha got a remaster but not DC. I have no idea how Oni sold versus DC (and sure, it being a PS2 game helps in terms of doing a quick texture update) but I've always found DC to be more appealing. It has guns! And dinosaurs!

Onimusha has *checks notes* Jean Reno... in its later games.

Per the Platinum Hits site:
Dino Crisis sold 2.4 Million
Onimusha 1 & 2 sold 2.1 Million each
Onimusha 3 sold 1.5 Million
Dino Crisis 2 sold 1.2 Million

Capcom doesn't seem to have any interest in revisiting the Playstation era 3d games--did zilch with RE2 or 3, when they ported Code Veronica to 360 and PS3. It might be it's more work to update the 32 bit games (and CVX on 360/PS3 sold poorly, too, IIRC).

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
mike-wilson-keyshot3vrjen.jpg
Is her face based on anyone in particular? Looks pretty good.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping the most recent thread to share these fan concept arts someone juste made:

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
That concept art is like a year old or older, but definitely eye catching with the rain and flares. Effects like it would be great in a remake.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This looks the part, but I look forward to the day an actual remake is announced and ten people make a thread at once, half of them with Jawmuncher's name in the thread title

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Capcom should revive this series. The original Dino Crisis would benefit from getting the Resident Evil 2 treatment, but I would also like a total mayhem "Dinosaurs in the city" Dino Crisis 4 that's full horror. This concept art is amazing:

livejupiter_148101341p6so5.jpg

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it, the ONLY positive to come out of someone acquiring Capcom would be that a new Dino Crisis would come out.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I think about it, the ONLY positive to come out of someone acquiring Capcom would be that a new Dino Crisis would come out.

The buyer would have Resident Evil though, and little reason for an additional game like DC. Maybe DC could come back in a Dead Rising 3 or SFV type deal where a platform holder pays for its development to further bolster their own line up. Still a stretch.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
The buyer would have Resident Evil though, and little reason for an additional game like DC. Maybe DC could come back in a Dead Rising 3 or SFV type deal where a platform holder pays for its development to further bolster their own line up. Still a stretch.
Also depends on the buyer. Microsoft, for example, would want the most use out of IPs possible to constantly bolster GamePass. So a more reasonable chance of a revival.