• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.usatoday.com

Student-staff lap dance incident at Kentucky high school followed other provocative events, videos show

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear responded to the recent photos during his Thursday press briefing, calling what happened "totally unacceptable."

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The superintendent of an Eastern Kentucky school district said "appropriate disciplinary action has been taken" after photos surfaced showing students giving lap dances to staff Tuesday as part of a high school's homecoming week.

Sondra Combs, superintendent of Hazard Independent Schools, did not specify who had been punished.

"As it is a personnel matter, we are not allowed to disclose any further information regarding the specifics of the discipline," her statement said.

Combs said students were behind the homecoming festivities that included a "man pageant" and led to photos of students giving lap dances in their undergarments being shared on social media.

The photos were initially posted to the "Hazard High School Athletics" Facebook page, but that post was later deleted. Among them was a photo showing a student dancing in front of the high school's principal, Donald "Happy" Mobelini, who is also mayor of the Perry County city. Screenshots have continued to circulate on social media.

Other photos on the athletics page that also were taken down showed female students dressed in "Hooters" outfits and students and staff appearing to paddle one another.

Earlier Wednesday, Combs told The Courier Journal the district "has a tradition of excellence and academics and everything we do, but the incident is being investigated and once the investigation is complete, appropriate action will be taken."

"Using this as a teachable moment, we will provide social media training for our students and staff," Combs wrote in her later statement.

Combs said a "student activity committee" would be formed "to review all student led activities" and that all staff would undergo further training "on policies and procedures."

Original Article:

www.usatoday.com

Kentucky high school staff members got lap dances from students, photos appear to show

Hazard Independent Schools Superintendent said the high school's homecoming festivities, including lap dances, led to "appropriate disciplinary action."

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The superintendent of an Eastern Kentucky school district said "appropriate disciplinary action has been taken" after photos surfaced showing students giving lap dances to staff as part of Hazard High School's homecoming week festivities.

During Hazard High School's homecoming week festivities, students and staff took part in a "Man Pageant" and "Costume Day" on Tuesday, according to the school's Facebook page.

Photos that were subsequently taken down from the athletics department's Facebook page showed students in underclothing giving lap dances to faculty and staff, including Hazard High School Principal Donald "Happy" Mobelini, who is also mayor of the Perry County city.

"Um. Exactly what is going on here, y'all? C'mon Hazard," Nema Brewer, cofounder of education advocacy group KY 120 United, wrote Tuesday night in a tweet that showed the photos. "Get it together."

Other photos on the athletics page that were later taken down showed female students dressed up in "Hooters" outfits as well as students and staff appearing to paddle one another.

Sondra Combs, superintendents of Hazard Independent Schools, told The Courier Journal the district "has a tradition of excellence and academics and everything we do, but the incident is being investigated and once the investigation is complete, appropriate action will be taken."

She said in a later statement the district had handed down a punishment or punishments but is "not allowed to disclose any further information regarding the specifics of the discipline" because it is a "personnel matter."

Combs said a "student activity committee" would be formed "to review all student led activities" and that all staff would undergo further training "on policies and procedures.
A thread about the Hazard High School events on Reddit is titled "This is the mayor of my town being grinded on by a high school student dressed as a woman," and it has over 450 comments and over 7,600 upvotes on the website.

Mobelini, the principal and mayor, did not immediately return a request for comment Wednesday.

Aster Sizemore, a board member for Hazard Independent Schools, said he was at the high school Tuesday but not at the event in question.

"Normally, the principal, Happy Mobelini, is pretty dad-gum strict, so that surprises me, unless someone pulled something out of a hat," Sizemore told The Courier Journal. "A kid comes to school with a short dress, you know, he makes them go home and change."

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Pep rallies can get pretty fuckin' weird lol

"Normally, the principal (and mayor of the city), Happy Mobelini, is pretty dad-gum strict, so that surprises me, unless someone pulled something out of a hat," ☠️

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I missed the word "staff" when I glanced at the title. NGL, I thought they were going to punish some horny teenage kids for doing stuff with each other and then it was a sudden "what the fuck do you mean student-staff lap dance"?

JFC, who the fuck thought this was a good idea? :|

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
In my school staff couldn't even touch the students... what is happening

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well, I suppose it's that time of year to dust the Drew gif off

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I could live long enough to see the Sun burn itself out and I will still never understand shit like this.

I suspect low self respect plays a big part in all of this......

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It may be a stereotype, but like, I feel like this tracks for Kentucky.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Pep rallies can get pretty fuckin' weird lol

Back when I was on homecoming court, they made us do a hard boiled egg eating contest in front of the entire school. We all sat down and I noticed a trash can next to me. Like what's that for? Oh that is if you throw up. This triggered a latent memory of watching Steve McQueen eat eggs in Cool Hand Luke. Did he puke after that in the movie? I think he did. Shit. I don't want to puke in front of the entire school.

When the timer started, I immediately had a different strategy than anyone else in the contest. Instead of trying to chew and swallow them, I concentrated on trying to fit as many in my mouth as possible. This meant chewing to a fine consistency and packing my cheeks like a chipmunk. At the end of the timer, I was the winner for most eggs eaten and I only actually swallowed 2 at most. The kicker? All the other guys in the contest threw up in their little trash cans in front of the entire school.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Back when I was on homecoming court, they made us do a hard boiled egg eating contest in front of the entire school. We all sat down and I noticed a trash can next to me. Like what's that for? Oh that is if you throw up. This triggered a latent memory of watching Steve McQueen eat eggs in Cool Hand Luke. Did he puke after that in the movie? I think he did. Shit. I don't want to puke in front of the entire school.

When the timer started, I immediately had a different strategy than anyone else in the contest. Instead of trying to chew and swallow them, I concentrated on trying to fit as many in my mouth as possible. This meant chewing to a fine consistency and packing my cheeks like a chipmunk. At the end of the timer, I was the winner for most eggs eaten and I only actually swallowed 2 at most. The kicker? All the other guys in the contest threw up in their little trash cans in front of the entire school.
Hahaha yeah wow! Good idea first of all
I hate eggs, I would've died

Second of all, pep rallies are fucking weird.

We would always have some fucks blowing up condoms and throwing them in with the rest of the balloons.

Hilarious to see staff chasing the giant dildo balloons lol

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
MOD EDIT: yeah, don't need to post the pics
WTF?!

We did some wild/fun/funny stuff in High School, but never "The students are strippers/lap dancers for the staff" level stuff.

I'd assume this isn't a norm in most HS??? My oldest starts 9th grade next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

EpsilonEagle

May 9, 2018
Peachtree City, GA
It's Kentucky. The money that should've been spent educating those kids (and adults) that this is inappropriate was instead directly deposited into Mitch McConnell's bank account.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The mayor of the city didn't think it would be frowned upon to get lapdances from half naked HS students on camera? This seems like one of those "we always did this, but we finally got caught on film" kind of things.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Why y'all saying teenage boys grinding on men tracks for KENTUCKY? Do y'all know where Kentucky is? 😂

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Actually, that was Paul Newman.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Who in the world thought such a thing would be remotely OK. So bizarre.

Also, when the Superintendent can't tell the difference between "in" and "and" then no, you do not have a tradition of excellence.

Earlier Wednesday, Combs told The Courier Journal the district "has a tradition of excellence and academics and everything we do, but the incident is being investigated and once the investigation is complete, appropriate action will be taken."

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The most fucked up part is the implication that they not only approved this, but also rehearsed the event. Like, what the actual fuck.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The mayor of the city didn't think it would be frowned upon to get lapdances from half naked HS students on camera? This seems like one of those "we always did this, but we finally got caught on film" kind of things.
"Caught"? The school posted the pictures! Pretty clear that everyone involved thought this was hilarious.