Oct 28, 2017
There had to be more than one person that thought that this was a good idea before they put it into practice. Unreal.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
These appear to be all boys dressed as girls right? It seems to be meant as a joke more than anything.

(Not saying it shouldn't be shut down, especially because they might still be minors, but it appears to be heckling, not sexual innuendo. The part where they get social media training seems like a good punishment)

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Screenshot-20211028-110617-Edge.jpg

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
These appear to be all boys dressed as girls right? It seems to be meant as a joke more than anything.

(Not saying it shouldn't be shut down, but it appears to be heckling, not sexual innuendo. The part where they get social media training seems like a good punishment)
its a powderpuff thing... though all my powderpuff high school activities were like the football team coming out in dresses and running a few quick plays on the field or something.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Sondra Combs, superintendent of Hazard Independent Schools, did not specify who had been punished.

"As it is a personnel matter, we are not allowed to disclose any further information regarding the specifics of the discipline," her statement said.

Combs said students were behind the homecoming festivities that included a "man pageant" and led to photos of students giving lap dances in their undergarments being shared on social media.

Sounds to me like only the students are the ones being punished.

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
I lived there for a while for work. It's not super surprising. Just people that think broad Larry the Cable Guy/Benny Hill type stuff is funny and also don't think things or their consequences through too deeply. I guess the pageant was voted on so the boys and girls were trying to do the most outrageous thing they could to win it, that's what I gathered from news reports.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
How sick do you have to be to not stand up and shut this down with prejudice the INSTANT it starts?

Jul 18, 2018
What.
The.
Fuck.
Fk the powderpuff excuse, there is straight up physical contact between the minors and teachers.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Well, that's worse than I imagined coming into this thread.

As a parent, it would take their entire police force from stopping these hands from finding the staffs faces

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Coaches seem to think rules are different for them. They get away with a lot of shit.

When I was in high school, I had a computer class and the teacher was the coach of the girl's softball team. During practice, they would go into a closet in the class room and change into their uniforms. I always heard he had a camera in there, recording them. I don't know if that was true or not. He missed a whole week of school once. He pulled his groin muscle installing a heater into his swimming pool so he could have a pool party at his house for the team in March.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Was this career day?

Back in my day, kids would have wretched at the thought of getting all up on teachers like that.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Among them was a photo showing a student dancing in front of the high school's principal, Donald "Happy" Mobelini, who is also mayor of the Perry County city

Y'all are overlooking this bit- I remember reading this when the picture was posted on Reddit earlier this week.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I'm normally not that surprised by a lot of the stuff that gets posted here that many of you are shocked by, but this really takes the cake. Like WTF for real?

Who thought this was a good idea? Why wasn't it stopped? I just can't imagine.

I'm almost suspicious that the whole thing isn't some wild social experiment to see the Internet reaction or or intentionally done knowing the shitstorm that would erupt.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
The same people on social media claiming this is no big deal, are the same people that will loudly exclaim that teachers are trying to teach kids about sex and hand out condoms when they are in 3rd grade.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The mayor of the city didn't think it would be frowned upon to get lapdances from half naked HS students on camera? This seems like one of those "we always did this, but we finally got caught on film" kind of things.
No doubt, there always these weird traditions out there.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Parents view seem split

As WLEX reported, some in the community were concerned with what they saw, while others didn't see a problem.

"The way that I think about it, is I think that, yes, the kids should just be kids, and they should be allowed to have fun," said Jenna Smith, who has a family member at the high school. "But is giving a lap dance or witnessing somebody else give an adult a lap dance? Is that a child-appropriate activity? And to me, it is not."

She says the event should have been shut down the moment an adult realized students were undressing.
However, not all parents agree.

Hollie Layne, whose son participated in the homecoming activities, said that no one was hurt, and the pictures were taken out of context.

"If everybody is perfect then I would say yeah, maybe we do need to rethink something," Layne told WLEX. "But until somebody can prove that something is going on here other than just homecoming week and teenagers being teenagers then I will support my kids."
Combs, the superintendent, said that the pictures show a fun activity that just got out of hand.

Combs said that disciplinary action has been taken, but the statement did not provide any additional details. She also said that students and staff would receive social media training: "We would hate to see a single youthful indiscretion haunt one of our children for their entire life."

The statement also said that future costumes would be reviewed, and the school's dress code "will be enforced in the future at all school activities, for both males and females."

Combs said that in this case, the desire for fun won out over good judgment.
lawandcrime.com

Photos Show Principal Laughing, Staffers Cheering as Scantily-Clad Students Give Lap Dances During 'Man Pageant'

A Kentucky high school is in the spotlight after photos of students wearing skimpy clothing and appearing to dance suggestively for the principal and staffers went viral. The pictures were taken during Homecoming festivities at Hazard High School, according to a statement from superintendent...

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This is pretty fucked. Trying to figure out if it's as fucked as the pep rally where teachers blindfolded the kids and made them make out with their parents.

CATM

Banned
Apr 20, 2021
Between this and that rapper guy grabbing his mom's ass and trying to make out with her…god, people are weird.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the paperwork hoops and risk assessment processes I have to go through just to arrange a geography field activity for my year 7s on school grounds… yet something like this can get organised without popping any red flags? Unbelievable.