• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
There are two Pixar movies scheduled for next year (Onward is Pixar) and an untitled Disney Animation film. I fully expect the untitled Pixar and Disney films to be revealed at D23 in August. We might even get lucky and learn about the 2021 films.

Maybe Deadpool will get a miniseries on Disney+ or Hulu? :(

For the purposes of this schedule, I believe Deadpool would count as a Disney Live Action film since it would start production under Disney and not Fox. So there are a whole bunch of "Untitled Disney Live Action" movies that could end up being Deadpool.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i dont understand the Star Wars schedule.

Rian or D&D need to wait til 2026 to make a movie?

Im patiently waiting to laugh when Disney announces the first live action Pixar remake

I assume they're only doing one film trilogy now. And D&D's project is either on hold or been downgraded to Disney+. Better for Disney that it's cancelled outright.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kathleen Kennedy literally said a few weeks back that they were gonna have a meeting soon with D&D and RJ to talk about the next ten years of Star Wars.

Which is what the article is talking about.

So we're talking about the same thing. It's just that you're an optimist and I'm a pessimist. The new list confirms there will be only 1 trilogy made in the next 10 or so years. There's really no reason to go with RJ as the frontrunner; however small you think the backlash to TLJ was, there's no reason to go with him if you can go with someone who didn't divide the community. Maybe he'll be in the back seat of the D&D trilogy, but he will not be its face. It's a business decission. That's my take on it anyway.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the next Star Wars trilogy is 2022 / 2024 / 2026? I had actually expected the hiatus to be more than three years, like maybe four or five, but even taking a few years off is good.

What the heck are all those live action Disney movies, though? There are so many!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
i dont understand the Star Wars schedule.

Rian or D&D need to wait til 2026 to make a movie?

Im patiently waiting to laugh when Disney announces the first live action Pixar remake
I would assume that one of the trilogies is just not scheduled yet, and that the series will shift towards a yearly entry sometime after 2022. I doubt they are going to stick to a bi-yearly Star Wars, unless the D&D trilogy is going to be a Disney+ show instead, like Kenobi

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Well i've seen so many MCU fans recently mocking SW movies and saying there are too many SW movies while we have 3 Marvel movies every year!

Because Star Wars isn't the MCU and can't work the same way. Solo was proof of this.

But no, there really aren't "MCU fans mocking SW movies." Saying they shouldn't release a movie every year isn't "mocking" it. I saw two people troll Star Wars with stupid comments in this thread but it isn't because they are MCU fans -- if they are.

Feb 3, 2018
Can't wait to see the Cruella film so they can try to humanise a woman who literally wants to skin dogs alive.

They already had a live action Cruella Glen Close was terrifying as her.

cruella-de-vil-glenn-close-as-cruella-de-vil-37111555-500-500.gif

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the fans of these series
Don't feel bad. As a Star Wars fan, I'm honestly glad I don't have to wait another decade for more of the films that I like.

Honestly, I was even fine with annual releases, but switching to every other year is a perfectly fine compromise between annual films and the old three year wait and then over a decade off that we used to hae.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017

The article I linked is more recent. It's also not uncommon for a writer to work on a project (be it a show bible or a GDD) that will never see the light of day. Writers are cheap and it is better to have a ton of written material and not use it than want to use it and not have it. I should know.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
So we've got quite the wait for more Star Wars huh? Also holy shit 2020 is going to be packed with Disney live action movies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
One of those live action Disney films better be a damn Rocketeer sequel. You literally couldn't ask for better timing.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So we're talking about the same thing. It's just that you're an optimist and I'm a pessimist. The new list confirms there will be only 1 trilogy made in the next 10 or so years. There's really no reason to go with RJ as the frontrunner; however small you think the backlash to TLJ was, there's no reason to go with him if you can go with someone who didn't divide the community. Maybe he'll be in the back seat of the D&D trilogy, but he will not be its face. It's a business decission. That's my take on it anyway.
I'm going off what we know and the fact that Disney just confirmed those movies are going to happen and you're going off the fact that you hope those movies don't happen.

You've creates a whole scenario where D&D and RJ are working on the same trilogy now based on nothing but your own pessimism. Your own wants don't trump facts.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I dislike that the live action Disney remakes never set up a sequel or a franchise. They never expand upon their initial novelty of simply existing. You can fall in love with the characters all over again and their actors but never feel satisfied watching them since we won't get to see them elaborated upon or explored further than the source material.

Dragonborn

Oct 30, 2017
I legitimately think Black widow might be the first marvel movie that really bombs. There is zero purpose for it

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't worry, after the nuclear shitstorm about to ensue in two weeks, D&D won't be the public face of anything ever again.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I legitimately think Black widow might be the first marvel movie that really bombs. There is zero purpose for it

it wont break any records, but i doubt they overspend on it, and its not she has any real powers that require a lot of CG. I'm sure disney will be happy with a Lucy like return, 500MM?

But yeh, after red sparrow tanked, i dont know if the stories will just be too similar, even with the MCU shine over it.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even get through Avatar 1 and they want me to sit through 5 of them. A break is nothing but good for Star Wars maybe they can get their shit together.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Because Star Wars isn't the MCU and can't work the same way. Solo was proof of this.

But no, there really aren't "MCU fans mocking SW movies." Saying they shouldn't release a movie every year isn't "mocking" it. I saw two people troll Star Wars with stupid comments in this thread but it isn't because they are MCU fans -- if they are.
Solo's failure can have so many reasons than "Star Wars Fatigue", first of all the move had bad reviews, second the plot wasn't interesting, no one cared about Solo's backstory. That doesn't mean SW can't be like MCU! SW can have movies like Kenobi or Old Republic every year and yet make more money than most of the MCU movies.
Saying they shouldn't release SW movies every year is not mocking but saying they shouldn't because "No one cares about SW" or "SW is dead" or "give SW a ten years break the movies are awful" is mocking.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Black Widow will do absolutely nuts at the box office. I didn't believe the project before Endgame, now I do. Also, given what we know about Far From Home and Vol. 3, I expect absolutely crazy shit happening with that film. Yes, it got the Vol. 3 date, but also is getting the premier MCU date for 2020. Expect big. Captain Marvel big, that is.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The three years pause is needed to let the kid at the end of TLJ grow enough to become the protagonist of the new Rian Trilogy.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Avatar fucking 5? Is anyone even gonna remember the first one by then? In 2027, kids born right as the first one came out would be just about ready to graduate high school.