ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Solo's failure can have so many reasons than "Star Wars Fatigue", first of all the move had bad reviews, second the plot wasn't interesting, no one cared about Solo's backstory. That doesn't mean SW can't be like MCU! SW can have movies like Kenobi or Old Republic every year and yet make more money than most of the MCU movies.
Saying they shouldn't release SW movies every year is not mocking but saying they shouldn't because "No one cares about SW" or "SW is dead" or "give SW a ten years break the movies are awful" is mocking.

I agree, it wasn't just Star Wars fatigue. But releasing it a few months after the last big one was part of it.

It didn't have bad reviews though. It's fresh on RottenTomatoes.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is what happened when two huge studios merge.

Avatar being bumped back probally pisses off Cameron, no?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Oh I would love both of those. Treasure Planet was so amazing and so was the first Atlantis movie. I guess one of them could be Hercules too? There's no way Disney would have all these live action remakes and not do Hercules.
YASSS to the first two but as much as pains me to say, there have been so many live-action Hercules adaptations that I don't think it would be very successful.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if 2021/02/12 is Captain Marvel 2?
And 2021 April is MCU/Sony Spider-Man 3 project

Next year, I guess probably we'll start to see the MCU Disney+ series.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna keep driving Star Wars into the ground. No one asked for a billion more avatar movies. And more terrible Disney live action movies. Rejoice!

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping to see some sequels to these live action films with new storylines. I happen to be a fan of these films, though.

I'm guessing it will be more of the classic films like The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Snow White, etc.

Hercules would be an interesting film to try in Live Action.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I am so sick of Disney. This corporate mega-juggernaut shit just feels so assembly-line at this point.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I totally forgot a Bob Burgers movie was happening...and so soon, too.

I associate "Disney Live Action" with "Live Action Remake", but that's not necessarily the case, so I'll try not to be so down on so many of those showing up in the schedule.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
DIsney Live Action - Can be any kind of Live Action movie from Fox or Disney. So maybe more 'The Rookie' and 'Die Hard' and less 'Lilo and Stich - Live Action'

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I'm glad the Bob's Burgers movie was not quietly canceled in the transition. Its the only thing I'm interested in sight unseen. The show is so low key that I don't know how they will be able to make an actual movie but I'll see it regardless.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Re: RJ and D&D talk

I think it might be worth remembering that Rian's movies were always described as a trilogy, whereas D&D's were announced as a series of Star Wars films. Maybe I'm making too much of the wording but that more suggests to me that whatever they're planning out is for a longer run than just three movies -- and in that case, might be more suitable for shifting to a Disney+ show than Rian's story might.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna keep driving Star Wars into the ground. No one asked for a billion more avatar movies. And more terrible Disney live action movies. Rejoice!
I don't get why people are so weird about Avatar. I mean it's one of the pre-eminent directors of the era working on exactly what he wants to, with an infinite budget, whilst also pushing film technology forward. That seems like something we would want to see from someone like Cameron.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Ryan got a trilogy and D&D also got a trilogy ? Are they gonna work together like, one movie each year or what.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Shit there's barely 5 movies per year that are worth dealing with a movie theater to sit through. I'd rather just watch most anything at home these days.
Yeah, that too.

Like, you don't have to experience all movies in theaters and if you do then go to one that likes to play smaller indie movies and not just the big tenpole movies.

You could not watch any upcoming Disney film and still watch thousands of great movies. Not everything is awesome Disney blockbusters, Blumhouse and shitty comedies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that too.

Like, you don't have to experience all movies in theaters and if you do then go to one that likes to play smaller indie movies and not just the big tenpole movies.

You could not watch any upcoming Disney film and still watch thousands of great movies. Not everything is awesome Disney blockbusters, Blumhouse and shitty comedies.

I mean, what-I'm supposed to go pay to see Green Book in a theater just because it's out?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't take that post seriously when you have an MCU avatar.

Um, MF Doom is a rapper/producer.

220px-Madvillainy_cover.png
Mmfood.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
And none of the streaming services are set up in any way to facilitate finding them. If I have to spend an hour shuffling through movie logos just to find something I want to watch I've already lost interest.
I'm sorry but I can't take this argument seriously. And I'm not sure how this works with your previous post.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all are so fucking annoying asking for a Star Wars break but hypocritically eating everything the MCU churns out or whatever your favorite franchises may be.

I'd take an unlimited number of Star Wars or MCU content any given day. Stop expecting people to want less of something they enjoy.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Three years is not enough for a break. Star Wars fatigue!"

"Woo 3 and 4 Marvel movies a year!"

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Ford v Ferrari: Dawn of Justice is what I'm most looking forward to on that list tbh

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
When it's the bulk of what comes out in theatres nowadays, it's less "forced" and more "de facto". There really isn't much else of note in Hollywood unless you want to watch trashy Blumhouse horror or dumb comedies.

Find your local small-run theater and start watching things with a budget under 20 million dollars. Sony Pictures Classics, A24, Fox Searchlight (or whatever it is now), etc.

Feb 3, 2018
Comparing it to Maleficent, which humanized her and made it so she was trying to protect everyone all along. I don't see how you can do that with someone who wanted to skin dogs to make a coat, unless it's a straight-up villain movie

Humanzing a monster is not hard the German movie Downfall which was about Hitlers final days in the bunker proved that, it showed him delusional, ranting suffering from parkinson, addicted to morphin.

Humanzing does not mean portray them in a good light but to show their humanity which means in Hitler and even Cruellas case as frail human beings not as some outlandish monster Hitler was just a patethic man who's anger and own insecurities ended up destroying a nation and the sick part of it is all those people who followed him even to the point of mass murder.

Hitler is basiclly an incel who was handed control over a nation

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Sky is probably pissed Disney is sending their film to die like that. Five days after Star Wars?

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't release Mm.. Food's cover was in black and white and had "The Fallen" written under it in purple with what seems to be a big ass A that looks like the Avengers logo but obviously isn't.

So because I participated in ERA's snap activity, that makes me a Marvel fan?

I enjoy the movies, but I'm definitely not a "Marvel" fan.

Just like how I greatly enjoyed the original Star Wars, but I don't really care much for the series at large.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
At least they seem to have given up pushing Star wars spinoffs in-between the mainline movies.

Also, I wish we could hear what Walt Disney animations plans are after Frozen 2. We know what Pixar is doing next, but nothing from them.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So because I participated in ERA's snap activity makes me a Marvel fan?

I enjoy the movies, but I'm definitely not a "Marvel" fan.

Just like how I greatly enjoyed the original Star Wars, but I don't really care much for the series at large.
I hope to see you in the official Spider-Man thread telling everyone there you feel sorry for them that they got that movie a few months after Endgame and how they should wait 3 years until the next movie.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope to see you in the official Spider-Man thread telling everyone there you feel sorry for them that they got that movie a few months after Endgame and how they should wait 3 years until the next movie.

Well considering it took me like over a year to see Homecoming and I haven't even seen Endgame, I probably won't be in that thread at all!

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION