• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gloomy

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should break the mold. It'd be fun to see interesting new movies.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
My first instinct was that this was another era-mocking thread.

But on second thought...

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think what OP is trying to get across is the main characters are male and the love interest are females.

A role reversal on classic Disney films. Even though Enchanted and Frozen sorta went that route

EDIT: Aladdin exists too

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I mean we already have a cross dressing princess I guess, if that counts.

But I think the op wants the prince to be the main character? With the princess coming in to rescue him?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
QgBrsVt.jpg

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't a movie where the prince is the star just mean that the princess would play second fiddle? I mean their most recent films, Tangled and Frozen, had the princess(es) being front and center to the whole film and not really being damsels in distress where the male character ('prince') rescued them.

edit: wait did I misread what the topic was about?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this would be about making the guy the "princess" that needs to be saved and the girl the hero, turning that trope on its head. But this....well, I don't know what this is.