KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
PR seems to be pretty quiet this time around (it's a different team from who usually reps PMS). I would've figured review codes would have gone out already but Critical Hit seems to be pretty quiet on that front.

Edit: Looks like review codes are just now going out for NA.

Last edited:

Alkuk

Feb 8, 2018
Have fun 'yall. I've been playing it consistently since it released last July. It's a 5/5 game. Perfect package.
Thanks, good to read ;-)
Can't wait to come home and try the demo.
Is there a way to activate/edit player input sounds like xonic has?
The videos I saw had no sound for player inputs.

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
Thanks, good to read ;-)
Can't wait to come home and try the demo.
Is there a way to activate/edit player input sounds like xonic has?
The videos I saw had no sound for player inputs.

The entire game is keysounded, meaning that every note you hit adds to the song.

Xonic is not keysounded, which is why they let you change the hit FX.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this would be so much easier if the note I had to play was represented by the button I have to press instead of just a bar. My fingers can keep up but my brain can't so I keep pressing the wrong thing as I'm getting what I need to press mixed up.

Alkuk

Feb 8, 2018
The entire game is keysounded, meaning that every note you hit adds to the song.
Xonic is not keysounded, which is why they let you change the hit FX.

Ah, I got it. That's why some songs sounded a little off, when a player is not 100% in time.
Great, that's even more motivating for me :-)
.... can't wait to come home ...

Btw.: Will there ever be a sale for Xonic-DLCs? Because there are no missions or trophies tied to DLC, I am not as motivated to get it full price.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Demo is fantastic. When should this be hitting the UK store to buy?

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, this would be so much easier if the note I had to play was represented by the button I have to press instead of just a bar. My fingers can keep up but my brain can't so I keep pressing the wrong thing as I'm getting what I need to press mixed up.
Try messing around with the different note skins, you might find some of them easier to read visually. Some of the gears also have the button layout over the lanes, but how useful that is depends on what scroll speed you're using/what you use to time your presses.

RazielCr_

Oct 27, 2017
i used to play this on my psp back in the day, so much fun! really looking forward for this one... is this a remastered version of a past game or a new one?

Lambda Teos

Nov 24, 2017
So any word of the DLC for when it will be available?
I currently have the Korean version so I might dip a second time just to play the dlc

Unless of course I can use the US DLC on the Korean game disc version... if so.. does anyone knows how? please?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
So I got my review code last night and, despite the hour and needing to go to bed, I jumped in as soon as I was able to start playing.

I noticed an inconsistent frame rate straight away as the note prompts streamed down. For seconds at a time they would be at a flat 60 fps, and other times they would kind of jutter down like they were being pulled through jell-o. It was like this during all five songs I tried.

It should be noted, however, that I was still downloading the rest of the game in background. You can play after about 12GB are downloaded, and it's about a 21GB game. I'm wondering if the downloading in the background was affecting performance? Can anyone else boot this up to confirm?

I'm also playing on a PS4 Pro with boost mode enabled. I'm hoping that it was the background downloading that was messing things up. I know that DOOM's performance on Switch, for example, was dramatically affected while I was downloading another game in the background. I figured the PS4 would have enough head-room to off-set that, but I dunno.

Lambda Teos

Nov 24, 2017
I noticed an inconsistent frame rate straight away as the note prompts streamed down. For seconds at a time they would be at a flat 60 fps, and other times they would kind of jutter down like they were being pulled through jell-o. It was like this during all five songs I tried.

this happened to me twice:
once when I was downloading the game
the second time due to my tv settings (had to change the tv mode several times and then adjusted the lag in notes)

Eventually it worked out (I know you must know about this since your title but just thought about giving a small advice)

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played it in a while. Best DJMax by far for me. I was able to rank in the top 50 globally in a few songs. Probably in the 1000s by now lol.

Need to get on that DLC train asap.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
this happened to me twice:
once when I was downloading the game
the second time due to my tv settings (had to change the tv mode several times and then adjusted the lag in notes)

Eventually it worked out (I know you must know about this since your title but just thought about giving a small advice)

My TV doesn't have a straight up "game mode," but it's on the equivalent as far as I'm aware. I've never had an issue with frame rate or input latency. I also did the calibration in the game settings, and was still experiencing the issue. For now, I'm hoping and betting it was because I was still downloading the rest of the game.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man! I haven't played a DJ Max game since Clazziquai edition on the PSP. Think I'm gonna have to pick this one up later today. Thanks for spreading the awareness!

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit the presentation is next level.
Even the game over menu music is awesome (5 button is trippy :/...)

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
So has the US PSN store been fully updated? I don't see the game or demo up yet. Really hoping it doesn't get delayed since I need it to hit they $100 mark for the bonus.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
It's up now $66.99 in Canada. Can't wait to play this finally it's been a long wait.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Holy cow I had never thought of using my fightstick for this before. Even if the game doesn't have button remapping, the systemwide remapping on PS4 might work too. And I was even thinking of building a hitbox recently.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Holy crap..
I've played both of the Project Diva games on the PS4 .. but I can't really do much above normal without getting things mixed up.
The videos in the OP looks insane. I hope that is the hardest difficulty :)

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Oh sweet summer child...
I can't fantom how that is even possible.. Especially the last one.
Then again, if you practice and practice it's probably like playing a real instrument and I did play the piano and saxophone when I was young..
Never at this speed though..

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor and purchase DJMAX.. I will report back in 10 years!

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, it's really $0.33/song. Sorry to disappoint.

To be fair, more casual people would be happy with 1/3 the songs for 1/3 the price. And then buying the rest as DLC if we love it. The fact is I'm very interested but have never played it and without a demo (not yet in the US anyway), it's a leap of faith. But I agree if you love the game, it's a good price for the content.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting a US Demo? Would love to jump in but at $50.00 I need to try it first.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
& it should be mentioned the DLC packs based on previous games will had over 20+ songs, new UI, new gears (the chart thing on the main gameplay screen), new notes, 2 more missions, & 7 trophies.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still experiencing uneven frame rates with the note prompts ... Is this not affecting anyone else?

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
It seems it's up on the Middle Eastern PSN.
flTKRoK.jpg

15 bucks cheaper and there's a demo too.
now I regret spending 72 bucks for the HK version. Just a liiiil bit regret not full on regret.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to think about it at that price. I loved the first two PSP releases, but the series kinda lost me after that (and I'm still working my way through Superbeat Xonic, Deemo, and Voez). Tempting, though.