• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a bundle but I'm not getting my hopes up. If anything, I'm expecting all 3 packs to be another $50. Kind of hoping for $40 considering the HK pricing converts 2 of the packs to $15ish while Trilogy is about $12ish & the game basically costs the same in HK (398 HKD = 50.71).

Meanwhile, according to Reddit, a few things of interest from that stream a while ago:

- They're happy about the reception the game has received in the west, but because of the niche genre, it hasn't gotten the "explosive" sales they were looking for (I hate the say "because no physical & $50 digital only is harder to swallow", but....)
- They're looking to port the game to Switch but because the controller feels different with the layout (which is why I felt like Superbeat Xonic on Switch would feel a bit off), they need more time & work to make the game feel more "natural" on the system, but are currently overwhelmed with other stuff.
- DJMAX Ray DLC hasn't actually been fully confirmed as songs exclusive to that game don't have BGAs, so a lot more work is required to bring it to Respect, i.e making videos for like 20 songs that don't have them.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People seem a bit down on the Trilogy DLC because it has a relatively high number of repeat songs through remixes - the original songs are generally really good (I'm a big fan of Ventilator, Mind Control and Catch You) and it has Nevermind, which is probably the most fun of the DLC Respect songs to play.

If you were getting one pack I'd lean on Clazziquai because it has the most content and also has some really great songs - like Clear Blue Sky.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I love some of those Trilogy remixes myself. Really fun note charts as well. Just wish I could S rank Ventilator for the last trophy I need in that pack! And yeah, the new songs included in the pack are overall really strong. All 3 big DLC's have been worth the cash in my eyes so far. Can't wait for the next one.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
You really can't go wrong with any of the DLC, though this is coming from a fanboy of 12 years who has probably spent around £1,000 on the series.

I have my fingers crossed for a DJMAX Online pack one day, though as some of the songs are 14 years old I'm not expecting it. I neeeeeeed Celestial Tears, Dancin' Planet, Urban Night, Yellowberry etc in my life.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Western release people, prepare for a fucking huge patch:

Patch 1.01 has been released for the RESPECT.
Please download the newest patch and play.

※ Patch release period may vary for different countries.
※ Hong-Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand are excluded.

▶ 1.01 Patch History
- Trilogy, Clazziquai edition, Guilty gear, TECHNIKA DLC data.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see how big it was since it was already downloaded when I woke up & turned my PS4 on, but I'm hearing it's like 12GB considering the data size jumped from 26.3 to 38.47. Plus they finally added the trophies for the DLC packs. *sees getting 100,000 combo on Clazziquai songs* OH NO, MORE COMBOING.

Damn, all those locked songs just begging to be unlocked....Least you can preview them & get a quick listen, not to mention they're not being intrusive with being on the Playable tab....well except when you're on the Respect tab...

Also THEY FIXED THE DAMN TROPHY FOR FINDING ALL HIDDEN BGAS, THANK GOD.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Finally got the last points trophy. Mainly wanted to get the biggest grind out of the way ASAP. Next goal is to aim for the 500 Max Combos, along with the 999,999 combo but I'll tackle that with getting Max Combos. I also got 70% 4B mastery to do but I'm quickly closing in on that at nearly 60%. None of them should be too much of a problem, it's just the grind to get them done is tedious.

Also, having those DLC tags is such a tease. It's driving me nuts I can't play any of them till tomorrow.

EDIT: A 1.02 update just popped up for me while playing. It's just some bug fixes.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
LOL WHAT, there's ANOTHER update for the US/EU version, 1.02. Not even 24 hours after 1.01 came out.

88.02MB, "minor bug fixes". What that seems to mean is that it's the 1.13 patch that fixed some Technika patterns & altered some difficulty ratings (I just checked, Fever GJ 6B MX indeed got dropped from 11 to 9).

I'm also hearing that the online play is now cross-region? & if the other player has the DLC songs, you can play them online.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I'm also hearing that the online play is now cross-region? & if the other player has the DLC songs, you can play them online.

That's what I've been reading too. I went online and see people with DLC packs installed so I assume it's open now? Also it's been known for awhile you can play songs online if another player has it. Mostly because it's already installed so why not? First thing I came across was a Lv. 465 with every pack.

That master percentage goes up a lot faster than I expected when focusing on one button mode. About an hour later and it's at 65.5% now. Helps that a majority of 4B is pretty easy patterns also. Guess that won't take as long as I previously thought.

Last edited:

Habino

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game have Portable 3 songs? I'm just waiting on a sale to cop it, the demo was so good and got me back to my PSP days of Portable 2 & 3!

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Does the game have Portable 3 songs? I'm just waiting on a sale to cop it, the demo was so good and got me back to my PSP days of Portable 2 & 3!
Nope, not yet. It contains all of Portable 1 & 2 in the base game along with 40+ new songs. It'll be coming in a future DLC though.

I do reccommed you get it when you can. It's easily one of the best in the genre.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a look out of curiosity, the DLC is up on the UK store and the pricing is pretty weird:

fT4hZzU.jpg

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
The pricing is likely because each pack has different amount of songs.

Ok you win, Neowiz. But it hurts. All four packs costs as much as the base game :(

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Clazziquai has the most songs though...

Trilogy and Technika both have 21, and they all have the same number of new missions (12).

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because they had to make charts for the Technika songs due to not being in a main DJMAX game?

Guess my fear of the DLC costing the same as the base game is coming true.

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
Then the only possible reason i can think of is singers/composers royalties being higher in some casses. Dunno.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My guess for the US prices:

Technika: $19.99
Guilty Gear: $4.99
Classiquai: $9.99??
Trilogy: $14.99???

That'd equal $50 for 69 additional songs. An even 70 if you throw in the free Only On song. Though why would you charge $5 for only 3 songs + 1 new plate, gear, & note, but then slightly double the price (in the UK) for EIGHT TIMES the music, new UI, additional missions, & 7 more trophies? I guess to cover the licensing fee to get said songs?

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure nobody outside of Asia is getting Only On - it's a promo thing made by SCE Korea. I don't even think it's on the Japan store.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
ONLY ON PLAYSTATION STATION (asia's version)

Also wow, Classiquai seems to be much cheaper in UK considering it's the same price as Technika (both 1,980 yen) with Trilogy being $15.

Oh well, guess I'll find out when I wake up.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
The UK pricing is a mistake, it's nothing but trash

No way can Clazz be that cheap. I'd recommend anybody on the UK store that hasn't got the DLC yet to pick it all up at those prices.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I've asked this before and never did get a good answer.

Any "guide" on adjusting the timing? Like if the note appears to be above the line when you hit the button, is that a + or - offset? Same with below?

There are some songs that I can score SUPER well on one TV but can barely pass on my other TV.

Apr 2, 2018
São Paulo, Brazil
Did anyone realize that if you press the touchpad during a song, you can change the brightness level of the MV in the background? I don't know if that function was there since day one, or it was added on the last update. That's pretty neat!

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I've asked this before and never did get a good answer.

Any "guide" on adjusting the timing? Like if the note appears to be above the line when you hit the button, is that a + or - offset? Same with below?

There are some songs that I can score SUPER well on one TV but can barely pass on my other TV.
It should be set so notes are being hit in the middle of the judgement line. Notes shouldn't be getting 100% MAX above or below the line. If they are, you may want to do some calibration testing in the settings. It'll be the very first option in the menu. I know once I did that my accuracy improved a ton.

Also, wow those UK prices are lower than expected. Can only hope the US gets an equivalent price.

Last edited:

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
My guess for the US prices:

Technika: $19.99
Guilty Gear: $4.99
Classiquai: $9.99??
Trilogy: $14.99???

That'd equal $50 for 69 additional songs. An even 70 if you throw in the free Only On song. Though why would you charge $5 for only 3 songs + 1 new plate, gear, & note, but then slightly double the price (in the UK) for EIGHT TIMES the music, new UI, additional missions, & 7 more trophies? I guess to cover the licensing fee to get said songs?

Overall the pricing is pretty fair. It's pretty standard practice for rhythm game DLC. Also Guilty Gear is worth $10, those note charts are so good

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
DLC is up in the US. Pricing is as follows:

Clazziquai: $20
Technika: $20
Trilogy: $15
Guilty Gear: $5

Over $60 if you include tax. Guess I'm only getting a couple for now.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Clazziquai charts on PSP were super easy even at the hardest because it was for new players right? Didn't they adjust the layouts to lign up with Respect better? Today has finally arrived, now only for the US store to hit update according to Chen Standard Time.

Dude Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or can you not add the Clazziquai pack to the cart on the PSN web store? I was able to add the others no problem.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How good is guilty gear? I'm not a fan of the series, never really tried it.
The songs are a lot of fun to play, and given that there are only three of them, they each have a lot of charts.

Youtube it if you're curious, there are bound to be hundreds of gameplay videos to choose from if you want to hear the tracks.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm a little grumbly over the pricing since I was hoping for around $40 for all but I bought them all. Just left for work so I'll get to try them out when I get home.

Trilogy looks to have a fairly boring song list but hopefully the charts are really enjoyable.
Anyone know if the DLC on the UK Store is compatible with the US game?
I would expect not as regional stores all seem to be incompatible for other regions. Figure that would be the same.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
is there enough content at this price? what do you guys think?
Technika and Clazziquai are worth it with great song lists and from the hour I played this morning, some good patterns.

The song list for Trilogy is a bit eh. Some good tracks but a lot of just okay remixes. I didn't buy Guilty Gear since I already put $60 down but plan on buying it later.

Last edited:

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Anyone know if the DLC on the Us Store is compatible with my physical asia game?
DLC is only compatible with the region of the game. This goes for everywhere.
is there enough content at this price? what do you guys think?
I believe so. The songs are all new to me since I didn't play those particular older games. If you played them a lot then they might be less exciting for you. And against the base cost it's not as good of a deal, but if you compare it to many other music/rhythm games it's a great value that you get 69 songs and other stuff (unique missions, trophies, customization gear) for $60.

Nov 2, 2017
DLC is only compatible with the region of the game. This goes for everywhere.

I believe so. The songs are all new to me since I didn't play those particular older games. If you played them a lot then they might be less exciting for you. And against the base cost it's not as good of a deal, but if you compare it to many other music/rhythm games it's a great value that you get 69 songs and other stuff (unique missions, trophies, customization gear) for $60.

I know but maybe be different in physical case, because i play the game since october of last year in my us account without problems, being the game Asian version (again, i have it physical no digital ) :(

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing a fair amount of bitching online (not here) about the pricing and it's really not fair. I think this game is a victim of the great value entry price for 3 games' worth of songs.

"Oh why should I pay $60 for only 60 songs, the base game had over double that for $10 less"

First of all, nobody is forcing you to buy all the DLC, it's not "just" songs you get in these packs, and if these songs were available as DLC on their own, $1 would be a fair price.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not different with the physical version - it's still the Asia/Japanese version of the game, and only works with DLC bought from the corresponding store.

I'm seeing a fair amount of bitching online (not here) about the pricing and it's really not fair. I think this game is a victim of the great value entry price for 3 games' worth of songs.

"Oh why should I pay $60 for only 60 songs, the base game had over double that for $10 less"

First of all, nobody is forcing you to buy all the DLC, it's not "just" songs you get in these packs, and if these songs were available as DLC on their own, $1 would be a fair price.

That's a shame. The DLC has all been great, and you get a lot more bang for your buck than we were all expecting before the first pack came out. None of us were expecting a new UI with each pack, none of us were expecting an extra two sets of missions, none of us were expecting new Respect tracks as a bonus.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
For me it's mostly because I knew I'd buy them all and they were all out at once. If they released them a week apart through the first month it wouldn't feel as expensive and I'd eat it up without complaint.

I'm not really upset, just mild grumbling.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
OUCH, $60 total. But after the 20% off code, it's $48 for all 4 packs, so.....eeeh. Plus I only paid $35 out of pocket after having left over funds & the discount code.

But yeah, the fact all 4 of these packs came out at once is the main issue. At the very least, buying the future DLC won't be as bad.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, the UI change even affects the music for results screen & such? Neat.

Got bored & decided to compare how many songs & patterns you get before & after getting all 4 music packs:

148 songs -> 217 songs

4 Button: 316 patterns -> 496
5B: 315 patterns -> 490
6B: 389 patterns -> 573
8B: 305 patterns -> 491

Total patterns: 1,325 patterns -> 2,050

That's 725 new patterns.

Edit: Uuuuuuhhhhhh, why did the gear just fade out for about 10 seconds during First Kiss???

Last edited: