Oct 27, 2017
OUCH, $60 total. But after the 20% off code, it's $48 for all 4 packs, so.....eeeh. Plus I only paid $35 out of pocket after having left over funds & the discount code.

But yeah, the fact all 4 of these packs came out at once is the main issue. At the very least, buying the future DLC won't be as bad.
Yea, dropping it all at once hurts even with the coupon.

I'm not as interested in the game as I was previously, they took too long with the dlc. Should've been one or two every week to keep the momentum.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, first time I ever witnessed that. Thought it was just because I got the secret video....on my first try.

Also wow, had some bad luck in that I was aiming for 3 Classiquai songs in Arcade, but for the final stage, NO songs from that game to select.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not as interested in the game as I was previously, they took too long with the dlc. Should've been one or two every week to keep the momentum.
Nobody. Is. Forcing. You. To. Buy. It. All. At. Once.

If you must look at it that way then buy a pack now, then another in a week, then another in a week, then another in a week.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Doubled dipped and bought all the dlc. 100 well spent, gotta support the dems for such an amazing product

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I just realized Trilogy songs have their own unique screen for loading with a computer. Nice touch.

...though wasn't Clazziquai on PSP? So why doesn't it have the Portable 1 or 2 screen of the original title card of the song on a PSP?

Edit: So how does one get Technika plates? Just play a bunch of songs?

Also was Talk! Talk! aiming to look like a Matt Groening drawing, because that's all I can think of. A rejected Simpsons or Futurama background character design.

Last edited:

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
Darn it. I can't clear most of those missions for the life of me. My plan was just trying to clear most/all of the songs full combo in free style to see if plates pop.

Well, all i can recommend is to play the songs you're having trouble with in freestyle until you're good with them. Is what i do. There's no shortcut to this :(

Also, make sure you've calibrated properly the screen, it can help quite a bit. You can do it from the settings menu.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I got a couple from Freestyle but most of the plates across all the DLC are tied to completing missions.
Ahh, okay. Right now, focusing on Freestyle to try every song out. Getting 100,000 with Clazziquai was much quicker than I expected. But probably because it's easier to keep/reset your combo if you break it & don't want to risk losing it, plus being better meant I was able to tackle patterns with more notes.

Man, having new music is really helping making the total score go up faster. Almost at 250m. Also I gotta say, I think I like most of the remixes in Trilogy, some of which I think I prefer over the original.

....well, maybe not the Syriana remix, that was kind of....weak.

Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding about the DLC having a MUCH easier A.I mission. Tried Electronic License from Trilogy, saw "AI prototype", though "maybe this is it? Or will it not count due to being the prototype?" Cleared the mission with 62870 more points (& a full combo), got the trophy. Sweet.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well, all i can recommend is to play the songs you're having trouble with in freestyle until you're good with them. Is what i do. There's no shortcut to this :(

Also, make sure you've calibrated properly the screen, it can help quite a bit. You can do it from the settings menu.

Its just my lack of skill on this one. Well half lack of skill, half some of the missions just straight up having rubbish mechanics - anything with a fader (the pixel and chaos? ones make the game literally unplayable to me so that kinda sucks!).

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fade out is actually the one effector I can play pretty well with, fog fucks me up for some reason, and mission mode loves it. One of the Technika missions has fade out 2/fade 2 as the modifier, which is basically fade in + fade out - so you get to see the notes in a small window above the judgement line. I slowed all the charts right down and got through it, but my accuracy was crap.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I slowed it down for the fade in/fade out one. That was one I managed to clear. If I see fog though, I just give up, my accuracy is just rubbish. The chaos mode (slowing down then speeding up) is something else I really can't do either!

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Its just my lack of skill on this one. Well half lack of skill, half some of the missions just straight up having rubbish mechanics - anything with a fader (the pixel and chaos? ones make the game literally unplayable to me so that kinda sucks!).
I like the pixel modifier. That's the one I used to get 30 songs complete for the achievement unlocks. I haven't tried many others since I've barely touched the missions. I think I have six complete?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I like the pixel modifier. That's the one I used to get 30 songs complete for the achievement unlocks. I haven't tried many others since I've barely touched the missions. I think I have six complete?
Pixel straight up made missions unplayable for me as it made them so blurry I couldn't see anything. And it required me to accurately hit notes as well. It just wasn't happening!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Trilogy only requires one mission to be cleared for a trophy (which wasn't too bad, <30 breaks & I managed to full combo it), but then Clazziquai is like "beat all 6 missions in this one set & then the last mission in the other"

Ah well, least I know I'll hit 50, maybe even 60 missions cleared.

WTF AT CHAOS 4D EFFECTOR, bleh.

Edit: Oh, wow, DJMAX Tournament Live wasn't as bad as I was fearing. Only broke 3 out of 10 on the final song. Also yay, I hit 40 missions cleared.

Last edited:

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
So much new content all at once, it's awesome being able to play Here in the Moment again.

E: Costal Tempo 6B chart is designed very well, another fav.

Last edited:

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Why isn't Hard to Start included in the Clazziquai pack?

I was really looking forward to playing that one again

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*does some DLC missions that require X# fever*

*game glitches where it takes an additional trigger to make the number go up, i.e. X3 Fever to make the game think I've achieved X2*

It's not an US DJMAX release without SOME kind of bug....At least I only have 5 missions to go, & I haven't even touched the Technika ones yet.

Also crap, 4BFX is much harder than I thought after trying to play the mission with the first song being Creator.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Finally had a chance to play around half of the songs so far. I'm going through on Normal 4B for now and there hasn't really been too many standouts. I really did enjoy how First Kiss faded out for the video as someone else brought up. I just passed 500k combo since I hadn't been working on it and I'm at around 350 Max Combo so I'll keep plugging away at getting those two achievements completed. I'm also really close to enough 5x Fever to unlock Voidenaut or whatever it's called.

I like the two Guilty Gear songs I've done so far and was really amused that one of them has a Guilty Gear II Overture background since I figured Arc largely ignored that game.

I also think the difficulty listings is really out of whack. I did a Perfect Play of one 5* song really easily and had another 5* song that I got a Max Combo but noticed it was significantly harder. And this has happened quite a few times where something is either strangely easy or surprisingly difficult in comparison to other songs. I thought they went through and redid the difficulty numbers when bringing the songs over but maybe they're still using the difficulty ratings from the games they came from and that's affected how this works.

And without finishing them all up I'd say Clazziquai is my favorite. Technika seems to be too much instrumental and Trilogy has too many remixes. Both have some fun stuff but most of my favorites from the new stuff so far is from Clazziquai.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't Hard to Start included in the Clazziquai pack?
The 015B songs (Hard to Start and No Way) have some kind of contract issue. Hopefully that'll be sorted out and they will be patched in.

The other missing songs are Motion and Touch My Body by Cooly's Hit Box (IIRC Neowiz have been trying to get a hold of them to sort out the licensing but haven't had much joy) and Mutu by Garion (record label issue)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
If that list on Reddit is right then Electronics and Blythe both show on an even combo - missing the last note of the third track to zero your combo might do the trick.
Just wanna say I tried this & I still got I Want You for the First Step mission. The same song I got when I full combo'd the 3 previous songs.....maybe because it thinks 0 = even?

Then had the idea of trying for the odd numbered combo by missing the very first note in the first song but still full comboing everything else..........but still somehow got 1,490, which makes NO SENSE considering if I missed one note, my combo would've been 1,491 when I got I Want You.

Did another run where I missed the first two notes, STILL GOT I WANT YOU. How am I having trouble getting the NORMAL song to pop up, yet no issue getting the "hidden" one?!

Last edited:

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The timing is looser on the hold notes, so depending on how long you hold you could be racking up one more or less than another run on each of those. I had real trouble getting an odd combo on the first mission because even when I was throwing in deliberate mistakes I was still somehow consistent in finishing even.

I just threw a random break in DJ Max and saw how I was doing into the outro - which is an even number of notes. If I was even I'd try to break one (which I consistently fucked up) but when I was odd I just played it out and it worked.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I think I just noticed that, as I somehow got 1,590 on the 3rd song. Least it's not stuff like "keep max combo under 100" like the spreadsheet was originally thinking.

I'll try later, I already tried twice to get the other song. Just glad that to get the trophy, it seems that you just need to see the charts, not actually clear them. Though I wonder if I can even manage to get to them on the later missions.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
So far the Technika 1 Pack seems a bit weaker than the Clazziquai and Trilogy Packs to me. I enjoyed almost every remix in Trilogy and a few of the original songs too, and Clazziquai is just full of fantastic songs (i seriously can't get over how superb basically everything about the Clazziquai Pack is). A lot of the Technika 1 songs just don't have that much substance to them so far - I think songs like Access and Beyond the Future are kinda boring to play and don't really have much of a hook. I just played them and I can't remember what they sound like! That being said, I Want You and Melody are really fun, and I quite like Honeymoon. I've not played all of the songs yet, so I might change my mind later.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Clazziquai's main menu design and music are my all time favorite of the series. I hope they add combo counters from previous games.

Thank you to whoever said to switch fever to shoulder buttons, it's so much better. Just have to re condition myself from years of hitting x

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Holy Order in 4B MX is another song to get you over 6k combo for that achievement if anyone is working on that and wants a 4B song that can easily do it. Even though it's 11* it's much easier than that, should probably be an 8* in my opinion. Maybe 9*. I never try for more than 10* (and half of those I can't Max Combo) but I gave it shot on a whim and now I'm playing it frequently to finish the grind to 999,999. I'm just a little shy of 750k. And around 415 Max Combo so I need to finish that up. I did finish 30 MX plays finally. And I'm still working on 5x Fever. I'm a little over 3k and I think I need 5k for the last song unlock? Yuck. Oh, and total score is just under 200m so that's another big one I'm slowly getting towards.

These new songs have definitely made working towards these goals much easier.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT THERE'S A MISSION THAT TURNS THE GAME INTO A COMMODORE 64 GAME....but it doesn't use Don't Die.

Also YEAAAAAAAAH, 50 MISSIONS

Edit: So I can confirm getting an odd or even combo at the end of the 3rd song DOES in fact change what song you get as the 4th mission for the Technika missions. Tried it in the 2nd mission & it seems to work.

Also super helpful tip. You don't HAVE to use both the d-pad & buttons, if you want, you can just use one or the other, plus Right & Square can be substitutes for left & Circle when playing the 4th mission

meanwhile WHY CAN'T I STILL GET AN ODD NUMBERED COMBO IN THE FIRST MISSION THIS IS THE 5TH ATTEMPT, I AM SO TIRED OF LISTENING TO DEAR MY LADY & THE EASY CHARTS

Edit 2: FINALLY. I didn't even do anything different this time. I just somehow got an odd numbered full combo this time around. I guess I tried to see if I could hold out longer on the hold notes, but did the same thing for the most part.

Last edited:

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Getting back into this after a few months of not playing.

Decided to work my way through 4B Normal. Just about done playing each song. Definitely takes me back to my DDR days, trying songs on basic to work on timing and for some AAA's lol.

At around 500k combo currently.

Off topic, does anyone know where I can purchase an e-amuse card for DDR A? I play at the DnB here in Times Square and a bunch of us have been asking the front desk for cards but it's been about a month and nothing. If there's a place online I can order from, I would appreciate the help.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Getting back into this after a few months of not playing.

Decided to work my way through 4B Normal. Just about done playing each song. Definitely takes me back to my DDR days, trying songs on basic to work on timing and for some AAA's lol.

At around 500k combo currently.

Off topic, does anyone know where I can purchase an e-amuse card for DDR A? I play at the DnB here in Times Square and a bunch of us have been asking the front desk for cards but it's been about a month and nothing. If there's a place online I can order from, I would appreciate the help.

I might know a place...PM me. One other person here might be able to hook you up, too.

Unrelated, turns out if I disable my sound bar, music sync is manageable. There's a super minuscule output delay when I have my sound bar hooked up for this game. My go to test is Don't Die 4B Hard. When the music sync is off, that song is unplayable.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
Is there a way to change the song sorting from alphabetical to difficulty?

I went through everything including the DLC on 4B normal. Still can't clear two of the songs I have, but I do feel like I'm getting better. I took a break from 6B, because on some of the harder songs I have a hard time moving my fingers as fast as they need to go. Trying to up my speed by going through 4B hard now.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, no. The only way to organize music is by what game they're from & which songs you've favorited. But if you're able to clear 99% of the charts in 4B, that's great. The only chart I couldn't clear was Hamsin MX, & that's the only 15 rated chart for that mode (until you get the Trilogy DLC with Ventilator, the only other 4B song that has a 15 rated chart).

Having the DLC to play new songs has seriously helped with the grind. Now almost at 270k total score, passed 800 play counts, & realized I should start working towards 100 8B plays (just hit 40). Might've hit my limit on missions again (51 cleared), might have to wait for future DLC to finish 9 more so I can finally get the Glory Day gear skin (still need to figure out how to get the Oblivion note skin)

Actually, so now that I think about it, what is it with some songs not having a Hard chart, yet have a Maximum one? Could they not think of a chart that was happy medium between the two difficulties? Why not just call it "Hard" or would it be too big of a jump?

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I FULL COMBO'D MULCH 6B HARD WITH A S-RANK. OW, MY THUMBS

Really liking some of the DLC songs. Coastal Tempo is awesome (though I wish the long version was more energetic like the game version), really dig Love Mode, Electroincs, Y (CE Style), Stop (except for that slow beginning & the huge jump in speed), that disco version of Your Own Miracle that's REALLY good for grinding your combo, SuperSonic (though I still want the remix), Dark Envy, that live version of Yo Creo Que Si, Break a Spell, Do You Want It, & Thor is slowly growing on me.

SOOOO close to 300m, at 293m & closing in at 900 play count.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I had put it down for the past few days but went back today and got steps closer to some of mine. I'm at 830k combo, just passed 200m total score, only need ten more 6B songs, 5 more Hard songs (already completed the needed MX songs), and 65 more for Max Combos. Being done with the 999,999 combo and the Max Combo achievements will feel so freeing as I won't feel like I have to reset constantly. My goal tomorrow night is to get at least to 900k and then be done on the following night.

I see what you mean about Your Own Miracle (Disco) being good for grinding combo. In 6B Normal I got just shy of 7k combo from that song. I'm not as consistent as a few others in the 5-6k combo range but I can Max Combo it fairly easily. The problem is in 6B it's rarely that songs like that are hard it's simply that I'm not consistent in reading the two middle notes and will mess those up even on easy sections for no good reason.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I want to say 6B MX will get you a whopping 8000+ combo because there are soooo many holds. But I ran into that problem with the center lanes with a mission that changes the notes into snow flakes & has that stupid fog effect. Took me like 5 attempts because I would mistake one for the other considering how little time you have to see them & the colors are SO similar that I would sometimes mistake them for an up note.

Alkuk

Feb 8, 2018
Brightness bug!?
I usually play witch brightness set to min via touchpad. But the last days (maybe since the last update) brightness switches to max from time to time, after I restart a song ^^
It happened dozens of times now. You got the same problem?
Edit: I forgot to mention, that changing the brightness while playing a song is not possible naymore, when this happens. I have to go to music selection.

Apart from that I slowly progress. Am able to clear 6B songs with 4,5 and sometimes 6 stars :-)
I figured, a big problem for my brain are fast and changing symultaneously button-press-patterns. Whenever they appear my brain stops ... so it seems. Any tipps other than practice?
Not bought any DLC yet. For beginner what DLC would you suggest? One easier than another?

Last edited:

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Clazziquai is probably the easiest DLC overall - also has a couple more songs than the other packs.

I've also noticed the brightness dipping on restart, but I thought that was intentional to help concentration - as I always have it on max. I've always been able to adjust it again while playing though, so this might be a glitch with the western release?

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I haven't had any brightness bugs on the western release but I did have a bug tonight where the first song I played had the First Kiss gear on, which I had used the previous time I had played to get the trophy associated with it. I had also put on the Trilogy Gear after that because I thought that was for a trophy (instead I needed to change to the Trilogy theme, not gear). But strangely today it started with First Kiss despite having changed it and when I restarted the song it switched back to Trilogy. I then changed it back to Portable 3, which is what I've been using, and it stayed just fine. But still odd for it to pull a previously used gear and then replace it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ran into any brightness bugs on the US version. I've been keeping it at the 2nd to highest setting, i.e just one tap of the touchpad.

also THREE HUNDRED MILLION ACCOMPLISHED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, FINALLY PLATINUM'D THE GAME. My total play count reached a whopping 903 songs played over a course of 67+ hours.

pic of said shirt and stickers:

49Nb2qJl.jpg

the shirt is enormous btw lol; maybe when the game comes out we can have a tournament for this prize?? better it be in the hands of someone who wants it rather than me who does not.
So uuuuhhhhhhh, whatever became of this? I am WAY more confident now compared to before the game came out in the US.

Last edited:

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
5B is just killing me, any button configs that makes it easier or should I just practice and practice and practice some more, the fact that the middle button is on right dpad and square makes my brain fizzle out, it even affects me when I go back to 4B.
6B and 8B is gonna be impossible isn't it...

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that some songs are slightly harder on 5B than 6B, mainly due to having to do quick alteration notes for the middle (quickly alternating between right & square) or something like Left + Square & then quickly Right + Circle.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
5B is just killing me, any button configs that makes it easier or should I just practice and practice and practice some more, the fact that the middle button is on right dpad and square makes my brain fizzle out, it even affects me when I go back to 4B.
6B and 8B is gonna be impossible isn't it...
Skip 5B and jump to 6B. When you get a handle on that, maybe even go to 8B next. Then go back for 5B, it'll be a hell of a lot easier.