• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was going to grab the Clazziquai DLC with my discount code, but then I saw it's $26.99 over here. Think I'll wait for a sale, and just play my actual Clazziquai disc for now.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, Reverse on 5B & 6B seems to screw with me. Had no issue with 4B, but then for some strange reason, I reverted back to my "middle notes = HIT UP OR TRIANGLE" mentality when I first started 5B. Least I was still able to beat the mission.

Also uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 94.89% rate on the final Clazziquai mission where you need 95%

Edit: PHEW, there we go. 96.08%. I swear, Flea 6B MX is easier than the two other songs before it. Also yay, that marks 60 missions cleared, FINALLY unlocked the last gear, Glory Day. Now I just need that damn final note between NB Ranger & Ladymade Star (Oblivion??)...which I suspect is locked away behind the gothic+orpheus mission considering it uses the Oblivion gear + note.

Now to try & get used to 4D, last Electric City mission I need to clear.

Edit 2: Phew, after like 3 attempts, did the 4DmaX mission & thus all Electric City missions cleared. Only DLC trophy left is seeing all the damn Technika patterns in the missions (only have 4/12 at the moment)

Last edited:

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
At least with DLC there's an easy song to get around 6,900 combo each time I go through it. It wouldn't be too hard to use it and some other high combo songs I enjoy to grind that back out but I'm still pretty annoyed since I was so close to not having to worry about resetting when a combo broke.

I'll get back to it eventually but I think I'll take some time away from the game.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
At least with DLC there's an easy song to get around 6,900 combo each time I go through it. It wouldn't be too hard to use it and some other high combo songs I enjoy to grind that back out but I'm still pretty annoyed since I was so close to not having to worry about resetting when a combo broke.

I'll get back to it eventually but I think I'll take some time away from the game.

Man that sucks. Not one to advice save scumming but I'm going to backup my save every 100k or so to have something to fall back on if i screw it up.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Need new music now. It's been 3 weeks...ha. Got another 2 month wait yet, I reckon.

Anyway, here's the Black Square songs coming our way. Easily the strongest line-up yet, but then it is my favourite game in the series, so YMMV.

Ask the Wind ~Live Mix~
Beat U Down
Colours of Sorrow
Cypher Gate
Desperado
Fermion
Fever Pitch Girl
Get Down
Get Up
Grave Consequence
Heart of Witch
In My Dream
Keys to the World
Lovely Hands
PDM
Proposed, Flower, Wolf ~Part 2~
Ready Now
Real Over Drive
Relation Again
River Flow
Ruti'n
Secret World
Space of Soul
Super Lovely
Yo! Max!

Guessing maybe 3-5 of these will be held back for a future pack, going by the song counts in the current DLC packs

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I played this for the first time yesterday, a bit different from Technika on the Vita but the music is still great. Too bad I'm so horrible at these games, got game over a few times on 4P normal lol

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed that the wait between packs is always painful. I'd completely forgotten some of those songs from Black Square, including some of the tracks I used to play the crap out of, like Colours of Sorrow and Real OverDrive.

I'm not sure why they haven't pumped out the other collab packs as a way to pace the DLC, like they did with the GG songs between the Trilogy and Clazziquai DLC.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I could never forget tracks by Tsukasa or NieN so I am eagerly awaiting it to drop! I can't begin to tell you how much I need Space of Soul back in my life.

To be fair it's not even been 4 weeks since the Technika pack, so I'm just being impatient...

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Well, guess we have a new opening to look forward to then. Wonder what he did.

I also decided to play a bit after a week of not playing (and needing a bit of a break from God of War) and I feel like I've regressed in my skill level already haha. I'm struggling with some patterns I easily did an S and Max Combo. I likey just need to play a couple hours to get it back but man it's disheartening all the same.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, uh, not the news I was expecting to read.

It's gonna suck if Glory Day's BGA gets a downgrade, seeing that opening video with all the references/tribute to the older games was really cool.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's hard for me to make a valid comment without knowing anything about the culture over there. At least they're not removing songs.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
This is a complicated thing to answer, I guess. Shinyun was active on a feminism bbs that was starting to become "radical" and it's starting to become a thing in Korea. Culturally, it's a little backwards, but pulling the completed art from the game is really crappy.
Ooof, that's really shitty of the company to buckle to some neckbeards

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
The social issue that's going on in Korea right now it's very complex, to say the least.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
A longer post will have to come later but the tldr is that a large number of Korea's "feminists" are more like Gamergaters than people affecting productive change, and basically managed to actually poison the very cause so badly that every company now has knee jerk reactions like this because it actually does affect their bottom line - regardless of whether the artist was actually involved in the more radical elements or not.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Play easy songs.

This is a game that rewards effort - throughout this thread you'll see people saying time and time again that the more time you spend with it the better you'll get, and the more it'll click. The margin for failure is a lot more lenient than it has been in past iterations, just don't jump into 10* charts if you've never played the thing before but were pretty good at Guitar Hero.

Also, calibrate.

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/DJMAX_global/status/989083026192822272

Rocky studio announce to change the opening of Respect

and "Glory day" is change BGA

it is because of the feminist controversy of the original artist "SHIHYUN"

This is awful. I am disappointed that BEXTER has decided to pull the (good!) art of SHIHYUN from the game. It's far too easy for social media mobs to launch targeted attacks on individuals, especially when companies will so readily buckle under pressure.

For those who want background on what's going on here, read this Kotaku article: In South Korea, Gamers Stage an Inquisition Against Feminism. Long story short, a number of Koreans who work in the game industry, particularly illustrators, have been accused of being associated with a now-defunct feminist website, often based on minimal evidence, such as retweets or likes of tweets referencing women's rights issues. They go after the companies they have worked with and get those companies to pull their art and otherwise disavow them. In addition to this issue with SHIHYUN, there is currently controversy over the Korean artist Nardack, whose illustrations for Azur Lane have been pulled after she would not agree to make the statement "I don't support feminism in any way."

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
This game is haaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrddddd
Play easy songs.

This is a game that rewards effort - throughout this thread you'll see people saying time and time again that the more time you spend with it the better you'll get, and the more it'll click. The margin for failure is a lot more lenient than it has been in past iterations, just don't jump into 10* charts if you've never played the thing before but were pretty good at Guitar Hero.

This so many times

The first time I played Respect a couple of months ago, I just barely passed Blythe's normal 4B map with a C grade, and I was regularly fucking up easy songs cause I wasn't used to the button layout yet. Fast forward to today and I'm getting pretty decent at 6B mode, and I just now played my first 8B song and got a full combo! A 6* one no less! It honestly does just take time and practice to get good at DJMax, and I'm saying this as someone who was absolutely atrocious at Fever on PSP. It's like every rhythm game really, and even though this iteration of DJMax is faaaar more forgiving than earlier versions, it's still no walk in the park.

Just keep trying, and gradually work your way up to harder songs. If you stick with the easy stuff, after all, you'll never get better, but don't jump in at the deep end straight away!

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
My review finally went live. Been babying this one, playing a couple of songs here and there and working my way up to 6B comfortably. 5B might be my comfort zone for harder songs.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
Odd how we have nothing on black square. Was supposed to drop in spring

I was wondering the same thing. I was looking for DLC info yesterday but haven't found anything.

*Sees thread has been bumped for the first time in a month
Oh my God, surely this must mean they're FINALLY giving us Black Square details!
*Checks thread
...noooOOO

in all seriousness I hope it gets revealed like a week from its release date like Technica 1 did, it's been long enough already

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Aw yeah, next week. Though damn, same week as Lumines Remastered.

Any word on the songlist? Though I probably haven't heard of most of them considering I only played Fever & Portable 3.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
Yeeeesss! Knew it was gonna release this month but I just had a tiny sliver of doubt that it wouldn't. Hope they drop a tracklist soon, and do livestreams like they did for Technika 1.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played much since the Technika DLC - I'm going to be rusty as fuck.

Now give me a track list.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Crap, just hit me, is that date confirmed for the US as well? Or are we gonna have to wait weeks again before it hits?

Also, guess it's worth mentioning that they announced some OSTs, one being a "Best of" collection with 22 songs & is the first volume, which'll be "released globally soon." There's also 2 volumes of Respect music, & you can see the track listings for all 3 CDs here. Though no word on actual dates, price, or where you can even order them.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
Crap, just hit me, is that date confirmed for the US as well? Or are we gonna have to wait weeks again before it hits?

I think Technika 1 came out in all regions at the same time, so I'd expect it to be the same for Black Square. Not sure it's been officially confirmed, though. Wasn't it just Trilogy and Clazziquai that got delayed a bit?

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As much as I appreciate the on-going support for this game I'm not sure how they're getting worse at managing the DLC with each one. The Techinka reveal one week before the pack came out was cutting it close enough, but at least there was the stream event where they revealed the setlist and told us that Black Square would be next. We're a few days away from the next pack dropping and they haven't said anything about which songs are included, what price it'll be, and what's next on the schedule.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
As much as I appreciate the on-going support for this game I'm not sure how they're getting worse at managing the DLC with each one. The Techinka reveal one week before the pack came out was cutting it close enough, but at least there was the stream event where they revealed the setlist and told us that Black Square would be next. We're a few days away from the next pack dropping and they haven't said anything about which songs are included, what price it'll be, and what's next on the schedule.

Yeah, I've been expecting a livestream for days now and I'm genuinely quite surprised we haven't heard anything yet. I mean, I'm guessing it's gonna cost the same as the two most recent packs, but not showing what's actually *in* the pack at this point is taking the piss a bit.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK SQUARE INFO TIME! $20

DgqYNT5UYAAbcMl.jpg

DgqYNULUcAA2P6I.jpg

Few more patch notes:

- Fixed an error in sync adjustment feature (Please try to keep the sync adjustment setting to default for best experience. Only adjust it when it's necessary)
- When you RESTART In the Mission Mode, current stage you're in will be restarted.
- On/Off feature for BGA added.

- There will an announcement related to BS DLC on June 28th. - BLACK SQUARE DLC will be available and fully functional after updating the 1.14 patch.

There'll also be an "unlock all songs & missions" pack for "15,000 KRW" that'll make it so all songs & missions in the core game are instantly unlocked.

Also FINALLY, you can view hidden BGA in the gallery now.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
"Practicing feature for missions added" - wonder what that means. But this "When you RESTART In the Mission Mode, current stage you're in will be restarted" is huge for me. Still doubt I'm getting anywhere on any of the missions I'm stuck on, but its nice of them to throw me a bone like this after all this time!