shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Its not the most visually clear interface Ive seen that's for sure... Very busy. I still wishlisted it (could well be fun) but yeah Id work on the UI a bit.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
5B on controller is, imo, the best mode in the game. The physically required middle lane alternation feels so good to nail down.
5B is much weirder on keyboard since you're no longer physically forced to alternate the middle lane so the chart flow isn't as intuitive.

8B is great, the walls of red notes are much funnier than just having more regular lanes.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Oh and maybe you didn't know the feature exists, but a good tip for learning a new button mode: go to freestyle, go to the playable tab, press F4, sort by difficulty. Start with the lowest level stuff until you can reliably FC them. Move on to the next difficulty up. Rinse and repeat.

Going to have to do that! It was becoming time consuming scouring through the music finding appropriate difficulty.

Spent 2 hours last night getting a new pb on a song. .07% increase lol.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Some other notes about different button modes and their binds.
  • It's suggested to start with 4B and 6B. 5B and 8B are "harder" versions of 6B.
  • You can start different button modes at any skill level. Don't be discouraged if you have to go back to easier charts when learning a new button mode, that's normal.
  • The game assumes side tracks are always bound to pinkies. This is obvious when using random modifier & when playing some 8B charts.
  • For 5B, I highly recommend having the binds be identical to the 6B binds.
  • For 8B, the charts are designed around the FX notes (red notes) being bound to each thumb. Putting FX notes on pinkies is literally painful for some charts.
  • Learning non-SC charts on a dualshock controller is extremely fun.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
To add to the above, don't underestimate how much changing the UI can benefit you too. Some gears and noteskins are "cleaner" than others and can make notereading easier. Play around with finding your favoured gear position and transparency settings too, try using headphones if you have them, all these tiny things can benefit in the long run.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
One of the best noteskins (classic) is locked behind playing songs in AIR mode. It's gotten even harder to unlock over time, because only songs you own (i.e. non-DLC songs) count towards the unlocking progress, and air mode is full of DLC songs these days.
The easiest way to get all the air mode unlocks is to leave air mode running overnight with Autoplay off.

Lolcat

Dec 4, 2018
So I got into DJMAX Respect V around January. I've been playing it a lot (first rhythm game I properly got into) and have 110 hours and I'm level 117 (mainly replaying my favourite songs). I find it really tough to play songs with Side Notes and also having to press buttons at the same time. No amount of practice helps. Any tips? Luv on Maximum for example, I have no issue with the song besides the side notes at the start.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
So I got into DJMAX Respect V around January. I've been playing it a lot (first rhythm game I properly got into) and have 110 hours and I'm level 117 (mainly replaying my favourite songs). I find it really tough to play songs with Side Notes and also having to press buttons at the same time. No amount of practice helps. Any tips? Luv on Maximum for example, I have no issue with the song besides the side notes at the start.
The new rewind feature helps with exactly this, where you struggle with particular chords. Play Luv MX and just keep rewinding that section to practice that particular part. There's not really much more to suggest other than "practice" I'm afraid. There's chords I still struggle with after 18 years of playing these games (side notes are often involved...)

Lolcat

Dec 4, 2018
The new rewind feature helps with exactly this, where you struggle with particular chords. Play Luv MX and just keep rewinding that section to practice that particular part. There's not really much more to suggest other than "practice" I'm afraid. There's chords I still struggle with after 18 years of playing these games (side notes are often involved...)
I wish you could have them on the side in their own lane or something

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I wish you could have them on the side in their own lane or something
What are your keybinds for your notes & side tracks?

For better or worse, the giant intimidating wall of green is part of the game's design, and you kinda have to get used to them with practice. It takes time.
They just added a new setting to disable the flashing sidetrack warning, which may help with readability. The warning was originally designed for controller users, not keyboard users.

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
To add to the above, don't underestimate how much changing the UI can benefit you too. Some gears and noteskins are "cleaner" than others and can make notereading easier. Play around with finding your favoured gear position and transparency settings too, try using headphones if you have them, all these tiny things can benefit in the long run.

Oh yeah, I've definitely noticed differences with noteskins being easier/harder for me to read properly. I did just change them again tonight when I swapped to 6b.

Lolcat

Dec 4, 2018
What are your keybinds for your notes & side tracks?

For better or worse, the giant intimidating wall of green is part of the game's design, and you kinda have to get used to them with practice. It takes time.
They just added a new setting to disable the flashing sidetrack warning, which may help with readability. The warning was originally designed for controller users, not keyboard users.
I use the default is that a problem?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
because i use pinkies (and in a relatively weird configuration) for the cyan tracks i often just shift over and hit them with ring (or even pointer if i'm feeling the music lol) so those heads up icons are still a godsend

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Got back into DJMAX with the new patch after ~2 years of primarily just playing mobile rhythm games.

Actually went surprisingly smoothly. I thought I would be super rusty (was never good at keyboard VSRGs to begin with), but I'm actually getting better scores now than I did before, so some skills transfered from mobile games.

Thinking about it, standard DJMAX charts being limited by console controllers probably gives them similar limitations that 2-finger mobile charts have. Both also have very forgiving note timings.

The part that isn't going so well is that I forgot how demanding a keyboard is on your hands. Switching to numpad for the right hand helped a lot, but makes side notes and 8b kind of hard to fund good bindings for.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I use the default is that a problem?
Not a problem for 4B, 5B, and 6B. Default 8B's binds are not comfortable at all lol.
Anyways yeah, just gotta practice side tracks unfortunately. IIRC, RockSTAR is good for side track training depending on the chart.
The part that isn't going so well is that I forgot how demanding a keyboard is on your hands. Switching to numpad for the right hand helped a lot, but makes side notes and 8b kind of hard to fund good bindings for.
Right hand on numpad is awesome. I put my right sidetrack on numpad+ and right FX note on numpad0. Some people put FX on arrow keys right instead.
My full binds are: A SDF space numpad0 456 +

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
POP/STARS (Respect V base) and Nevermind (Trilogy DLC) also have some fiendish side track sections that are good to practice on

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Adapting decently quick to 6b. But once I lose it, it's hard for me to reacquire the groove until I get to a slower section.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Adapting decently quick to 6b. But once I lose it, it's hard for me to reacquire the groove until I get to a slower section.
You will improve at that in time, consciously and subconsciously.

"I'm never going to be able to beat this section!" can feel very real, but is often just a huge lie - Aristotle on rhythm games, 350BC

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly big patch with a bunch of fixes.

store.steampowered.com

DJMAX RESPECT V - May 30th Update Announcement - Steam News

Rocky Studio will process a hot-fix maintenance between 12PM to 4PM KST to fix the bugs that have been found since the last update. During this time, the game will not be available for playing. Bug Fixes and Improvements <Common> Gameplay (In-Game) Fixed an issue where the REWIND function would...

Rocky Studio will process a hot-fix maintenance between 12PM to 4PM KST to fix the bugs that have been found since the last update. During this time, the game will not be available for playing.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

<Common>

Gameplay (In-Game)

• Fixed an issue where the REWIND function would occasionally not stop when used.
  • Fixed an issue where, when REWIND was activated while the CHAOS W effect was applied, the playback speed would remain fixed for a certain period of time.
  • Corrected the issue where the BGA of the song 'ON' included in the PORTABLE 1 category did not sync with the music.
  • Fixed an issue where the track separation line at the bottom of the DJ CLASS gear was protruding.
  • Adjusted the layering order of L/R note effects when using SCHOOL or DJ CLASS notes.
  • Fixed an issue where restart input via game controller was not applied on the results screen.
  • Modified so that the BGA brightness adjustment guide does not display when using a game controller.
  • When the REWIND notification is set to OFF on the SETTINGS screen, the status notification in the upper right corner will also not be displayed.
FREE STYLE

• The game will not start if there are no songs in the DJ POWER category.
  • Fixed an issue where, if different difficulty patterns of the same song were registered in the DJ POWER category, playing and exiting a lower DJ POWER pattern would incorrectly appear as if a higher difficulty pattern was selected.
  • Fixed an issue where, if no song is registered to the selected button in the DJ POWER category, incorrect information from the previous button would be displayed, causing keyboard controls to freeze when trying to play.
  • Fixed an issue where the sound effect for category navigation in the EQUIPMENT window was excessively loud.
  • Removed the speed setting guide popup that was forcibly displayed upon first entering the mode.
OPEN MATCH

• Fixed an issue where the host's DLC ownership list did not display the FALCOM DLC panel on the lobby screen.
  • Fixed an issue where other players couldn't hear sound emoticons when used by the host.
  • Fixed an issue where the DJ LEVEL experience gauge did not function when three or more players completed a game.
  • Fixed an issue where emoticons from players other than those in slots 1 and 2 did not work in FREE/TEAM MATCH.
  • Fixed an issue where NEW RECORD was displayed even when score records were not updated in FREE/TEAM MATCH.
  • Fixed an issue where the pattern and accuracy of the NB bot in TEAM MATCH were not displayed correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the screen remained black on the ROUND screen until the game started when observing in VERSUS MATCH at 0 seconds.
  • Fixed an issue where keybeam images displayed when keys were pressed with a connected gamepad while observing in VERSUS MATCH.
  • LADDER MATCH
  • Fixed an issue where occasionally the song set as a one-pick would randomly be selected again (Note: This can still occur if the opponent has the same one-pick song).
  • Fixed an issue where the season plate reward window was displayed again after receiving season rewards.
  • Fixed an issue where HARD/MAX judgment play information was incorrectly aggregated into the NORMAL/HARD judgment area in the player's information section on the right side of the lobby screen.
  • Modified to prevent the application of BEST PICK in modes where a ONE PICK song is not set.
  • Fixed an issue where a song removed from the ONE PICK menu would still appear.
  • Fixed an issue where matching would fail and result in a loss if a match was found during practice mode.
  • Changed the Hall of Fame call button in ladder match > The gamepad button for calling the Hall of Fame window in LADDER MATCH has been changed to the Left Stick button.
MISSION

• Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would become unresponsive when changing mission packs using keyboard controls while hovering over the mission list.
  • Fixed an issue where setting the playback option to OFF on the SETTINGS screen made it impossible to play TB patterns and REMIX patterns.
DJMAX SHOP

• Fixed an issue where purchased gallery images were not displayed on the collection screen.
  • Fixed a problem where equipped gear/note skin items reverted to default skins after completing a play session.
Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where changing DJ icons and plates did not immediately reflect the update.
  • Fixed text corruption issues when changing the UI theme to SCHOOL theme.
  • Corrected a typographical error in the Japanese text for 'Clear' in the SCHOOL theme.
  • Fixed an issue where letter spacing in song titles was not uniform.
  • Added 9 new play count reward images for gloryMAX.
  • Fixed an issue where the play count reward plates for Falcom DLC were not awarded despite meeting the requirements.
  • Corrected an issue where, after filling the daily Play Point acquisition quota, the related information incorrectly displayed as 0/100.
  • Fixed an issue where emoji rewards could not be obtained even after achieving the steps in CLEAR PASS SEASON 12.
  • Corrected typos on the rewards acquisition screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the text informing of a friend's current location in the Steam App screen's friend information section was displayed abnormally.
<PC Environment (Steam & Gamepass)>

• Fixed an issue where the fever gauge color did not reset when performing a quick restart (F5) while fever was active during gameplay.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to equip emoticons you did not own using the mouse.
  • <Console Environment (XBOX)>
  • Corrected the size of the X button image displayed in the DJ CLASS area on the DJ PROFILE screen to match intended specifications.
  • Fixed an issue where EMOTICON 1~5 items were not displayed under INPUT SETTING.
  • Fixed an issue where certain thematic UI skin items purchased from the DJMAX SHOP could not be equipped.
  • Fixed an issue where chat messages intermittently did not appear in OPEN MATCH.
<Steam Deck Environment>

• Fixed an issue where the resolution was forcibly changed to the lowest setting upon entering the SETTINGS screen.
  • Modified the SETTINGS screen to allow the configuration of resolution and display mode options.
※ Recently, it was detected that malicious code had been inserted targeting the developers through an external security program. We have immediately taken the necessary security measures through an external security company and confirmed that there has been no impact on users up to this point.

We will continue to do our best to ensure that players can use DJMAX RESPECT V safely.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Second KALPA PC demo released. 10 songs is a pretty decent number for a demo, and there's a new story mode demo.
store.steampowered.com

KALPA: Cosmic Symphony on Steam

KALPA, the authentic mobile 5-key rhythm game, is now available on STEAM! The doomed universe needs you to play your life away. Play your life's music with Kalpa to save the dying Yggdrasil and revive the universe!

Their crowdfunding campaign seems to be going well.
www.tumblbug.com

부서진 우주를 연주하는 소녀 <리듬게임 칼파 PC완전판>

리듬게임 명가 케세라게임즈가 선보이는 새로운 PC완전판 KALPA를 만나보세요!

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Second KALPA PC demo released. 10 songs is a pretty decent number for a demo, and there's a new story mode demo.
store.steampowered.com

KALPA: Cosmic Symphony on Steam

KALPA, the authentic mobile 5-key rhythm game, is now available on STEAM! The doomed universe needs you to play your life away. Play your life's music with Kalpa to save the dying Yggdrasil and revive the universe!

Their crowdfunding campaign seems to be going well.
www.tumblbug.com

부서진 우주를 연주하는 소녀 <리듬게임 칼파 PC완전판>

리듬게임 명가 케세라게임즈가 선보이는 새로운 PC완전판 KALPA를 만나보세요!
There's actually 15 songs which is very generous for a demo. No 6K mode this time though, just 4K and 5K (unless I'm going mad and the previous demo had no 6K either, it was like 4 months ago I played it). Don't care about the story mode side of things in these games but the music is very good. Nice surprise to see onoken in there.

VVAV One has decided to delete all my scores again. Tried the new song but it still sounds like all the other non-Memme songs in the game. Massive meh.

V Extension 6 unveiling livestream should be next week, otherwise it'll miss Q2 as next week is the penultimate Thursday of the month. Was hoping it would be this week, oh well.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, This is EZ2ON Team.

Server maintenance and client update tasks will be carried out to update the game content.
During the maintenance period, the game will be unavailable. We appreciate your understanding.

● Maintenance Schedule
  • [KST/JST] Jun. 13, 15:00 - Jun. 13, 17:00 (Korea / Japan Standard Time)
  • [CST/SGT] Jun. 13, 14:00 - Jun. 13, 16:00 (China / Singapore Standard Time)
  • [UTC] Jun. 13, 06:00 - Jun. 13, 08:00
  • [PT] Jun. 12, 23:00 - Jun. 13, 01:00 (Pacific Time)

● Additional Content
  1. New course 'Daily Special' added
  2. Update of a single EVOLVE DLC preview song (limited time)

*The schedule may be subject to change.

store.steampowered.com

EZ2ON REBOOT : R - 06/13 Server Maintenance Notice - Steam News

Server maintenance and client update tasks will be carried out to update the game content. [UTC] Jun. 13, 06:00 - Jun. 13, 08:00

Awesome, should be releasing pretty soon then. EZ2AC: Evolve features Springhead, Cosmograph, Seibin etc so I am so there.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
2024.06.20 DJMAX RESPECT V LIVE BROADCAST
DJMAX RESPECT V NEW DLC Preview Broadcast will be processed on June 20th, 7PM KST.

b9a548ca94973f43608e51f50e8e997b8bca841c.png

▶YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/DJMAXOfficialChannel

store.steampowered.com

DJMAX RESPECT V - 2024.06.20 DJMAX RESPECT V LIVE BROADCAST - Steam News

2024.06.20 DJMAX RESPECT V LIVE BROADCAST DJMAX RESPECT V NEW DLC Preview Broadcast will be processed on June 20th, 7PM KST. ▶YouTube:

As expected. I won't be around to do the usual live notes recap next week, maybe someone else can do it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I finally booted up DJMax after its last big update and I quite like the tweaks they made to the game... also, as Im playing on my newer Steam Deck, not gonna lie its rather nice at 90FPS... its not really helping my gameplaying, but its nice and smooth all the same. I really need to get back and play the game proper... Im still sorta juggling this and Clone Hero...