• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you agree with it being $60?

• Yes

Votes: 1,248 47.9%
  • No, so I'm not buying it

Votes: 744 28.5%
  • No but I'm still buying it

Votes: 615 23.6%

• Total voters

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I will wait like a year and buy it used... maybe.

I played the GB game to death I am not really that hyped about it.

what should I vote?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the greatest games of all time, and something truly special to me personally. Of course I'm buying a total remake of it.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I guess if I buy it at Walmart, it'll be $50. Either way, nah I don't really care. I'm going to have a good time.

I'd like to know where people are finding price drops for Switch games though. Over here in North America it's a giant "good fucking luck" even after a year.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
it's one of the least egregious ones from Nintendo. Bayo 2 and Donkey Kong port prices were more annoying.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I don't know if I can pinpoint a single reason why I don't think it's worth the full price ($80CDN) but I don't think it is and I won't be buying it.

I guess I have less of an issue with its pricing when compared to, say, Tropical Freeze, which was an absolute no-effort port.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Ill wait for the dungeon builder and whatever else they added before I judge.

That said, Im disappointed Nintendo and other publishers haven't been pushing $40 Switch games more. I know they exist, but I wanted more

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have a problem with it being $60. It's more than a port or remaster; every asset in the game is brand new.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally the best Zelda game of all time, and the remake looks like a VERY VERY quality remake, not some remaster bullshit (obviously).

Yes, it's worth 60. It's worth 100.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That said, Im dissapointed Nintendo and other publishers havent been pushing $40 Switch games more. I know they exist, but I wanted more
I believe Captain Toad launched at $40, but it was always an intentionally smaller title even on Wii U.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
The original is one of the greatest games of all time so yes, it's worth it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Never really thought about it until I saw people complaining here. But in any case, I used a voucher to get it so I didn't pay $60 anyway.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't agree with it. I don't see how you can ask for the same price for this game that you did for Breath of the Wild. And I still find the art style to be hideous. I'm on the fence but leaning towards no.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

That said, Im dissapointed Nintendo and other publishers havent been pushing $40 Switch games more. I know they exist, but I wanted more
They are like hundreds of quality indie titles for less than 20 bucks available.
Switch games are more expensive to develop than DS/3DS games - add in retail releases and cartridge prices and i dont see why publishers would go for cheaper prices, without sacrificing its viability as a plattform to support.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It's an amazing game, also the remake looks absolutely stunning. I struggle to remember a remake that does a better work of re-imagining the original graphics (maybe REmake 2).

I have the LE pre-ordered, the steelbox looks too good.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
A good game is a good game. I imagine if someone did the math we might know what the price is comparatively to games of the same time and give us an objective indicator of value over time, but I don't need that. Because a good game is a good game, and I'll pay "full price" for a game that's well made and good. The same conversation came up about Octopath and will inevitably spark up everytime something like this comes out.

It's the same as the "animated movies are for kids" convos people talk about and why Spiderverse didn't make as much as it should have. People have perceptions of styles/values/etc and the market's job is to interpolate and interpret those values and try to sell within those values for a profit. -shrug-

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I don't mind highly enhanced, full remakes like this being full MSRP; hell on other consoles I'm surprised a lot of those aren't $60 (Spyro, MediEvil, etc.). I only really have issues with ports of last-gen games that do the bare minimum (if anything at all) in terms of upgrades being launched as a full price title.

Oct 2, 2018
just as an aside: Cadence of Hyrule. I paid full price and I gotta say; great game but honestly it was a bit too much for that also

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
It looks like they've put a lot of work into it so I don't have an issue with paying the MSRP.

Exactly. This is a total remake. It's not a port. I don't see why it wouldn't be $60. Is some of this tied to the fact that the original was a handheld title? Like, if they had done a massive remake of Zelda 2 or LTTP, I know there would still be complaints but would there be as many?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I'm not buying it for a bit (I still need to get over the art style) but I really don't have an opinion on how much it costs, Nintendo is free to price it how they want.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i played the original to death, and i love the game, but to be honest watching preview vids of it put me off it because of how much smaller the world feels thanks to the map scrolling and screen size letting you see bits of the map that are three zones away in the corners

Oct 25, 2017
I think this game is so good that I don't have a problem paying sixty bucks for a full remake that includes that interesting dungeon-maker stuff.

I'd pay up to twenty bucks for the original GBA game because I think that it's the best LoZ game ever made and it's one of my favorite games of my childhood and of all Nintendo games, so sixty for this (well, fifty since I have GCU) is not a big ask at all.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. The art style is gorgeous, though. But there's not nearly enough altered with the gameplay to warrant me purchasing it at full price, especially with other switch games coming out around the same time that seem more worth $60 imo (namely Daemon X Machina)

Oddly enough I never owned this GB/C game as a kid. If I did, however, I feel like I'd end up buying the game full price. There's a $10 Nintendo tax on Nostalgia after all.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
This is a tough one. I would be ready to pay it, but I don't have a switch. However I still think it is a bit overpriced. 40$ would be the sweet spot for that game.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, I'm really tired of gamers complaining about the price developers set for their video games. I'm cool with hating on predatory practices, but trying to decide the value of something like this is lame. I hated it when people did this shit regarding Monster Boy and I still hate it here.