Do you like to play video games while listening to music?

• Yes, generally

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Depends on the game

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 60 50.0%

• Total voters

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm grinding I'll listen to podcasts more often than not. Occasionally music, but not that often. If its normal gameplay, I can't focus on music or the podcast so I just leave game audio on

quibbler

Nov 11, 2017
I don't. Sometimes I even go as far as muting the game's BGM if it starts getting repetitive or distracting.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Music? Never. Podcasts, sometimes, if the game doesn't require engagement from the language center of my brain.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like it's weird to not listen to the intended soundtrack like 99% of the time.

My only exception would be sports games where I enjoy turning off the music and listening to Deftones instead. šŸ˜Ž

empo

Jan 27, 2018
All the time when I played WoW but I don't expect anyone to have hundreds of ingame days and still be hyped for the Ironforge theme.

Nowadays I mostly play one and done games so the thought hasn't really come up. Maybe if the music ingame was really bad or something.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Most of the time, no.
Music is one of my favorite parts of games so I like hearing the music in game.

For things with limited soundtracks or not great music, very rarely I will put on a Spotify playlist. No podcasts though because I can't play and listen enough to comprehend what they are talking about lol.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Never (not even for my fave game, WoW, except on super rare occasion when I get into a farming/grinding mode for 1h or more and I want to zen out to some kind of instrumental music or something).

I prefer to get engrossed in the music of the game, as devs intended.