• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not anymore. Shit like that and drinking was taking up too much of my already meager income. Couldn't be happier now that I'm sober, I've got the bread and the drive to actually do shit

as much as I hate to admit it, I must.

I need to quit smoking. matter of fact, I will today. Smoking is fun briefly, but then it completely fucks me up, and every time I quit I get to the point where I say 'I can start again, I got shit under control' and then I smoke and everything unravels again, just as it always does. I quit.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
as much as I hate to admit it, I must.

I need to quit smoking. matter of fact, I will today. Smoking is fun briefly, but then it completely fucks me up, and every time I quit I get to the point where I say 'I can start again, I got shit under control' and then I smoke and everything unravels again, just as it always does. I quit.

You'll be back.

You'll have a toke one day and itll hit you like a truck, then you'll start to do it a few times a month, once every week and then bam, you got a personal stash and smoking daily to a very subtle high.

Or maybe that's just me :(

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll be back.

You'll have a toke one day and itll hit you like a truck, then you'll start to do it a few times a month, once every week and then bam, you got a personal stash and smoking daily to a very subtle high.

Or maybe that's just me :(

That's how it goes in my head every time before I start again. Does not reflect reality.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
Nope but i would if it was legal in the UK. Would probably only smoke CBD, i think the THC would make me go a bit mad.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
Used to regularly, never massive joints, but basically every day - an 8th would last me a couple of weeks or so. Apart from a period in about 2007-8, fairly regularly from about 2001 to 2017.

Then we had a baby and moved in to a new house, so 100% no smoking in the house, and I can't be fucked to go outside in the wet and cold just to have a joint, so I've probably had one or two single skins in the last two years.

I still smoke a few rollies but even that's getting to the point where I might add well not bother, one or two a day.

It's great going to Amsterdam when you can just buy a bit if you fancy some, like I do with a bottle of wine, but it also knocks me on my arse - it's so fucking strong!

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I smoked for about 12 years from the age of 18. Around the time I stopped, I was doing a lot of television appearances and it was making me paranoid. It wasn't so much my mind, it was my eyes, they got really heavy-lidded and red after smoking. I remember doing an MTV interview and having to wear dark glasses because I had eggs for eyes. After that, I stopped. I miss It sometimes, usually in the evening if I'm watching sub-standard TV. Lol.

What lovely C-list celebrity have we here on Era? Don´t say it. Imagine it is much funnier ;)

I´m smoking pot since I´m 12 or 13 (I´m now 37) but on a regular base only since some couple of years. But that shit fucked me up and I made some very wrong decisions early on in my life. Like Neo for example I had to chose between smoking pot or Trinity and I took the former one. Sure it´s not as harmful as other "drugs" but the long-term damage is definitely there so I´d always advise to be careful with it like with every other drug.

Last edited:

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Smoked daily for over ten years now. I'm 28 and started when I was 17. Have quit for 2-3 weeks several times but never gone longer than that without.

There are times when I wonder why and wish I could quit. Typically for financial reasons only. But there are times when I'm happy of it.

My sister died last week, and I've spent most of the last few days organising her funeral, editing people's memories, writing my own, breaking down crying etc. As soon as the funeral is done I'm gonna smoke my face off. I don't like the idea of using it as a crutch but it's the only thing that could truly give me a feeling of comfort and relaxation right now.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
What lovely C-list celebrity have we here on Era? Don´t say it. Imagine it is much funnier ;)

I´m smoking pot since I´m 12 or 13 (I´m now 37) but on a regular base only since some couple of years. But that shit fucked me up and I made some very wrong decisions early on in my life. Like Neo for example I had to chose between smoking pot or Trinity and I took the former one. Sure it´s not as harmful as other "drugs" but the long-term damage is definitely there so I´d always advise to be careful with it like with every other drug.

Lol. I was well-known in my genre but by no means a celebrity, C-list or otherwise.

I agree about it not being as harmful as other drugs, but it can be damaging. For me, I was less motivated. When I stopped, I got a lot more done. I have no problem with other people smoking, I still find the smell relaxing somehow.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I've "quit" too many times to use that word now. "Stop" is more like it since it will likely restart at any point.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
I used to, like everyday all day. Then I slowly stopped because for some reason, I started to get paranoid a lot. I will still smoke when me and my bestfriends have get togethers, which is about like once every two/three months nowadays.

Papa Satanás

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no
Yup. I vape dry flower every evening. It's done great things for my mental health; I was able to completely drop benzos from my other meds, and my sleep has never been better.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Very often. Still my favorite drug/substance of all the ones I used (and abused) in my life.

I also believe it's the least harmful of all the substances I used, enjoyed, or were addicted to. Cigarettes, Opioids (and kratom), Coffee, Sugar, pills for adhd, speed, alcohol, lsd, cocaine

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
3 years ago I took an antibiotic I had adverse reactions to which left me in and out of hospitals for 2 years trying to find a way to make me better. I was given prescription after prescription that would of had me taking like 20 pills a day. I decided to not take any more medicine from doctors since what they gave me ended up ruining my job, and normal life I had. I now smoke daily, I will pack 6-8 bowls a day to help with my nerve damage and other issues associated with FQAD. I love cannabis, it has replaced all my meds. For myself its helped make life somewhat enjoyable given how messed up my body has gotten after taking that antibiotic.

Just wish it was recreational in my state, as our medicinal program is expensive.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
All day everyday like 3 times a day. I also have a good career and great relationship with my friends, girlfriend and family while still maintaining an active lifestyle. I add that since there's a stigma that smoking so much pot would make you lazy and underachieving, but it depends on the person not the weed. Lazy people will still always be lazy and of course weed would only make them moreso.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Regularly....like at least 4x a week

My use has increased this year since I finally got my MMJ card here in FL. There's even a dispensary 5min from my house. It's just too convenient now. Vapes, pre-roll Js (my favorite), shatter and 1/8s of flower....all can be ordered online (with text updates) and it's about a 10min round trip for me.

It's like a dream sometimes. So awesome.

However, I'm not one to pretend that MJ is the Cheat Code to Life....like so many do. Doesn't help with work / studying / exercise / driving / etc like many claim it does. I've tried & done all that and hell nah, doesn't improve shit.

I try to limit my smoking to after work & such. Like today, I plan on smoking after work, once I'm done running my dog around the neighborhood and before I mow my lawn.