• Yes

Votes: 455 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Other (make a comment)

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters
Nov 1, 2017
as a hospital worker and as someone who has had to suffer on a ventilator in the ICU, hell yes. its possible for a human to feel such extreme pain and anguish that its simply monstrous to deny them a way out.

Oct 25, 2017
No, i support keeping people alive against their express wishes, even when they're in chronic, agonizing pain.

...Of course I support euthanasia. It's hypocritical as fuck that we do to pets when they're old or in pain, and call it humane. But when it comes to people who actually have the ability to express whether they want to die or not, then we refuse to do it, removing that so called humane option that we are more than willing to use on animals

Oct 31, 2017
100% for it. I'd consider it one of the most basic rights as a human being.

HBO has a really good biopic about Dr. Kevorkian if anyone is interested in seeing his story dramatized. It's called You Don't Know Jack. Won a decent amount of awards on release. It's nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Unequivocally. The last thing I want, if my cancer's to kill me, is to spend my last days trapped to machines, ekeing out days, hours, minutes, for some twisted version of 'life' for no good reason.

I've discussed my wishes with my family who wholeheartedly agree, and if I ever get the "Best we can do is make you comfortable." talk, I have plans in place to get to a place where I can access euthanasia legally

Feb 17, 2019
Absolutely, but I do think there needs to be consulting and a thorough discussion on wether the pain a person is feeling is hopeless and unbearable.
Otherwise people might attempt to seek out these services in the spurr of the moment, which could go out of hand.

It's already legal in the netherlands and some other countries and I have no problems with it as long as it's the well thought out decision of the patient.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and we also have a problem spending too much money keeping people alive in this country that will never get better or live a normal life.

it's like the most selfish thing ever to keep someone alive who is clearly in pain or never going to live a semi-normal life again.. as you aren't keeping them alive for them.. but for yourself.

It's a waste of money, and morally to be wrong. The moral thing is to end suffering painlessly.

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As a doctor ii hope this isn't ever passed. I'd hate to have to kill someone because they want to give up on their life. Is there any way we can ever be sure that the person really wanted to die?

• pain can be controlled with medications
  • mental diseases is being better and better controlled with new approaches in psychiatric
  • Cancer's complications are getting better treatment thanks to new radiotherapy and prosthesis
  • Strokes can be more managed by physios and neurosurgeons
From my experience, all i see from allowing euthanasia is families killing people that are a burden (children with genetic diseases, old people,etc.).

Maybe i'm jaded but i really can't see this being used for good; instead all i see is a legal means to kill someone. I don't want this on my conscience!