Feb 1, 2018
I mean, I'm a millennial and I'm largely referring to my childhood, not my teenage years.

But I'll take your points, I guess I'm an earlier millennial as I was born in '88 and that label extends to about '96. But still, even during those times what I remember just as vividly as the crises are the coping mechanisms.

Sheesh, I'm no rocket surgeon youse guys.

I think the nonstop online coverage/phone notifications/twitter/social media stream/ERA threads of depressing headlines and outrageous news these days gives you an illusion that the world is falling apart at an unprecedented rate, that the generation before you had it easier (rose tinted glasses)...but it really isn't. Every decade has its shit. The two biggest threats to global security right now are a) the rise of white nationalism and b) climate change, both of which are relatively abstract and passive compared to being in a literal world war

The 2008 recession sucked. I watched entire industries go down with the housing crisis and family friends who were well-off had to sell everything and sleep in their SUV's. It formed me as a millennial, to make more prudent financial decisions and save save save

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was a big proponent of the year 1999, but this is 1986

Star trek 4
Short circuit
Tranasformers movie
Aliens
Stand by me
Bluye velvet
The fly
Big trouble in little china

Uncompamrable

Labyrinth and Highlander were also 1986. As this asks about popular culture at large: Moore's Watchmen and Miller's Dark Knight were also released in 1986 as were Brian Jacques Redwall, Asimov's Foundation and Earth, and Wynne Jone's Howl's Moving Castle . But I guess OP heading aside asks about future horizon.

Last edited: