• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the Doctor literally freaking punched someone in Series 10 because he disagreed with his political views in a time where it was nothing to write home about to be racist. Totally doesn't fit the Doctor, not even Capaldi's doctor. Also Bill just HAD to remind the audience that she's lesbian in almost every single episode, which sadly always felt out of place. Doctor Who already did similar themes MUCH better with the Jack Harkness character in earlier seasons. (Jack still is my favorite character in new Doctor Who) In addition the supposed historical white washing that was directly addressed in an episode and the one episode with the romans in the cave ... just pure cringe because those episodes, or maybe rather the entire season, felt like a wet dream to push political beliefs of the writer(s) in the face of the audience.
Visible lesbians only feel "out of place" to homophobes who don't ever want to see them in the first place. Bill's sexuality was natural and normal and no more forced than Amy and Rory's heterosexuality was.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hey so my cable box is telling me that along with the simulcast version that will air at 1:45 Central, they're going to air a "Special Edition" at 7 Central. Will this "Special Edition" add anything new or is it just a marketing gimmick to get people to watch it again?

It's 15 minutes longer, I wonder if there are commercials and "extra bonus interview footage!" or something.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish we got more seasons with Bill. She was awesome and one of my favorite companions.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I always forget how amazing Billie Piper was in "Day of the Doctor". She and Hurt were the best thing about the episode.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I'm looking forward for this. I'll have to watch it tomorrow sadly...

And Bill was great. I don't care if her ending was a bit of a cop-out, if she ended her life as a cyberman it would have been too fucking dark

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean the Doctor literally freaking punched someone in Series 10 because he disagreed with his political views in a time where it was nothing to write home about to be racist. Totally doesn't fit the Doctor, not even Capaldi's doctor. Also Bill just HAD to remind the audience that she's lesbian in almost every single episode, which sadly always felt out of place. Doctor Who already did similar themes MUCH better with the Jack Harkness character in earlier seasons. (Jack still is my favorite character in new Doctor Who) In addition the supposed historical white washing that was directly addressed in an episode and the one episode with the romans in the cave ... just pure cringe because those episodes, or maybe rather the entire season, felt like a wet dream to push political beliefs of the writer(s) in the face of the audience.
Lol fuck off with this shit

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of person doesn't want to see the Doctor punch racists? Was the eugenics/Nazi analogue of her arch-nemesis too subtle?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I always forget how amazing Billie Piper was in "Day of the Doctor". She and Hurt were the best thing about the episode.

Seconded.

Watching Piper chew over that kind of character was great, and also was kind of a showcase of how far she'd come professionally (she's done a lot of theatre) since her big break with Who in '05

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So if I purchased the Season Pass on Amazon I'm assuming it doesn't become available until tomorrow?

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
Bill was way, way, waaaaaaaay better than boring Clara.
I like Jenna Coleman as an actress but Clara was not a good companion. Jenna deserved much better :( so did Pearl.

That's not really that hard to do. The secrecy for this season has been super tight. Barely anything has been shown at all.
you know what i mean. i haven't watched anything the bbc have officially released. usually i'd keep up to date on everything but this time i want to know as little as possible

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So close now!

giphyeocfy.gif

Wambo

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Ah yes, that infamous prude Jack Harkness.
Jack had an personality and character besides 'lol look at my sexuality'.

What kind of person doesn't want to see the Doctor punch racists? Was the eugenics/Nazi analogue of her arch-nemesis too subtle?
It's extremely out of character for the Doctor as a character, even when it was a friend who was insulted. No matter how much you want to punch people who don't agree with you or your political beliefs, it doesn't fit Doctor Who.

Visible lesbians only feel "out of place" to homophobes who don't ever want to see them in the first place. Bill's sexuality was natural and normal and no more forced than Amy and Rory's heterosexuality was.
So reminding everyone you meet of your sexuality and pushing Bill's sexuality as her only character trait is 'natural and normal'? Lol, okay.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't like.

I don't like the look of the new Sonic. Especially after that classy one Capaldi had.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If I found a weird object in the woods, I'd definitely phone the police instead of leaving and forgetting I saw it.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think "I'M GONNA TOUCH EVERYTHING!" is a good trait for a Doctor Who companion to have...

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"there is no such thing as aliens"

WHAT ROCK HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER IN THIS UNIVERSE!

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
and BBC America commercials :(

Thought the "I'm 19 and can't ride a bike and my grandma & her husband are still trying to teach me like I'm 10 years old" was a dumb setup, but pretty good otherwise. Whittaker is great early and they're doing a nice job of building the companions character-wise.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The more I look at it, the strange object just reminds me of a Dragon Quest slime with no eyes.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
and BBC America commercials :(

Thought the "I'm 19 and can't ride a bike and my grandma & her husband are still trying to teach me like I'm 10 years old" was a dumb setup, but pretty good otherwise. Whittaker is great early and they're doing a nice job of building the companions character-wise.

He's got dyspraxia

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
It's almost Spielbergian so far; they must have watched Stranger Things. Ryan Sinclair feels a bit like Rose Tyler if that makes any sense.