OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
3 full arts today yahoo

na.finalfantasy.com

FFTCG Hidden Hope Sneak Peek! | TOPICS | FINAL FANTASY PORTAL SITE | SQUARE ENIX

FINAL FANTASY TRADING CARD GAME, abbreviated FFTCG, is played all around the world. We’re excited to bring you an FF Portal-exclusive sneak peek of...

S1oJYEP.jpeg

nV7q0XH.jpeg

LeVlTnm.jpeg

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah...gonna need a playset of full art Curilla immediately.

Made some small changes to my Dragoon deck, went 2-2 with it Sunday. It's in a good spot I think, but I have to practice with my other three decks I just put together.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Better image. Playing this nerd with Ultimecia. Also dead thread but still should I make a bad OT once o22 comes out 🤔

XsEJ4dp.jpeg

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a few of the starter decks (Cecil vs. Golbez, Noctis vs. Ardyn, and XIII Custom) I could get access to locally today. I'm not particularly good at deck building, but I've been interested in this for a long while, and want it to be something I can occasionally play with my girlfriend.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Some heat full arts. Enkidu, Kain, Cissnei, Rinoa.

SVXYlFp.jpeg

nWTAkAQ.jpeg

qwdzJMa.jpeg

dSooPSF.jpeg

Ordered a few of the starter decks (Cecil vs. Golbez, Noctis vs. Ardyn, and XIII Custom) I could get access to locally today. I'm not particularly good at deck building, but I've been interested in this for a long while, and want it to be something I can occasionally play with my girlfriend.
Have fun! I'll say that if you mainly want to play just for fun at home, those two player starters are good, but sometimes too unbalanced. Cecil Golbez I don't remember but I think the Retainers is way better than Ardyn. XIII deck is very strong out of the box as well so that much be annoying against any other precon lol.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some heat full arts. Enkidu, Kain, Cissnei, Rinoa.

Have fun! I'll say that if you mainly want to play just for fun at home, those two player starters are good, but sometimes too unbalanced. Cecil Golbez I don't remember but I think the Retainers is way better than Ardyn. XIII deck is very strong out of the box as well so that much be annoying against any other precon lol.
I'll keep that in mind and try to rotate decks to keep things fair, haha

Also now that I've gotten them, I am amazed at the premium quality of the cards. Like I am honestly shocked at how nice the card stock is, and I love the card back.
A part of me just wants to buy that recent Anniversary Set (the one with the Crisis Core Reunion cover) just for more cards, lol

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I'll keep that in mind and try to rotate decks to keep things fair, haha

Also now that I've gotten them, I am amazed at the premium quality of the cards. Like I am honestly shocked at how nice the card stock is, and I love the card back.
A part of me just wants to buy that recent Anniversary Set (the one with the Crisis Core Reunion cover) just for more cards, lol

The new Anniversary set has lots of staples and is definitely worth getting to expand your collection. And the pre-built deck in it is actually pretty fun. When it first came out five out of the six people at our weekly open play sleeved it up and played it as is.

And yeah, the card stock is amazing. I was passing the cards around when I first got them and everyone loved how the back of the cards felt.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new Anniversary set has lots of staples and is definitely worth getting to expand your collection. And the pre-built deck in it is actually pretty fun. When it first came out five out of the six people at our weekly open play sleeved it up and played it as is.

And yeah, the card stock is amazing. I was passing the cards around when I first got them and everyone loved how the back of the cards felt.
Oh cool! I didn't realize it also included a pre-built deck, I figured it was just the 200+ cards. Thanks for the heads up on that, now I'm definitely considering it, as I can see one local shop with it in stock.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
That photo looks like 6 different TCG. The art is all over the place.
Which photo? Despite the different artists I don't think it looks like different games though 🤔

Oh cool! I didn't realize it also included a pre-built deck, I figured it was just the 200+ cards. Thanks for the heads up on that, now I'm definitely considering it, as I can see one local shop with it in stock.
I should add the prebuilt deck is mostly just to have something playable but it's primarily for the reprints. Still a great buy and the foi promos are nice but probably less synergy than the actual precon deck products.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
A friend of mine offered me about 100 hand picked card from every FF XIV character and job he could find for my birthday. They are so effin' gorgeous.

I don't think I have the necessary cards to make a deck, let alone find people to play with but damn if they aren't pure eye candy

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
A friend of mine offered me about 100 hand picked card from every FF XIV character and job he could find for my birthday. They are so effin' gorgeous.

I don't think I have the necessary cards to make a deck, let alone find people to play with but damn if they aren't pure eye candy
Full art Minfilia ❤️

Hidden Hope cards. Really excited about the category VIII stuff.
VIII and Warrior of Darkness I'm interested in. Might make a low effort OT later 🤔

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017

I play a fire/lightning Scions deck that jams a lot of FFXIV characters in it and it rocks. The ones with Yusuke Mogi art are gorgeous.

Last edited:

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
After stumbling upon this thread I ordered a few full art FFXI cards. I really want that Cissnei! I wish I knew anyone that would play this locally but I might casually collect a few characters I like at least.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
After stumbling upon this thread I ordered a few full art FFXI cards. I really want that Cissnei! I wish I knew anyone that would play this locally but I might casually collect a few characters I like at least.
Whereabouts are you? Maybe some people do play 👀

And which XI cards? I have a fondness for the FA Blue Mage but some Prische and Arciela card are nice

Elster

Jun 6, 2021

And which XI cards? I have a fondness for the FA Blue Mage but some Prische and Arciela card are nice
I'm in AL, I looked around online but I don't think anyone really plays the closest store even selling packs is almost an hour away lol. I got FA cards of: Aphmau, Arciela, Puppetmaster (my main job hehe) and Lilisette I also got an Ovjang and Mnejing card, it wasn't full art but I loved the art and it felt right to get them to put next to Aphmau! I really want Prishe, the Blue Mage, Corsair and Mayakov full arts but they were a bit more than I wanted to spend atm.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
At least in my area the game seems to have died the only supported formats are Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemo, Magic, Lorcana, Star Wars Unlimited, and some one offs like the One Piece TCG, Murders at Karlov Manor, Ravnica, The Lost Caverns of Ixalan and LOTR for a pre release of random tournament.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
That Mayakov and Lilisette combo in my Dancer deck shuts stuff down. Lol

There's also August, Teodore, and Leafkin character full art cards. August and Teodore I know are pricey. Full art Curilla and Nanaa Mihgo are coming with the new set.

Whoa, now that I look, FFXI has quite a few full art cards.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Wow did this TCG not sell well at all? I have been looking back through the calendar to see when was the last time the store I go to (Top Cut Comics) held a Final Fantasy TCG event and I went as far as 2018 and didn't see anything.
I'm in AL, I looked around online but I don't think anyone really plays the closest store even selling packs is almost an hour away lol.
It's not very helpful but trying looking here:

FF Trading Card Game

Last edited:

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
That Mayakov and Lilisette combo I'm my Dancer deck shuts stuff down. Lol

There's also August, Teodore, and Leafkin character full art cards. August and Teodore I know are pricey. Full art Curilla and Nanaa Mihgo are coming with the new set.

Whoa, now that I look, FFXI has quite a few full art cards.
Yeah I want those Curilla and Nanaa Mihgo full arts BADLY
Wow did this TCG not sell well at all? I have been looking back through the calendar to see when was the last time the store I go to (Top Cut Comics) held a Final Fantasy TCG event and I went as far as 2018 and didn't see anything.

It's not very helpful but trying looking here:

FF Trading Card Game

I'll give it another look! I don't think it has sold badly exactly but it is extremely niche, like you most of the card games around me are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Lorcana

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it another look! I don't think it has sold badly exactly but it is extremely niche, like you most of the card games around me are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Lorcana
And you may not like the website but a lot of comic stores make use of it for TCG Events
So I suggest you got to Facebook type Final Fantasy TCG in the search bar and scroll down a bit and click on the Event tap on the left to see if you see anything local going on.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Made an OT so will just self-bump that from now on -

www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game OT | "Final Fantasy has a TCG?"

What is FFTCG? A physical trading card game, similtar to Magic the Gathering, Pokémon TCG, Yugioh, etc. What's it like? Great! Similar to Magic mechanically, at least more-so than other popular TCGs. Is there a digital version? No! Though some people play on OTCGN and Untap.in. So yes, this...

I'm in AL, I looked around online but I don't think anyone really plays the closest store even selling packs is almost an hour away lol. I got FA cards of: Aphmau, Arciela, Puppetmaster (my main job hehe) and Lilisette I also got an Ovjang and Mnejing card, it wasn't full art but I loved the art and it felt right to get them to put next to Aphmau! I really want Prishe, the Blue Mage, Corsair and Mayakov full arts but they were a bit more than I wanted to spend atm.
Oh yeah the puppet master is great. Also how could I forget Cherukiki. The Ice shantotto FA is also good.