Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
As6PlxC.png

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You all just need to hone your old school emoji talent from the AIM days. Observe.

:-) Smilie
;-) Wink
:-o Ooh!
@@@@@@@:-) Marge Simpson

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, though, dislike them or not it's a bad cool to not have them. Emojis are a standard now-a-days, it's like being against people posting gifs because you dislike them.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
emoji's and emoticons are just terrible and immature

no forum should have them
Nah, spamming them is immature, but they're fine when used in sparingly. They're great because sometimes it's hard to tell when someone is joking through text since we can't see each other or pick up on vocal cues. Emoji make it easier for people to express themselves. It has nothing to do with being immature.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ EMOJIS OR RIOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
If you're thinking of adding emojis could you use the Google blob ones?

I was totally devastated when they got rid of them.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I want y'all to picture E3 (or any other major event really).

Everyone has their eyes glued to the stream.

The bombs start falling.

Pages and pages of emojis as far as the eye can see.

Perhaps make "emoji only" posts un-postable, but if an emoji is within a post with at least 1 or 4 characters of text, let the system allow the post to be made. Is that possible?

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're thinking of adding emojis could you use the Google blob ones?

I was totally devastated when they got rid of them.

They're dependent on what browser/OS you're using to look at them.

The reason this version of XenForo can't use them is due to a MySQL limitation on storage for the version of MySQL it's built against, hence why embedding a tweet lets the forum display an emoji because it's not storing the tweet at any point.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best things this board has going for it is its simplicity. No need to clutter up the board with emoji junk. If you've got something to say, use your words.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps make "emoji only" posts un-postable, but if an emoji is within a post with at least 1 or 4 characters of text, let the system allow the post to be made. Is that possible?
I think ya'll are overthinking this. Was any of this ever a problem in the long forgotten lands of yesteryear? It wasn't a problem then and it won't be a problem now.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
Make the blob emojis the official Resetera mascot/emojis.. Give them poor charming bastards a new and loving home.

emoji_kiss_android.0.jpg

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make the blob emojis the official Resetera mascot/emojis.. Give them poor charming bastards a new and loving home.

emoji_kiss_android.0.jpg
i'd be okay with this, they're cute and this way they'll be kept alive, the problem is new emojis get added constantly and now that google has moved on to that horrible apple knock off design of emoji, there'll be no one to blobify the new emojis.