signal

Oct 28, 2017
Thank god. Great choice staff.

If you end up supporting them, please auto ban anyone using that clapping hands between words thing.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
☕️

why does this tea emoji work though :thinking:

EDIT: ☂️️ works too

EDIT2: and these ️⛑️☺️☹️‍♂️‍♀️✌️✋✊

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we're on version 2.0.

pP2nMVy.png

It seems to not be officially released yet. How long after its official release would ResetEra upgrade to it?

Oct 29, 2017

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Emojis, when used properly, can bridge the gap that is us not being in front of each other talking face to face. I support their use.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even use emoji that often and I don't get why they aren't supported. Is this just a personal choice that they aren't enabled?

So gifs and reaction images (which I use quite a bit) are acceptable thread clutter, but not emojis? Ok.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
i'd be okay with this, they're cute and this way they'll be kept alive, the problem is new emojis get added constantly and now that google has moved on to that horrible apple knock off design of emoji, there'll be no one to blobify the new emojis.

If a new forum can be made from scratch, why not make new blobs too?

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, I do not need emojis.

However, support for good old fashioned smileys would be rad.

Not an entire five-page library of them, just a bunch of ERA relevant custom ones. The more there are, the less I want them.

That other place had :D and :lol (SHUT UP IT SUPPORTED THEM), so those are kind of out, but a :reset smiley with the logo and a "this is resetera" banner could be nice.
Or maybe a :shower emoticon. Which would be just that, a small shower icon. Nothing else. No connection to anyone or anything.
Or how about an :OT one, a golden "OT" with sparkles. Maybe even animated!
Given how this forum came to be, a :chat emoji could work as well - can't very well use the discord moniker, but that one would probably be just the run of the mill smileys throwing words at each other.
Or a sorely needed :sarcasm or :spoilerffs? Whatever is needed for a normal discussion.

Nothing that can be abused, and if it is posted too often without accompanying content like the :lol smiley was, I have nothing against getting it nuked again.

Anything that is relevant to the forum in some way or other would be nice though. And, as a matter of personal preference, it should be rather lowres and pixely and roughly fit into a written post without creating huge gaps.

We had a thread with a collaborative pixel art image on the other forum, and remember there being some pretty damn nice submissions, so maybe we could create them as a community as we go along in a dedicated thread somewhere.

....since y'all insist we can also have :corporal. Jeez. Don't pressure me like that.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I want y'all to picture E3 (or any other major event really).

Everyone has their eyes glued to the stream.

The bombs start falling.

Pages and pages of emojis as far as the eye can see.

Man I hope this isn't actually the official reason to not have them.

GAF had emoji and it didn't cause anything near the old "lol" emoticons, which you can just mod around anyway.