Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'll post pictures tomorrow since it's late , but I have 2 wonderful dogs, a Pit/Pug mix named Brownie and a French Bulldog named Giorno. Getting them has certainly helped with the depression I've been dealing with. So what dogs does ERA have?

Here:

Last edited:

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
English bulldog! They're the best!

Mine is a rescue and fortunately doesn't have many of the health problems some of the more poorly bred ones do. It's a shame they have such a stigma because they're such amazing, loving dogs.

Here he is, all 90 pounds of him!
VY2uQDO.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Rescue greyhound.

ZCZ8Vc3.jpg

hpNCgEG.jpg

Despite what many think they're super chill dogs that just like to hang out and sleep.

Last edited:

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a boxer crossed kelpie and a pure bred Staffordshire. Beautiful dogs.

C56-C3-F52-AA72-4-B71-A418-6-B75-A8-A873-E9.jpg

Last edited:

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
We had two labs and a German shepard in my family growing up. If and when I get a bigger place I might adopt either a collie or a huskie.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Husky/German mix. My first dog, barring some otherworldly connection with another breed I can't see myself ever having anything besides a Shepard. The absolute best companion.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Currently have none.

Breeds I have had in the past (includes from when I growing up + adult life):

Deutscher Schäferhund x2 (English name: German Shepherd)
Dobermann x2
Bernhardiner (English name: St. Bernard) x1
Labrador x2

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
My last dog was a Great Pyrenees and she topped out at about 150lbs so it was an odd experience for me intially when my GF said she wanted a miniature poodle. I was resistant at first but after having him for a short while I realized they're incredibly smart breeds and my lil guy is super well behaved and knows all sorts of tricks. Plus what's not to love about him, he looks like a teddy bear!

He almost didn't make it after being the only pup born. No litter, and his mother kicked him off the milk after a couple of days. He didn't know how to eat so they had to put him on a 24hr hydration and liquid food diet. Problem was he was so small he got clots and struggled with that for weeks. Eventually he pulled through and he's been healthy as a tiny ox ever since. He's about two years old now and weighs around 4-5lbs. That's probably about as big as he'll get as well. This first pic was early on. I think he weighed around 2-3lbs here

Hopefully this posted alright. I'm doing so from my phone and it's the first time I've uploaded from phone/imgur/era and it's finicky and I don't know what I'm doing lol. It wouldn't just let me use the media insert I had to use the picture insert tool so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Blue nose pitbull and Old English sheepdog

(He had a professional photoshoot)

LWLE7dG.jpg
WZRJAWD.jpg

20181031_131824.jpg
First, those professional pics are great. I'm dying at how handsome and jovial that lil buddy is. Second your pit has those sad eyes I just love. I'd never harm a dog but I always joke around that when they look like they've been smacked on the nose is when they're the cutest lol

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
We got a Cavoodle (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel + Poodle) at the beginning of March and he's been an excellent addition to our family.
et2bidn.jpg

SZq5kLj.jpg

Love him!

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
I got two dogs:
A 9 year old Bichon Havannaise.
And an 18 months old mix between a pug and a mexican Xolo. Ugliest dog I've ever seen in my life.

I'd show pics but I don't have any of them online and I don't know how to mess with pics on mobile.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
What breed of dog would you all recommend for my parents who have never owned a pet before? I feel like a dog would be a nice addition to their lives. Don't worry I'm not gonna surprise them with one, just wondering what kinda dog would suit them though. What's a good doggy for older noobs?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
What breed of dog would you all recommend for my parents who have never owned a pet before? I feel like a dog would be a nice addition to their lives. Don't worry I'm not gonna surprise them with one, just wondering what kinda dog would suit them though. What's a good doggy for older noobs?
how old are they? do you think they could handle active breeds?

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017

adopt! , mutts are the best

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
60s/70s. Hmm, good question. They do like to go for walks, but I think an excitable dog might be too much for them lol. Also one of the reasons my mum never got a dog is her belief that they shed a ton of hair all over the place. :D
well, if they like walks but might not want a dog with a lot of energy and power (it could be dangerous for them until they are fully trained), a smaller breed is probably the best option.

poodles, papillons, cocker spaniels, corgis, shih tzu, and bulldogs (or mutt mixes of similar smaller dogs) would likely train up the fastest, though depending on the breed/mix/type they could have grooming needs that can be fairly intrusive.

more than anything, it comes down to the individual dog itself. If ever there's a situation where your parents might want a dog, do your best to convince them to adopt, and they might find a better fit on their own regardless of breed.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
well, if they like walks but might not want a dog with a lot of energy and power (it could be dangerous for them until they are fully trained), a smaller breed is probably the best option.

poodles, papillons, cocker spaniels, corgis, shih tzu, and bulldogs (or mutt mixes of similar smaller dogs) would likely train up the fastest, though depending on the breed/mix/type they could have grooming needs that can be fairly intrusive.

more than anything, it comes down to the individual dog itself. If ever there's a situation where your parents might want a dog, do your best to convince them to adopt, and they might find a better fit on their own regardless of breed.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

giphy.webp

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Owned the following breeds which have all now passed:

Blue Heeler
Golden Retriever
German Shepherd
Yellow Labrador

God all those dogs were fantastic and I miss them dearly.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

Blue Heeler
Golden Retriever
German Shepherd
Yellow Labrador

while i only have one dog now, I've owned a lot of different breeds

i really liked the two generations of Boxers i had, they were a handful but so sweet

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have a 2 year old black tri Australian shepherd and a 12 year old Red English Lab

Lab is named Tucker just cause and the Aussie is named Logan because he was born on the same day Logan the movie came out

Definitely want a Gordon Setter at some point

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
I've a golden mix. She's a rescue. We found her on the street with a broken paw and undernourished 3 years ago. We took her to the vet and brought her home. Now she's a chubby, always eating and playing. :)

vPzuoWH.jpg

RyhUxrc.jpg

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i forgot to post a photo of my Dixie

uwPjZSv.jpg

Last edited:

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Blue Heeler
Golden Retriever
German Shepherd
Yellow Labrador

You have excellent taste!

I train hundreds of dogs on pet containment fences each year and those blue healers are some of the most intelligent out there

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 10 year old Golden/Collie mix and a 2 year old Chow/Min Dauschund/Staffordshire mix. Both are big ol idiots and I love them

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Whipador (Whippet and black lab mix), a black lab, and my wife convinced me to adopt these two puppies we've been fostering. They're both black mouth curs.

We had a German pinscher/Rottweiler. She was the best. Better than all of these other dogs but I had to put her down last year because of cancer. It was awful. I miss her everyday. Her name was Georgia and she was the best.