• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I think they should be more respectful to the original "photo real" look and not push into the cartoon look of Retros games. The dark and the grit is part of that trilogy.

Last edited:

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good, if a little too "straightforward" in its translation of the original look to HD. Definitely well done.

Should have used the Smash remix for the music tho

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This actually looks quite good, color me surprised. I instantly dismiss this kind of videos when suggested by YT.

One look at their channel and I realize this is the same person who made a recreation of Sonic & Knuckles' Mushroom Hill that I remember being very impressed by years ago, nice. I think people are missing the point by pointing out that it's not good enough to replace the original or whatever because it's clearly a proof of concept, hobbyist project instead of an actual attempt to remake the game, and even if that was the case this wouldn't be a final build and it effectively looks good enough to pass as an alpha of an official remake, which is definitely a nice accomplishment.

Last edited:

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, wasn't expecting much since these fan remakes are usually way off the mark but that was really impressive.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phenomenal! I would buy this in an instant, I actually wish Retro's stuff looked more like this.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit of a bump, but this person is apparently continuing to remake DKC-related things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzozzAcUAuk

They say they aren't making a game, but it sure makes you imagine what could be.

This vid reminds me of how kinda dopey Rambi looks in Retro's games.

latest

He just always looked kind of off to me. I prefer his PAON incarnation, which is more faithful to his old Rare design.

rambi_05.png

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
This vid reminds me of how kinda dopey Rambi looks in Retro's games.

latest

He just always looked kind of off to me. I prefer his PAON incarnation, which is more faithful to his old Rare design.

rambi_05.png

Yeah I can see that. Paon did a good job acting as stewards of DKC characters before the revival.

I even enjoyed Barrel Blast.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How dare those people not be completely satisfied by, with few exceptions, competent-at-best fan takes on classic games.

They may be done with care and love, but they're almost never good. There's more to art, digital or otherwise, than drawing some generic textures and rendering a few servicable, recognizable, 3D models.

'Competent at best'? What the fuck. Do you even know what goes into this?
'Drawing some generic textures' 'Rendering a few serviceable, recognizable, 3D models.' ????

And why do you have so many posts in this thread if you have nothing positive to say? I wonder.