• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe in karma, but I do think that bad people generate bad vibes ... aka you're less likely to want to help or support a nasty person, and you'll go out of your way to help a kind person.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Bad Karma doesn't exist. But in my experience, some people change. There were people who used to pick on me during school and eventually I befriended them later on in life.

Believing in karma is actually somewhat dangerous, in my opinion. If you believe that people are just inherently bad and will suffer for their actions, you're going to hold grudges and never learn to accept their flaws.

Reputation, however, is a thing. I've seen first hand that how you treat people - and I mean deep connections - affects who comes to your aid and who leaves you for dead when shit hits the fan.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Uh this is not true cause girls like a$$hole$ and nice guys always finish last

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This definition of karma doesn't exist. Here's what karma actually means. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Sorry to hear about your current situation, though.

...what?

From your own link:

"...it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).[2] Good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and future suffering.[3][4]"

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Karma would be... If you were getting bullied, it would be karma for you having bullied other kids in your past life. So if karma was guna do anything to these assholes. It will be an unsuspecting innocent kid having bad things happen to them because of their foul deeds in this life. Karma sucks. Everyone should hope is doesnt exist.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, OP is serious. Okay then. If you believe in Karma, then you should know that it's extremely bad karma to wish harm on someone else's kids for their misdeeds. Don't be a hypocrite.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Mmmm, not gonna lie, your OP gave me a potential-school-shooter-about-to-snap kind of vibe. Not accussing or anything, just the first thing that came to mind.

On topic :Karma is just coĂŻncidence tho.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Karma does not exist, at least there is no evidence of it anyway.

Being nice does not mean nice things will happen to you and vice versa. You could be the nicest person on earth and bad things will still happen to you.

Jasup

Oct 25, 2017
Yurop
Sorry, but I have to ask this: what is "being too nice"? Could you clarify that?

There is a reason I ask this, not because to make fun of you OP, but the language you use does raise some suspicions and I want some more context.
Don't worry, I'm not a licensed psychologist.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Social capital is a thing and I guess is pretty much like karma. You treay people immediately around you, people will notice. Sucks to those that you will never encounter again tho.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It rains on the just and the unjust - Ancient Yorkshireman wisdom

yes i know it's from the bible

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Social capital is a thing and I guess is pretty much like karma. You treay people immediately around you, people will notice. Sucks to those that you will never encounter again tho.
That's just the law of averages, you be a dick enough times, another bigger dick will eventually come along and put you in your place.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah man..this shit ain't real, while we are at it, listen to some of the greatest 80's hit songs to make you feel more lighthearted:

OP
OP
Lurkyseas

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
my dude, it may not be a troll thread, but you're not going to convince anyone of the thread's premise unless you actually try to explain what you're saying and make a case for it

Examples:

Usually, I would be minding my own business, & try to make friends with people, but they don't want to be friends with me. They would usually call me names like retarded, special, etc. just because I was born autistic.

I even had a bully when I was in the 8th grade, & he had always threatened to beat me up for no real reason.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Closest thing to karma irl, but its still possible to get away will bullshit and nothing will ever happen to you or vice-versa.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Based on your op.

Maybe your bad experiences are karma from your pops being a bully? Would you accept that?

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Examples:

Usually, I would be minding my own business, & try to make friends with people, but they don't want to be friends with me. They would usually call me names like retarded, special, etc. just because I was born autistic.

I even had a bully when I was in the 8th grade, & he had always threatened to beat me up for no real reason.
right

and how were these people affected by karma?

unless you can show the universe magically punishing them for what they did, you haven't proven that bad karma exists

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Examples:

Not sure what this has to do with the concept of karma. People can be cruel, but their cruelty is not an assurance that they will ever "pay" for that cruelty.

Seems like you're wanting to vent for people being unkind and unaccommodating, which is fine, but it's not karma.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I've lived and learned throughout my life that karma doesn't exist. There are bad shits, I mean horrible fucking shits that has happened to people who are generous, friendly and always thinking of others.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Examples:

Okay troll thread didn't cross my mind at all before but this has to be one now. What does any of this have to do with bad karma existing, you just listed people doing bad without anything bad happening to them.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope you do not claim to be an atheist. Because while you don't claim to believe in the abrahamic god, the Karma you believe in is a god. And just like the abrahamic god, there is no evidence for its existence.

As far as we have observed there is no fundamental force of justice in this universe.

Also if there was a force which punished children for the wrongdoings of their parents as you claim it would not be just. It would be evil. (Imagine for instance that the hardship you are going through now has been brought about by a Karmic force for the actions of your parents before you were even born.)

Finally, what do you mean by "enough is enough"? People usually say that when they are planning to take some action?

Status
Not open for further replies.