• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Era should ban Reddit, Twitter and YouTube if this companies decided to allow, as theirs policy, the type of things 4chan allows.
I can assure you that if you report the type of content usually found on 4chan, sites like Twitter, Reddit and YouTube would delete and ban the responsible immediately.
Youtube comment section especially on alt-right and sexist videos is a shithole that'll make a seasoned 8chaner blush.

LasNochesGin

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
This is just delusional. Twitter has a giant community of nazis that they refuse to address, but its still a site full of other better people like artists that make their living there. We cant control shitheads that decide to leech off our living spaces, and their existence doesnt taint our works.
Last i checked Trump is still not banned.
I repeat:
The type of vile and unimaginable cruel content allowed in 4chan wouldn't ever be allowed on Twitter or Reddit. You can't possibly compare Trump subreddit with 4chan.
As a POC, I can't stand people normalizing a place where psychopaths merrily posts favorably about genocide, rape and shootings.

but this is only my opinion, as I'm more sensitive about this matter.

[ Edit ]
There is a difference in allowing content and failing to moderate offensive and criminal content

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I repeat:
The type of vile and unimaginable cruel content allowed in 4chan wouldn't ever be allowed on Twitter or Reddit. You can't possibly compare Trump subreddit with 4chan.
As a POC, I can't stand people normalizing a place where psychopaths merrily posts favorably about genocide, rape and shootings.

I repeat: the kind of vike nazi shit you see on there is 100% allowed on twitter because, as long as its not a direct threat on a specific individual, twitter does not care.

As a homosexual, i recognize sometimes spaces are tainted but still a neccessary sacrifice to deal with regardless of shitheads shitting it up because thats the internet and how it works.

LasNochesGin

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
I repeat: the kind of vike nazi shit you see on there is 100% allowed on twitter because, as long as its not a direct threat on a specific individual, twitter does not care.

As a homosexual, i recognize sometimes spaces are tainted but still a neccessary sacrifice to deal with regardless of shitheads shitting it up because thats the internet and how it works.
As I said in my edit comment, there's a difference. allowing criminal and extremely offensive content is what 4chan does. It's theirs policy to allow people talking all type of openly and violently racist bullshit.
YouTube and Twitter could fail to enforce theirs own policies, but they recognize that this type of content is inadmissible.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you get to interact with Daisy in the hub area.

jhDWq4b.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilariously amazing if true, the story sounds bonkers, far better than Doom 2016 in that regard. The release date can not come soon enough.

Oct 27, 2017
That would exp;lain the name of the game! Damn i gotta get this on release date now :) Shame about the no offending christians tough lmao.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If all WADs are canon, therefore stuff like HDoom...

41687560_318457752265889_8856014460301606912_n.jpg

...or Imp Encounter...

...or Sky May Be...

T8Feff3ehTUUvNj9hL9EG6-650-80.gif

...are now all canon? Interesting.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Accusations and Backseat Moderation Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Account in Junior Phase
I repeat:

[ Edit ]
There is a difference in allowing content and failing to moderate offensive and criminal content

Spot on. The fact that this hasn't been locked yet and Resetera openly celebrates the place (in that what was your favorite 4chan leak thread) shows me the mods don't give a shit, they want their news and clicks and are happy to promote alt right sources to get it.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if these fools realized they made Eric Harris of the Columbine massacre an official contributor to the Doom canon with this decision.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Spot on. The fact that this hasn't been locked yet and Resetera openly celebrates the place (in that what was your favorite 4chan leak thread) shows me the mods don't give a shit, they want their news and clicks and are happy to promote alt right sources to get it.

It's not locked because it's a thread about Doom, nothing else. Nobody talking about the leak is in agreement or collusion with 4chan. Stop trying to high and mighty "my morality is greater than yours" backseat mod.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
> According to the leaker, the angels are fantastical and contain no references to Christianity to avoid pissing off Christians and Atheists alike.

COWARDS. DEMONS GET RIP AND TEARED LEFT AND RIGHT BUT ANGELS GET SPECIAL TREATMENT?? DOUBLE STANDARD #RIPEQUALLY #TEAREQUALLY

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't view or support this leak, by doing so you are enabling alt righters on 4chan. I won't be responding in this thread, I just wanted to ask people here not to support these alt right/gamergate leaks.
I will respond to this accusatory comment. By spreading the name of the board you increase their popularity, especially when you advertise it as a place for "Videogame leaks". That leads people to seek it out, and for them to be introduced to an alt right training ground.
Resetera needs to think about banning any reference of 4chan. If you don't agree, you just need to enter /pol to see by yourself the type of wicked stuff that site allows to be said.
Yes, Era should ban Reddit, Twitter and YouTube if this companies decided to allow, as theirs policy, the type of things 4chan allows.
I can assure you that if you report the type of content usually found on 4chan, sites like Twitter, Reddit and YouTube would delete and ban the responsible immediately.
I repeat:

[ Edit ]
As I said in my edit comment, there's a difference. allowing criminal and extremely offensive content is what 4chan does. It's theirs policy to allow people talking all type of openly and violently racist bullshit.
YouTube and Twitter could fail to enforce theirs own policies, but they recognize that this type of content is inadmissible.

This ain't it fam.

Y'all could just ignore the thread or report it and let the mods decide if such content should be banned instead of you deciding for everyone because you don't like where the info was sourced from.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This had better not be some lame ass twist where Doomguy has been doing the demons bidding the entire time.
Doubt it. Hayden probably engineered the Demon invasion of Earth for whatever twistedly "pragmatic" reason, and Doomguy is naturally in opposition to it. Just like in 2016 when Hayden was so insistent that the exploitation of Hell energy was for

gxRojnG.gif

and Doomguy was like

28M8OpK.gif

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Static Ah, I had forgotten about that in 2016.

Is there a good refresher for the events from 2016? I doubt I'll have the time to replay it before Eternal hits.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
It's not locked because it's a thread about Doom, nothing else. Nobody talking about the leak is in agreement or collusion with 4chan. Stop trying to high and mighty "my morality is greater than yours" backseat mod.

OP blatantly advertised 4chan in the title and in the post, they didn't have to do that at all. They could've just bulletpointed the information. Just because you're OK with the Alt-right having a platform doesn't mean the rest of us should be.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So not reading spoilers as I dont want to be spoiled, but I just hope the metroidvania aspect is still strong with this game. I loved 2016 because it filled that metroid prime void in my heart :'c

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So not reading spoilers as I dont want to be spoiled, but I just hope the metroidvania aspect is still strong with this game. I loved 2016 because it filled that metroid prime void in my heart :'c
I'd be surprised if it weren't. I didn't think that Doom 2016 was a particularly strong example of Metroidvania stuff, with its very few mobility or unlocking mechanics and limited retreading, but if it scratched that itch for you, I bet Eternal does too. Especially with the inclusion of the grappling hook and climbing!

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP blatantly advertised 4chan in the title and in the post, they didn't have to do that at all. They could've just bulletpointed the information. Just because you're OK with the Alt-right having a platform doesn't mean the rest of us should be.
You're blatantly advertising a doxing site in your user name.

And for not replying you're pretty active.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
You're blatantly advertising a doxing site in your user name.

And for not replying you're pretty active.

I am aware of no such site, I'm a New Zealander that has used this name in games for decades. If my username is problematic I would certainly be open to changing it. I'm active now because I was sure the mods would lock a thread giving a platform to a known alt right haven, but since they haven't I wanted to respond to others in this thread that apparently have no problem giving alt righters a platform.

Googling Rogue Kiwi dox also provides no source, so I can only assume you are trying to draw attention away from this to discredit me by claiming falsities. Your intention for doing so is extremely worrying.