Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Mood:
IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED, ONE STOOD. BURNED BY THE EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON, HIS SOUL BLISTERED BY THE FIRES OF HELL AND TAINTED BEYOND ASCENSION, HE CHOSE THE PATH OF PERPETUAL TORMENT. IN HIS RAVENOUS HATRED HE FOUND NO PEACE; AND WITH BOILING BLOOD HE SCOURED THE UMBRAL PLAINS SEEKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THE DARK LORDS WHO HAD WRONGED HIM. HE WORE THE CROWN OF THE NIGHT SENTINELS, AND THOSE THAT TASTED THE BITE OF HIS SWORD NAMED HIM... THE DOOM SLAYER

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
My Mood:
In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, and those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Slayer

*BFG Division starts playing at full volume*

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I had the Collector's Edition preordered for a long time and was thinking about cancelling it, but I saw a recent unboxing video and it convinced me to keep it.
The Doom Slayer helmet looks really good, it'll be a nice display piece on my desk.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Oh god that launch trailer.... It's spoiler central but I'm so ready for this game... This is looking like GOAT material

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
My Mood:
IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED, ONE STOOD. BURNED BY THE EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON, HIS SOUL BLISTERED BY THE FIRES OF HELL AND TAINTED BEYOND ASCENSION, HE CHOSE THE PATH OF PERPETUAL TORMENT. IN HIS RAVENOUS HATRED HE FOUND NO PEACE; AND WITH BOILING BLOOD HE SCOURED THE UMBRAL PLAINS SEEKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THE DARK LORDS WHO HAD WRONGED HIM. HE WORE THE CROWN OF THE NIGHT SENTINELS, AND THOSE THAT TASTED THE BITE OF HIS SWORD NAMED HIM... THE DOOM SLAYER
*Music starts: BADAM TANAM TANAM BAMBAM TANAM TANAM TANAM BADAM

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That translates into "Every Twitch streamer on this planet will start 100% playthroughs on 19th moment they can".

Bethesda will sponsor shit out of streamer coverage.
Haha yeah. People will be speedrunning this game and doing no upgrade/starting weapon only runs before the rest of us can even play it.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yeah. Hope Rogan gets more developers to come on. He talks a lot about how much he used to love old PC shooters like Quake and Doom.
I think it was incredibly awkward and had next to no interesting content if you expected anything about Doom Eternal. Rogan might have played Quake in the past but he is obviously completely out of touch with the medium now. Easily more than half of the interview they talked about the corona virus, diets and workout routines. Topics which I am not interested in and Hugo Martin doesn't have anything interesing to say about. The rest was about either ancient games or where the industry might be headed next. Again, not very interesting. So no, I don't want Rogan to get more developers to come on, that was a waste of time. I assume id paid for this attempt at advertisement but I can't imagine it paying off.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I think it was incredibly awkward and had next to no interesting content if you expected anything about Doom Eternal. Rogan might have played Quake in the past but he is obviously completely out of touch with the medium now. Easily more than half of the interview they talked about the corona virus, diets and workout routines. Topics which I am not interested in and Hugo Martin doesn't have anything interesing to say about. The rest was about either ancient games or where the industry might be headed next. Again, not very interesting. So no, I don't want Rogan to get more developers to come on, that was a waste of time. I assume id paid for this attempt at advertisement but I can't imagine it paying off.

Yeah i kinda tuned out and shut it off after they played one of the trailers and he described Mick Gordon's soundtrack as "this annoying noise and stuff but the graphics look great" and then went on about how he doesn't play games or anything... lmao

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Well I've yet to listen to it but to each their own. I still enjoy Rogan's podcast and can't wait to play Eternal.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Wasn't there some issue with the classic Doom games on Switch and needing a Bethesda.net account to play them? I only ask because according to the packaging of the PS4 version of Doom Eternal it's required you need a Bethesda account and for it to be linked. It's not optional either.

Also minimum storage on PS4 required is 55GB.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Hey does anyone know if the X version will support keyboard and mouse? I ask because it will look better than what my pc can produce but would rather kbm control.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there some issue with the classic Doom games on Switch and needing a Bethesda.net account to play them? I only ask because according to the packaging of the PS4 version of Doom Eternal it's required you need a Bethesda account and for it to be linked. It's not optional either.

Also minimum storage on PS4 required is 55GB.
This has basically been my question too, except regarding Steam. Can anyone confirm that the Bethesda account requirement prevents you from starting the campaign without signing in?

Also, does the Bethesda account requirement cause your copy of the game to be linked with only one Steam username, so that Family Sharing won't work?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
This has basically been my question too, except regarding Steam. Can anyone confirm that the Bethesda account requirement prevents you from starting the campaign without signing in?

Also, does the Bethesda account requirement cause your copy of the game to be linked with only one Steam username, so that Family Sharing won't work?

In Rage 2 and WolfYb, linking a Bethnet account is necessary only if you want to redeem promo items, such as pre-order bonuses. I imagine Doom Eternal will be the same.

Edit: And both support Family Sharing.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why is this game so expensive on Steam? £50 for the base game? £75 for the deluxe edition?

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I see the base game for 60euro, that's pretty standard on steam, with the exception of some japanese publishers who love 70euro standard editions even on PC. The deluxe edition is 90euros. Sucks I can't get the steam version on greenmangaming or anywhere else, if I want Steam, I need to pay more.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i pre ordered the 'physical' PC version for like $45 US on amazon. assumed it would be a steam key but hmm perhaps that's the catch, gotta use beth launcher

sucks but whatever i guess

Last edited:

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
No hype for me because the RTX additions wont be out for awhile. Who knows how long since they haven't even started on ray tracing support, could easily be 6+ months, maybe even a year as they said they want to do something special and not just typical support.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for this. Wont bother listening to that then.

Nov 8, 2017
No hype for me because the RTX additions wont be out for awhile. Who knows how long since they haven't even started on ray tracing support, could easily be 6+ months, maybe even a year as they said they want to do something special and not just typical support.

My money is a patch dropping for next gen systems that will feature some RT stufd, but it could hit PC sooner ofc.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Might get this game on my Struggle Xbox One solely because I have the Elite controller and playing DOOM with the paddles is so much fun.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

The music is just ...

original.jpg

This is too much holy shit

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I am looking forward to the HDR implementation of the game. The colorful neon look should be a great fit for wide color gamut... are there any impressions for this yet? I am on blackout, so I did not watch many gameplay videos...

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Oh yes my very cool PC that can run everything and all the things. Let me show you my very cool PC.

It's in the basement hold on...

25d.gif

before you ask, that Elite controller was a gift :(

lol, your wording made it sound like you were deciding what system to buy Doom on, with the Elite controller being the deciding factor.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
I'm below minimum spec for this but hoping against hope that it'll scale nice like. We will see.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't previous Bethesda net releases have some serious issues with pre-loading not working correctly? Hopefully they have fixed the issues for this release.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Highly recommended and may well have been posted earlier in the thread, but Noclip's three-part documentary series on the evolution of Doom 2016 from the failed Doom 4 CoD style reboot to the success it was is fascinating.

Really gets you in the mood for Friday, and also interesting to see how their design philosophies may have altered slightly (presence of other humans/third person cutscenes etc)

I've been playing DooM3 and 2016 on my Switch the last few days. Would love to squeeze in a Sigil playthrough before then, but it's a busy few days.