• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm still on the 2nd week, any tips for early gold making?

Growing crops take too long, maybe selling ores? And what should I do with these fossils?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still on the 2nd week, any tips for early gold making?

Growing crops take too long, maybe selling ores? And what should I do with these fossils?
Yeah, I'm selling ores that are too high level for my current upgrade and fossils currently to make some money while waiting for a big (hopefully, I'm feeding them the good stuff) strawberry harvest. Fingers crossed that this won't come back to bite me. I heard you should not sell the blue gear (junk) item from reading forums so I'm saving those. If I have extra time I also forage around for shells, mushrooms, tree fruits and so on to get a little extra.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Silly question but I assume the German physical edition would have english as an option just like all the other physical EU releases? I only ask since the German version seems to have a different rating logo then the copy on Amazon Spain/Italy and would prefer to import it from Amazon Germany due to it being the cheapest of the 3 and for Amazon Germany having native /official english option for the storefront unlike Amazon Spain/Italy should in the rare case something go wrong with the order and need to contact support.

Also it's somehow cheaper to import the physical edition from EU, shipping and all, then it is to buy it directly from the NA eshopšŸ˜…

Oct 28, 2017
Does the NA version have English voice acting or did they skimp on it and just translate the text?
Only the text is localized, but you should know that the game is not fully voice acted. The voice work that is present is pretty much the English equivalent of "hey" "oh man" and other catchphrases and grunts and groans. Since the Doraemon anime never took off here, it seems pretty reasonable to leave in the minimal Japanese lines.

On another note, I've found out that this game for some reason does not allow you to switch controllers while playing, which makes it a hassle to use my 8bitdo. Normally when I'm playing a game, I turn on the console with a joycon and then immediately switch to the SN30 Pro, but there's no "hit the L + R buttons on the controller you want to use" popup while Doraemon Story of Seasons is active. I've been working around that by going into the controller submenu every time I want to play a couple of days in game, but it is pretty annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy today. It came with a seed pack. At first, I thought it was an in game item, but they are actual seeds.

Z7FDewa.jpg

Y1sc1sf.jpg

kmrleB0.jpg

where get? Play Asia?

Sephirod

Oct 27, 2017
I'm french and have an euro physical version - don't know from which country (spain I guess cause doraemon is very popular there ) the back of the box doesn't specify.

Amusingly : The Eu importer is based in Lyon, France, even though there is no physical release in France.

I have almost finished the first season, game is great so far. It's gorgeous and if you've played an harvest moon game you'll be right at home.

There are little events depending on where you go during the day - and it progresses the story from time to time.

Tip : when you can upgrade your tools, you can do it right away. The blacksmith upgrades the tool instantly and gives it back to you.

In other games, I seem to remember he kept it one day or two, and you couldn't water your crops for a while. So it made sense to wait for the end of season to upgrade.

Only criticism so far : the sound Noby makes while using tools is a bit high pitched and repetitive, so I made the voices quieter in the options. That solved the problem.

Hey fellow french, if you could drop me a link or something to buy it physical in my Inbox, that would be fantastic !
Thank you

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the demo, but it's kinda not helpful. They drop you in the middle of the game, and half the places you try to explore force you into cutscenes. Then the demo is over before you can really form an opinion.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Only the text is localized, but you should know that the game is not fully voice acted. The voice work that is present is pretty much the English equivalent of "hey" "oh man" and other catchphrases and grunts and groans. Since the Doraemon anime never took off here, it seems pretty reasonable to leave in the minimal Japanese lines.

On another note, I've found out that this game for some reason does not allow you to switch controllers while playing, which makes it a hassle to use my 8bitdo. Normally when I'm playing a game, I turn on the console with a joycon and then immediately switch to the SN30 Pro, but there's no "hit the L + R buttons on the controller you want to use" popup while Doraemon Story of Seasons is active. I've been working around that by going into the controller submenu every time I want to play a couple of days in game, but it is pretty annoying.
Are you on PC? Yeah, the game won't let you to switch controllers or turn one on in the middle of the game. My DS4 will turn off automatically if it's idle for about 15 minutes. And when it does, I have to restart the game to continue playing.

Also, thanks for the tips on money. I've also heard about that junk tips before.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
This looks interesting but I'm kinda confused why it's Doremon. Kinda seems like this was another game at some point then Doremon & Nobitoa got slapped into it. Still, the art looks charming as hell.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What are these treasure chests in furnishing category? Can I use them as a storage or they're just for show?

6S2gXXS.jpg

I've been thinking of the best storage that goes well with the free Nobita furnitures.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
This looks interesting but I'm kinda confused why it's Doremon. Kinda seems like this was another game at some point then Doremon & Nobitoa got slapped into it. Still, the art looks charming as hell.
Apparently this game was purposed by a producer at Bandai Namco. As he want to make a Story of Season game with Doraemon story telling.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

There are new Doraemon games every year so it is not that confusing if they decided to try a genre they never tackled. And from the sounds of it gadgets are in so I don't think the franchise was just slapped in. The art matches newer Doraemon art style as well.

Still wait for my hard copy. Should be receiving over the next 2,3 days.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like impressions here and on Reddit are relatively positive, which means I'm probably about to drop fifty dollars on a life sim where I'm forced to inhabit the character of a dopey fourth-grade boy.

Sigh.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Apparently this game was purposed by a producer at Bandai Namco. As he want to make a Story of Season game with Doraemon story telling.
And it does work great.

It feels like one of those Doraemon adventure movies, but there's no real enemy threat so far. Instead, we're dealing with a big mystery in here. It's interesting so far.

Is there seriously no stamina bar?
There is. You can see the stamina bar in the "Status" menu. Nobita will also show fatigue clues everytime the stamina bar reaches certain threshold, like wiping his face, etc.

Oct 28, 2017
Are you on PC? Yeah, the game won't let you to switch controllers or turn one on in the middle of the game. My DS4 will turn off automatically if it's idle for about 15 minutes. And when it does, I have to restart the game to continue playing.

Also, thanks for the tips on money. I've also heard about that junk tips before.
Nintendo Switch actually. At least it has cross platform consistency in sucking re: conrollers.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
There is a demo for this on Eshop! I just started downloading it!
I found it a bit difficult to make a purchase decision based off the demo, though. They drop you into the game a bit later when you have all your tools and some crops started. And it seems like you run into a lot of cutscenes while trying to explore the region. Then you get to the end of the demo. They only give you like 3-4 in-game days. About an hour or so.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Anyone know where & when to fish for marlins as gifts for Sandy?
Found this info in a discord channel:

How to catch Marlin
1. Wait until Summer, because it's Summer only fish.
2. Go to the ocean between 06:00~11:59, in other words, A.M. only.
3. Marlin is a big fish, so don't bother to pull out your fishing rod if you only see small or medium fishes shadow. Pull only when it's a big fish shadow.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks super cute but I couldn't really get into the last story of seasons / rune factory games. Stardew Valley spoiled me hard. I might buy this one in a sale someday though because I love farming games. I still have My life at Portia on Gamepass to try out, too.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So the Anywhere Door is for fast travel, perfectly executed lol. Doraemon is really a perfect match for this franchise.

zMnN0a2.jpg

I've spent 11 hours in the game already. It's so addicting, just one more day!

Deleted member 59

Played the demo, loved it. visuals are legit gorgeous. Wish there was a physical release in UK. Gonna have to wait for a sale because I'm not spending Ā£45 on a digital release!

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone found any stamina upgrades?

edit: got it, the doctor sells them. Very pricey though, starts at $8000 for a 5 point stamina increase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Has anyone found any stamina upgrades?

edit: got it, the doctor sells them. Very pricey though, starts at $8000 for a 5 point stamina increase.
Oh, is that the permanent stamina upgrade? I've been wondering about it, thanks.

So how bad is the early-game grind here? Better or worse than in Stardew?
There's an easy way to farm gold early on: fishing. You can net up to 3k gold per day. Standard rod with fine groundbite on the seashore.

cersei

Dec 14, 2017
Is there a way to rotate your furniture when placing it inside your house? I removed all mine to replace it with the free Noby furniture, but I can't figure out how to rotate it at all.

SugarRiot

Jun 8, 2018
Adelaide, Australia
I have my copy arriving tomorrow, can't wait. For those that are interested, here in Australia it got a physical release. I don't know about postage cost but the game itself is going for ~$45 usd on mightyape who are very reputable.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I was initially hesitant on making the purchase because I have zero familiarity with Doraemon. I am, however, an avid Harvest Moon fan. (Been playing since the original back in '96)

Took the plunge and I gotta say, the game is fantastic! I spent most of the afternoon playing. There are a lot of definite quality of life improvements over the last couple of games in the series I've played.

My only complaint is how heavy on the dialogue the game decides to be. It takes about an hour just to get started, but it's been great since.

Highly recommended for anyone on the fence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just caught the Marlin fish, yay~! That's one quest out of the way.

I was initially hesitant on making the purchase because I have zero familiarity with Doraemon. I am, however, an avid Harvest Moon fan. (Been playing since the original back in '96)

Took the plunge and I gotta say, the game is fantastic! I spent most of the afternoon playing. There are a lot of definite quality of life improvements over the last couple of games in the series I've played.

My only complaint is how heavy on the dialogue the game devices to be. It takes about an hour just to get started, but it's been great since.

Highly recommended for anyone on the fence.
Yes, the opening is pretty long. But after it's out of the way, it's full gameplay and you'd want to see more dialogue lol.

There are a lot of cutscenes too in here that will only trigger after certain requirement(s) are met, just like usual.

Oct 28, 2017
Too Long Openings are a staple of the Bokumono franchise at this point
Definitely. Trio of Towns was almost refreshing with how you could opt out of every basic farming skill tutorial, especially after Story of Seasons five days of hell. I'm pretty sure the last time I started a new file in 3oT it took me less than 20 minutes to have autonomy. I really hope that SoS: FoMT throws us to the wolves immediately in keeping with the original game.

Doraemon x SoS is progressing. I got the bigger backpack but haven't had a chance to play since then. Looking forward to mining more now that it won't shut me down for having a variety of items in my bag.

Oct 25, 2017
After installing/playing/uninstalling the demo twice and then convincing myself I'd wait for reviews before making a final decision, I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and embrace my new identity as a small Japanese schoolboy.

Three and a half hours later, and I'm convinced I made the right choice. In a perfect world I'd still prefer this to not have the Doraemon license attached to it, but the writing is a lot sharper and less juvenile than I expected. And those vibes! Thanks to the gorgeous art style, this is easily the coziest life sim I've ever played outside of Animal Crossing.

Can't wait to binge this all day tomorrow. This fourth-grader needs to up his property value, stat!

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yup, this is what you can expect from the writing.

2871DD382AE06D102E2125E8F7E09018650A240F

Yes, you're playing a 4th grader but the writing is not childish at all. And the localization is good.