KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So when does everyone expect her book about the harrowing experience working in the Trump adminstration?

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah no pass for you. You should have called it out at the time. It's too late now.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It must be a difficult situation to be in. Even beyond protecting your career I'm sure it just isn't in some people's nature to be confrontation or combative, then the moment passes.

She lent Trump her credibility, and Fauci let his words get away from him which is still fueling anti-mask rhetoric. I have very little respect for either of them on this.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
When good people do nothing, they're bad.
This. Shit isn't hard to understand. People died not just because of Trump's inaction but silence from individuals like her. Speaking up now when fear of retribution is off the table doesn't make one a hero. People like her shouldn't act like they were the adults in the room when they didn't act responsibly like an adult would.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
180ea7792da2151bc12fc09c2b89aaeb.gif

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Lot of people knew Hitler was doing some bad shit too. Should have said something when it would have made a difference.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet she just stood by and did nothing. She could've quit.
I think the doctors Fauci/Birx/etc were doing work behind the scenes and eventually just got muzzled when the virus didn't go away.
That's my only rationale why Fauci didn't quit, you can't do anything media-wise (interviews), but you can do work for the CDC or help coordinate stuff.
Also dumping this on someone else or a full drumpf acolyte would have been a full blown disaster.
Imagine if Scott Atlas or Dr. Oz was on the original team
I'm not excusing her non-action but it seems like the outcomes choices were between "awful" and "disaster"

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Just another cynical POS. Say nothing until you are fired then complain about Trump by going on TV/writing a book.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
We know it was my pillow guy but she never said a word. Even getting fired would have saved her credibility hell maybe have spot with the new admin for her courage.

But no. Let the king douche lie to the people and stand back. What kinda bullshit defense is this?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the doctors Fauci/Birx/etc were doing work behind the scenes and eventually just got muzzled when the virus didn't go away.

Fauci, yes. Birx, no. She consistently praised and supported Trump while he spewed lies. Fauci broke off and disagreed with Trump, that's why he was muzzled while Birx was allowed to keep talking bullshit.

She had an opportunity to help save lives and she instead chose to help her career. To hell with her.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I am sympathetic to the idea that she needed to blow smoke up his ass a little to keep her job and to curry favor and get her message out, but a) not to the degree she did it and b) not for as long as she did it. I hope it was worth it for her.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am sympathetic to the idea that she needed to blow smoke up his ass a little to keep her job and to curry favor and get her message out, but a) not to the degree she did it and b) not for as long as she did it. I hope it was worth it for her.
The balance was Fauci, but even he got sick of it after a bit.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you validated shit that got people killed. If there was real justice she would be in jail

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's amazing how many people inside that administration were fucking cowards that either have come out after the fact that Trump was bad, or had done so less than a week before he was out of office. So much backtracking, playing the victim, etc. It's absolutely disgusting.
Just like all the GOP senators that only speak up after they retire or are voted out of office.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Rest assured, if Trump won a second term, she'd still be there towing the company line.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, that gal.
Dr. "[Trump is] so attentive to the scientific literature & the details & the data. I think his ability to analyze & integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit" Birx.

Yeah sure.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that gal.
Dr. "[Trump is] so attentive to the scientific literature & the details & the data. I think his ability to analyze & integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit" Birx.

Yeah sure.

She really said this shit? Jesus CHRIST

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
Lol, even the way she describes it as 'a parallel set of data' rather than straight up saying they were lying. She is a mess. This should have been revealed when he was still in power, just shows what her true colours really are.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
There's a reason Trump pushed away Fauci and kept Birx around. She's a BS artist. Trump's type.

I felt there was something off about her the first few press conferences. I'm sure I can find it in my post history here.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Yeah and she stayed quiet and useless until he was out of office. Complicit jackass. Could have followed Fauci's lead, chose to toe the company line instead. As a fellow physician I am completely disappointed with her.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
She's a coward and put her job over people's health. She probably thinks she's brave for coming forward now. She is not.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So what should she have done exactly? Get fired in a blaze of glory on national tv saying drumpf is a fucking idiot and a liar during those COVID press briefings
Fucking love this lazy style of discussion that the internet propagates. "The only alternative is the most extreme and intense version possible!!!!!! Does that sound good to you!?!?!?!?!?!"

This is especially embarrassing when you have the easy example of Dr. Fauci directly adjacent to her. He didn't call trump a moron because he wanted to keep his job, but he never agreed with any of trump's stupidity nor did he go on air to cup trump's tiny, likely rancid smelling balls about how smart and handsome he is like birx did. At most, he said they are exploring possibilities and he wants to do tests to verify the effectiveness of the different treatments, while still pushing on the importance of creating a reliable and safe vaccine.

Birx is an enabling coward. There's looking for the good in people, and then there is denial. And you, are in denial.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking love this lazy style of discussion that the internet propagates. "The only alternative is the most extreme and intense version possible!!!!!! Does that sound good to you!?!?!?!?!?!"

This is especially embarrassing when you have the easy example of Dr. Fauci directly adjacent to her. He didn't call trump a moron because he wanted to keep his job, but he never agreed with any of trump's stupidity nor did he go on air to cup trump's tiny, likely rancid smelling balls about how smart and handsome he is like birx did. At most, he said they are exploring possibilities and he wants to do tests to verify the effectiveness of the different treatments, while still pushing on the importance of creating a reliable and safe vaccine.

Birx is an enabling coward. There's looking for the good in people, and then there is denial. And you, are in denial.

So she should have just done what Fauci did?
How would that have changed anything?
All it would have done is sped up drumpf finding another puppet like Atlas.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this complicit bitch. Her cowardice cost hundreds of thousands of lives and now she's trying to absolve herself of her failures!
She was a part of the propaganda machine. She could have helped a whole lot by not saying shit like this!

www.vox.com

Deborah Birx praised Trump as attentive to scientific literature and details. Nope.

The White House coronavirus task force coordinator’s latest TV interview raises questions about her credibility.

EsgYxc5VcAEBgVm

She really said this shit? Jesus CHRIST
Here's the link for ya

Last edited:

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is the difference in result between a collaborator and someone who's indistinguishable from a collaborator?

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, I can understand and sympathy as she is a woman, and god knows how toxic the republican base is when it comes to women. She basically tries to save herself from the harassment, death threats, and other shit.

On the other hand, lady you are a doctor, currently, there are around 400,000 dead US citizens, and it doesn't help that you enable that orange piece of shit.

I know she stuck between a rock and a hard place but she is a doctor.
Jezzzz
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. She deserves a certain amount of sympathy. I'd be afraid from my life in her position.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
The "It's not my fault" argument doesn't work here.

Unfortunately by the time the country fully comes to grips with what happened during Trump's administration a lot of the perpetrators will have died from old age.

She really needs to brush up on the Nuremberg Trials.