• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
If Nintendo is announcing a Direct for a mobile game, then it's clear they're taking this Cygames partnership very seriously.

After all, Fire Emblem Heroes is no failure and Cygames has clear talent behind games like Granblue Fantasy and Shadowverse.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're really giving us everything but a normal one lmaooo
It'll almost certainly be mid September, they seem to be pretty closely matching the same direct schedule they had last year, give or take a month, and they had a general Direct on Sepetember 13th. for example in 2017 we had a February Nindies direct, an April general direct, the June E3 Direct, the July Splatoon direct, and a late August Nindie direct. all of these match up within a month to a direct of the same style (nindie, general, or game specific) in 2018.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Good. I'm excited to hear more about this, and it's nice that we're getting spoiled with all of these Directs lately.

I feel like this is all about to culminate in a Switch/3DS Direct. Literally, everything else is getting one besides them. Indies even got two in a row.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd laugh so hard if the next Direct after this one was ONLY focused on the online service, and that was the only direct for September XD

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Is this the first mention ever of this game?

I wonder if it'll be eShop/iOS release like Pokémon Quest.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Nintendo + Cygames is a match made in heaven.

Please announce the game will be out tomorrow :P

Edit: Bah, the release date is right there, haha. Good enough.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty clear what Nintendo is doing. They're building up to the big general direct by giving us small directs here and there. They're teasing the fans—they're leading up to the BIG one, boys.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
It's perfectly fine for Nintendo to sell mobile games, because that means they'll have more money to invest in real ones. *evil grin*

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They don't call the North American indie highlight videos Directs either. By that logic, there are two Directs this month alongside two non-Direct showcases. That is correct, by the way.

That was what I was getting at, hah. The Nindies ones aren't actually Directs, yes.

Is this the first mention ever of this game?

I wonder if it'll be eShop/iOS release like Pokémon Quest.

Announced since April; looks like info's been drip fed out for the past few months about the characters and world. But I think the US release being simultaneous might be news? There's not even an English site.

This is probably a more typical gacha game and not the Pokemon mobile + console/handheld model where you can hit an IAP limit for everything, I'd assume...? So I'd think only mobile.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though the game looked very generic I was really lookolo forward for more information .let's hope it's interesting

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
So much Direct, are they overcompensating for that one time people thirsted for Direct so much a Chibi-robo burned down the internet?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hope the game looks fun. the first trailer made the game look pretty cookie cutter

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
It's not global. It's US, Japan, HK, Taiwan, and Macau. That leaves out all of SE Asia, South Korea, Europe, and Australia. It took FE Heroes almost 10 months from the initial launch to expand to the rest of Asia, so hopefully the turn around is faster here.
It originally wasn't supposed to launch in the US when it first came out, so they did speed up at least one part of the process.

Not sure if that will extend to the others.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to this game, one of my most anticipated mobage game this year.

Byakura

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
oh dope, been looking forward to hearing more about this. It's pretty late too so there's no chance I'll miss it.

I hope the role out to other countries is (relatively) quick. Sucks to see the U.S. on there but their neighbor to the north Canada not mentioned.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see how a crossover between Nintendo and Cygames turns out. Don't know if I will have time for it though as I am playing Girls Frontline now...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first ever Mobile Direct? I'm trying to remember if Pokémon GO or Miitopia had one.

Edit: Animal Crossing did get one.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been almost a year since the launch of nintendo's Last mobile game.
Dragalia lost required a new partnership and a different developer.

Seems a bit weird, but I guess it would be nice if this relationship resulted in anything

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Now we know it's coming next month. I'm talking about prior to this announcement unless they announced the released date and I missed it.
Well they announced the game with artwork designs, gameplay and story details, there's a trailer of actual gameplay and so on. There was even a release roadmap for the game. So it was clearly coming before the game which only has a title announced (which might be changed even), and no other details.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
It's been almost a year since the launch of nintendo's Last mobile game.
Dragalia lost required a new partnership and a different developer.

Seems a bit weird, but I guess it would be nice if this relationship resulted in anything
They seriously need to put more resources in mobile; it's abysmal that their output is so bad.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well they announced the game with artwork designs, gameplay and story details, there's a trailer of actual gameplay and so on. There was even a release roadmap for the game. So it was clearly coming before the game which only has a title announced (which might be changed even), and no other details.
Yoshi got a gameplay demo at E3 and Kirby didn't, yet Kirby is out and Yoshi is nowhere to be seen. You never know what can happen.

Mario Kart Tour was announced January 31. I think it's reasonable to expect a little more news by now.