• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi got a gameplay demo at E3 and Kirby didn't, yet Kirby is out and Yoshi is nowhere to be seen. You never know what can happen.

Mario Kart Tour was announced January 31. I think it's reasonable to expect a little more news by now.
We literally didn't hear/see anything about Animal Crossing Pocket Camp until its direct, and the game released like the very next day in Australia.

And unlike Kirby and Yoshi, Dragalia Lost was always planned for Summer, while Mario Kart Tour was planned to launch by March 2019.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We literally didn't hear/see anything about Animal Crossing Pocket Camp until its direct, and the game released like the very next day in Australia.

And unlike Kirby and Yoshi, Dragalia Lost was always planned for Summer, while Mario Kart Tour was planned to launch by March 2019.
Ok. I'm not even making a big deal about it. I made a comment and it was a throwaway comment. I'm not even mad or care about it like this lol. When more info comes then it comes.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the trailer multiple time and gotta say it looks really disappointing. I expected Nintendo to go for a better genre than chibi action game

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it came out of nowhere but it's finally here. It'll be interesting to see more of the game and nice that it has a date already.

Three directs in a single month is weird, man.

We had only two directs counting on this one. The other two aren't named directs because they are western productions. It's why it's called nindies/indies showcase.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, it's about time we get info on this. Glad it looks like the US version will be released simultaneously with JP.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, I've already started getting my bingo checklist ready. Here's a sneak peek:

- Mildly fun yet shallow gameplay that will constantly be cut short by a stamina timer
- An obnoxious upgrade system that will demand you endlessly grind for materials
- A worthless currency you're given huge quantities of alongside a premium currency that will be doled out in meager amounts
- A predatory gacha machine that will be your only means of obtaining good characters and will swiftly deplete your premium currency

"The game will be deleted from my phone within a week" will be the free space of course.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Gacha games are fun to me, so I'm excited for this. The only issue is finding enough time to play another. Regardless, I will make the necessary requirements! ...Assuming the game is enjoyable, of course.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Very interested in this. I know next to nothing about it.

Deku

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the character art, but the in-game models seem a bit lacking. Interested to see more.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Next up: Nintendo announces a general direct... focusing on 3DS titles only, such as the Luigi's Mansion port and the Bowser's Inside Story remake.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh boy, I've already started getting my bingo checklist ready. Here's a sneak peek:

- Mildly fun yet shallow gameplay that will constantly be cut short by a stamina timer
- An obnoxious upgrade system that will demand you endlessly grind for materials
- A worthless currency you're given huge quantities of alongside a premium currency that will be doled out in meager amounts
- A predatory gacha machine that will be your only means of obtaining good characters and will swiftly deplete your premium currency

"The game will be deleted from my phone within a week" will be the free space of course.

Needs "way to interact with the switch" or something.

Also "no smash bros mention why do you people want smash bros everywhere"

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Fire Emblem Heroes only has the last one, but even then, some top units were free, and any unit can be potentially free.
So there's hope.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I typically enjoy Cygames' output so I'm interested in what this partnership will bring us. Hopefully the gameplay is solid.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Cygames makes good shit; I expect this to be interesting, even if the art feels generic.

On another note, the next Direct will be about the online service. Book it. Maybe in a week or two.

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
Meh. Not matter how hard Nintendo tries, it's still difficult to get hyped about something with such a generic af look.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
FEH isn't enough for the both of us, eh?

For Dragalia I am going f2p though. I tried making a secondary Feh account but it was too much.

I'm literally playing Azur Lane as I type this, haha. Grinding for Kaga, why won't you come home!? I already have Akagi. :/

I couldn't get into it. There were too many timers and it stressed me out. Also, touch analog stick.

I hope Dragalia Lost takes lessons from Shadowverse and Feh. I would probably enjoy Shadowverse but it feels way to late to jump in.

Meh. Not matter how hard Nintendo tries, it's still difficult to get hyped about something with such a generic af look.

I like it way more than some of the incongruous Feh art. Raven, Arthur, and Hector come to mind. But we shall see tomorrow.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's Cygames so I want to be interested but so far it looked very generic.
Also sad it's not launching in Europe at the same time, I'd hate separate server and what it means for events.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
First trailer looked fun to me, but I'm a sucker for the look. Excited for the Direct, as I know nothing of the game other than it's look.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
If the question is "Is the game coming the same day in the US and Canada?" the answer seems to be no.
Yes that was my question because I'm wondering how limited this launch actually is. It appears to be far more limited that it originally seemed. Thanks for checking.

- No Canada
- No South America
- No Europe at all
- No Australia
- Most of Asia is excluded

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Nintendo seem to be deliberately blue balling his fans expecting a general direct. Pretty funny. Though I'm more into Indies and last weeks have been awesome in that regard.
As for mobile gaming, i really have no interest in that but we can't complain that Nintendo's trying to make some greens with such a big market.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Ah, they're giving the middle finger for any European watchers huh? This will be in the middle of the night over here.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes there's been a full trailer with gameplay footage and cutscene footage for months now.

Sweet, thank you! I'll check it out.

Edit: lol my Japanese is limited at best but the very first phrase is so generic I actually understood it. Game looks like fun with great production values, I want to see more of it.