Status
Not open for further replies.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
The bonus for having an elemental weapon is pretty huge. I thought the same thing, only with Lily. But then I made the 4* Water weapon even though it had the defense buff skill and saw the damage on my attack skills go up by about 1,000 damage each.

Yeah, but Lily has 2 nukes in her kit. Amane's 2nd skill is a HP buff, which means I'm down to 1 (though fairly fast charging) skill for damage

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Or lying. It's pretty common to see people go "wow look at this i got [rare unit] in just 2 pulls!" because they want to brag about their luck rather than share their shame in whaling.

Not saying that's anyone here, but it is a pretty common thing in gacha communities.
That's why you post the screenshots like I did so nobody can doubt you!

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Or lying. It's pretty common to see people go "wow look at this i got [rare unit] in just 2 pulls!" because they want to brag about their luck rather than share their shame in whaling.

Not saying that's anyone here, but it is a pretty common thing in gacha communities.

This definitely happens.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Minor detail, but tier 2 4 star weapons can reach higher levels than the treasure trade weapons which only reach lvl 40 fully unbound.

I'm strictly free to play in mobile gacha games (Granblue, Dragalia, etc...). Games like Dragalia give you enough free content (ex: Celliera) and free in game currency over the course of time that you can play them well enough without paying anything.

Certainly worth noting, but compared to a 4* T2 staff that's not unbound at all and is level 50 (my situation currently) the event staff at level 40 is an improvement on H. Althemia by 19 HP and 90 offense, and so is the better choice at that point. I would imagine that stays true (at least for the offense) for several unbindings' worth of levels on the 4* T2.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is party AI even worse in the Challenge battle than usual? Good grief.

Ranged ai is particularly bad, melee ai isn't as much. If you don't have a skill prep for i frame, for the beginning of the second phase it can be really rough with an all ranged party.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aw ya finally beat the EX boss once I got to 7700 might and 85% bonus.

It would be so much easier in co-op -_-

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me or is party AI even worse in the Challenge battle than usual? Good grief.

It's as bad as usual. The second wave has an insane amount of aoes go off at once at the beginning. After you upgrade a bit you can just murder all the enemies before your team gets hurt too bad.

Compared to yesterday I can reach the last wave and get the boss down to half whereas I could barely reach the last wave before. Definitely getting there.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to jump into this to accompany Fire Emblem Heroes and PAD. Re-rolled three times which is a pain in the ass with the download. Got an Elisanne and Nidhogg for 5*, assuming that is good enough to stop as Elisanne is the featured unit? I know literally nothing about the game at this point.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to jump into this to accompany Fire Emblem Heroes and PAD. Re-rolled three times which is a pain in the ass with the download. Got an Elisanne and Nidhogg for 5*, assuming that is good enough to stop as Elisanne is the featured unit? I know literally nothing about the game at this point.

Yeah, that's a good place to stop.

Elisanne is a limited unit, and while there might be better characters down the line, she is a unit in demand right now.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
It certainly doesn't help when I see some of the rolls posted here. Some people have gotten more 5* char / dragons in 1 ten-roll than in the entirety of my F2P wrymite. Speaking of which, how many of you guys are F2P / planning to stay F2P? Noticed quite a lot of people posting / recommending daily cheap diamantium rolls.

I'm F2P player with a main (didn't reroll) and alt account (rerolled) , have 3 5* characters on both accounts (Ezelith , Hilde and Maribelle in one and Mikoto, Lili and Julietta in another) , 3 5* dragons on my main (Levi , Jeanne and Nidhogg) and 4 5* on my alt (agni dupe , Levi and Poseidon) consider myself on the lucky side , this banner only got dragons , no character though , what pains me more in dragalia is the stamina / getterwing system , thats why i've made an alt account, you can barely play the game as it is when you are a high level player , currently on 70s.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a good place to stop.

Elisanne is a limited unit, and while there might be better characters down the line, she is a unit in demand right now.

No merging units or anything like in FEH where you want multiple of a unit and main-ing a limited run unit isn't as beneficial?

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Managed to clear challenge battle maining Hilde and keeping all the dumb AI alive.
That was really tough .... I feel like from last 2 events, healer is not really useful for event.
It's better to main a DPS and use the skill iframe well :/

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
No merging units or anything like in FEH where you want multiple of a unit and main-ing a limited run unit isn't as beneficial?
Nope. No benefit at all to getting a dupe character, except a paltry amount of Eldwater (equivalent to FEH feathers). Dupe dragons and wyrmprints can be useful, but not characters.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap beat the hoard challenge with 1 second left. Saw the update about putting away the Sweet Retreat and then setting it back again to get the HP and Str bonus and completed it with 54 seconds left. I still have 25% event boost left to go.

Soooo make sure to put it away and set it back out. Now I can back off investing in Edward and Ryozen and focus instead on just Hildegarde.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now that I'm having to do these solo events, I've noticed that Juliette with Jeane is actually amazingly useful. I mean, this is verging on "well duh" territory but there's been chatter that having a high HP and Defense isn't all that great because you can just dodge attacks. Which is fine and well until the AI takes over and doesn't dodge attacks. Juliette just face tanks everything and survives seemingly overwhelming odds every time lol

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so if I have the Sweets Retreat out when I had 2 Light Altars, I wasn't actually getting the 105% bonus damage?
Can't put it away now though, have 2 hours left for the upgrade.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Can I use the welcome pack to summon Elisanne?

I know it guarantees a five star character.

Give me hope for Elisanne. Someone.

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so if I have the Sweets Retreat out when I had 2 Light Altars, I wasn't actually getting the 105% bonus damage?
Can't put it away now though, have 2 hours left for the upgrade.
You were getting the bonus damage but not the HP and STR bonus. Like where it says 7% hp and 6.5% Str. That bonus you weren't getting from the sweet retreat, but if you put it away and then set it back then you will.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yea Xander is kinda insane on this. Not only is his force strike nuts but his Dragon Haste really helps as well. He will likely be the MVP of all future hoard modes that aren't wind based

Edit: I really wish I had a better dragon for him.

I'm waiting for event where healer shines.
So far they are a liability in both event and only excel in Imperial Onslaught :(

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
my kingdom for a decent light character that isn't redundant (the only gacha 4star light i have is rawn who is also an archer :|)

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Does iframe work on anything but yellow areas? Because I seem to take damage on red and purple regardless of skill usage.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Some of the Dragon stories are really great. Silke's is disturbing, Leviathans is sad and Juggernauts is hilarious lol

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Does iframe work on anything but yellow areas? Because I seem to take damage on red and purple regardless of skill usage.

Red yes, purple no. (I believe purple can be avoided by 1. a skill that "physically" takes you outside of the attack, or 2. shapeshifting, both of which only protect your character and not your party.)

Guessing the problem with dodging reds you're having is the same as me: a lot of the reds in the event tend to last a long time. Especially the king's charge, where if you're a little off to the side he'll go past you but if you're centered he'll just push you with him and then start hitting you when your invincibility ends.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Red yes, purple no. (I believe purple can be avoided by 1. a skill that "physically" takes you outside of the attack, or 2. shapeshifting, both of which only protect your character and not your party.)

Guessing the problem with dodging reds you're having is the same as me: a lot of the reds in the event tend to last a long time. Especially the king's charge, where if you're a little off to the side he'll go past you but if you're centered he'll just push you with him and then start hitting you when your invincibility ends.

Your explanation actually started pissing me off, because I know this all too well lol.

Been playing too much haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.