• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Announced on twitter
D368eJOVUAAO2bF.png:large

Gacha Rework:
Regarding Changes to Summoning
Hello, everyone! It's the Dragalia Lost team here, to share news of an upcoming update.
Starting after the maintenance on Apr 25, 2019(PT)/Apr 26, 2019(UTC), we'll be changing how summoning works.
■Background Information
We've received a lot of feedback since the game's release regarding summoning and adventurer building.
The team has been reviewing this feedback and implementing it in the form of overall game balance,
but have not yet been able to improve summoning in a way to really satisfy players.
Therefore, in order to create a game that you, the players, can enjoy even more, we're changing how summoning works.
To go along with this, we'll also be changing how you can acquire wyrmprints as well as the amount of eldwater you'll get.
You can read about these changes below.
■Summoning Changes
Wyrmprints have appeared in summon showcases since launch, but after this update, they will no longer appear when summoning.
Even though wyrmprints will no longer appear in summon showcases, the total appearance rate for each rarity will remain unchanged as described below.
・5★ total appearance rate: 4.00%
・4★ total appearance rate: 16.00%
・3★ total appearance rate: 80.00%
For the appearance rates of featured adventurers and dragons after these changes are put into effect,
check the appearance rates for the individual showcases after the maintenance starting at Apr 25, 2019(PT)/Apr 26, 2019(UTC) completes.
■Acquiring Wyrmprints
You'll be able to exchange eldwater for wyrmprints from the in-game Shop.
This includes wyrmprints that have previously appeared in summon showcases.
We also plan on making it so there is a low chance of acquiring some wyrmprints, including 5★ wyrmprints, from quests.
Check below for the amount of eldwater required for acquiring wyrmprints from the Shop.
Trade # 5★ 4★ 3★
1 4,000 2,000 200
2 6,000 3,000 300
3 9,000 4,000 400
4 9,000 4,000 400
5 9,000 4,000 400
Note: From the sixth wyrmprint onward, the amount of eldwater required will reset, starting again with the amount required for the first trade.
■Changes to the Amount of Eldwater Acquired
Considering the amount of eldwater required to upgrade adventurers' co-abilities,
and now the amount required to obtain wyrmprints, we will be changing the amount of eldwater you can acquire.
The amount of eldwater you'll get when summoning a duplicate adventurer and when you part ways with a dragon you summoned will change as detailed below.
・5★
Before: 3,000
After: 8,500
・4★
Before: 1,000
After: 2,200
Note: There will be no changes to the amount of eldwater you get for 3★ adventurers and dragons,
selling wyrmprints, or parting ways with dragons distributed during events.
■A Gift of Eldwater
We will be giving eldwater to players who meet either of the following conditions.
・Conditions:
1. Before the changes were implemented, if you received eldwater for summoning a duplicate 4★ or 5★ adventurer.
2. Before the changes were implemented, if you received eldwater for parting ways with a 4★ or 5★ dragon you summoned.
・Gift details:
Players will receive the following eldwater amounts for each adventurer and dragon that meet the conditions described above, according to its rarity.
5★: 5,500 (the difference between the new and the old amounts)
4★: 1,200 (the difference between the new and the old amounts)
■Gift Delivery Schedule
We are planning to deliver the gift to eligible players by the end of Apr 25, 2019(PT)/Apr 26, 2019(UTC).
You'll be able to accept the eldwater from your goodie box.
■Thank-You Gift
And finally, we'll be sending the following items to players as a thank-you gift.
・Wyrmite x4,500
・Eldwater x25,000

This thank-you gift will be delivered by the end of Apr 26, 2019. You'll be able to accept it from your goodie box.
We hope that these changes will increase your overall game satisfaction and help you enjoy the summoning and adventurer building more than ever before!
As always, thanks for playing Dragalia Lost!

TLDR: Removing wyrmprints from summons, are now in-game shop items (in-game currency only) and higher wrymite rate + retroactively get more wrymite for 4* and higher dupes you've gotten in the past

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
ATTN other gacha developers:

This is how you treat your playerbase.

I have no words, CyGames are truly something else.

Mabufudyne

Oct 27, 2017
Wyrmprints have appeared in summon showcases since launch, but after this update, they will no longer appear when summoning.

Halle-fuckin'-lujah! Increased eldwater is also great news.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I'm about to get a fuckton of eldwater

I was super hesitant about this until I read further and saw they'd be increasing the amount of eldwater for dupes. I'm completely on board now

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised that they did this. I figured they were adamant about having a "haha! suck a lemon" element to the gacha. Even if you don't get what you want you'll be showered with eldwater to buy wyrmprints to customize builds and unlock co-ability nodes.

The FEH collab is whatever lol

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Having not played this game yet, I don't think I can grasp how these changes really affect the game's flow. However, it looks like the initial comments were positive, so that's great.

If they keep offering good support, I could see this being a game I eventually try.

Oct 25, 2017
Having not played this game yet, I don't think I can grasp how these changes really affect the game's flow. However, it looks like the initial comments were positive, so that's great.

If they keep offering good support, I could see this being a game I eventually try.

Previously the gacha pool contained three things:
Adventurers (cool/awesome characters you get to play as if you pull them)
Dragons (awesome creatures you can turn into during battle as a power up)
Wyrmprints (dumb pictures that only the most obsessive of theory crafters give a shit about)

Additionally, wyrmprints had the highest draw rate of the three as well, and as such were incredibly likely to break your pity rate (the increased chance of drawing a 5 star each time you didn't draw one). So yeah, this is a pretty amazing change for the game because it makes it far more likely to actually draw something you want.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Literal game changer. Can't wait to see this implemented.

Also, excited for the Fire Emblem banner. Got plenty of summon tickets and Wyrmite saved up!

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
But does it fix the boring and repetitive gameplay or bring back emulator support?

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wyrmprints (dumb pictures that only the most obsessive of theory crafters give a shit about)

Additionally, wyrmprints had the highest draw rate of the three as well, and as such were incredibly likely to break your pity rate (the increased chance of drawing a 5 star each time you didn't draw one). So yeah, this is a pretty amazing change for the game because it makes it far more likely to actually draw something you want.

And on top of this, by increasing the amount of eldwater you earn for dupes, it's become far easier to promote adventurers and unbind more of their mana circles. This is such a genius change because it improves the value of your pulls in more ways than one.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wow. I can actually recommend this game to people now without feeling dirty.

Thank you so much, Cygames and Nintendo.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
This is a great change, but I am a little fearful of how many imps and drakes I'll need to clear out of my dragon inventory from now on. They'll need to add some 3* dragons just to add some more variety to ten summons, so it isn't half full of that small pool of them.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny that everyone is praising Cygames for trying to fix the shitty anti-player summon system it implemented itself.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Damn, I knew they'd be addressing the wyrmprint summoning problem eventually, but I never thought their solution would be this good. Complete removal from summoning is an aggressive change, but definitely one for the better.

This is a great change, but I am a little fearful of how many imps and drakes I'll need to clear out of my dragon inventory from now on. They'll need to add some 3* dragons just to add some more variety to ten summons, so it isn't half full of that small pool of them.
Same here. I'm hoping in the future they implement an option to auto-sell any dragons which you already have a fully-unbound version of.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
I find it funny that everyone is praising Cygames for trying to fix the shitty anti-player summon system it implemented itself.

They have consistently put out amazing QoL changes and have made such drastic changes to the game that any other gacha wouldn't dream of doing... Plus, they're insanely generous and two friendly. The wyrmprint summoning was pretty scummy but the game is barely 6 months old.

I think it's alright to applaud a company for making their summoning system more fair and making the game even more f2p even though it isn't struggling at all.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The praiseworthy part is that they're the only ones doing it while standard procedure in the genre is to keep making things progressively worse.

They are changing it bc the game is underperforming. If it was making a ton of money, do you think they'd be making this change? Unlikely ... I'm always happy to see companies making pro-player moves in these types of games, like when FFBE improved pull rates. It's just hard for me to praise a company for something like this when it should have been this way from the start.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
They have consistently put out amazing QoL changes and have made such drastic changes to the game that any other gacha wouldn't dream of doing... Plus, they're insanely generous and two friendly. The wyrmprint summoning was pretty scummy but the game is barely 6 months old.

I think it's alright to applaud a company for making their summoning system more fair and making the game even more f2p even though it isn't struggling at all.
You'd think such a monumental shift would get it trending in Japan, but nope. DL as a concept is not living up to its potential, both financially and otherwise.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018

Woah woah lets not say this like Wyrmprints aren't incredibly important nowadays

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's a great update - pulling those 5* Wyrmprints hurt a lot lol.

If I was still playing those gacha games I probably would give it another shot. Hell I still might depending on what Fire Emblem characters they are gonna feature.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
You'd think such a monumental shift would get it trending in Japan, but nope. DL as a concept is not living up to its potential, both financially and otherwise.
Thats ok theres always room for growth as they continue with crossovers and content additions.
They are changing it bc the game is underperforming. If it was making a ton of money, do you think they'd be making this change? Unlikely ... I'm always happy to see companies making pro-player moves in these types of games, like when FFBE improved pull rates. It's just hard for me to praise a company for something like this when it should have been this way from the start.
Underperforming would be wrong since as far as we know Nintendo is happy with the profits judging from their last investors report and has healthly numbers in more recent months. Plus CyGames is known for pro consumer updates regardless of profits so...

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Problem is it took them 6 fucking months to listen to day 1 complaints, and by now they've lost the majority of their playerbase, their revenue disappeared, and the game doesn't even chart on the gross earnings compared to other apps. It's literally caving as a last resort to try and win back anybody that'd be willing to spend money on it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I actually do think that they'd make this change regardless of whether the game is successful or not because CyGames has a long history of listening to fan feedback and accommodating changes like this in their other games. So, yeah.

Problem is it took them 6 fucking months to listen to day 1 complaints, and by now they've lost the majority of their playerbase, their revenue disappeared, and the game doesn't even chart on the gross earnings compared to other apps. It's literally caving as a last resort to try and win back anybody that'd be willing to spend money on it.
[citation needed]

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Thats ok theres always room for growth as they continue with crossovers and content additions.

Underperforming would be wrong since as far as we know Nintendo is happy with the profits judging from their last investors report and has healthly numbers in more recent months
Is Cygames happy though, because you know, they're doing most the dev work that could be used in Horse Girls right about now.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I actually do think that they'd make this change regardless of whether the game is successful or not because CyGames has a long history of listening to fan feedback and accommodating changes like this in their other games. So, yeah.

[citation needed]
They really don't have any such track record. A lot of their games have failed and shuttered as a result. I don't think you realize how much of this is Nintendo's hand forcing them to do this against their wishes than you think.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-smartphone-gamers-dont-spend-too-much-on-us-11551864160

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I was saving all summons for the Fire Emblem crossover to begin with but this will make it so much easier.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They really don't have any such track record. A lot of their games have failed and shuttered as a result. I don't think you realize how much of this is Nintendo's hand forcing them to do this against their wishes than you think.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-smartphone-gamers-dont-spend-too-much-on-us-11551864160
I've read that article, and it doesn't even come anywhere near providing source for the claims you've made.

CyGames is the most generous gacha dev bar none. I've been playing their games for over 5 years now, so I know what I'm talking about.

Regarding your accusation that they've been ignoring fan feedback, ask anyone who actually plays the game and you'll learn that the improvements to QoL compared to how things were Day 1 have been nothing short of amazing - especially in a market in which games like FGO or FFBE still have Day 1 bugs in them years after release.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

[citation needed]

People always say this, and while my 90 billion hours of Granblue gave me an appreciation for a lot of the stuff that Cygames has done, they are not some altruistic pro-player company like folks make them out to be. There's a lot of crappy practices in their games that seemingly get a pass (like the thing being changed here).

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I've read that article, and it doesn't even come anywhere near providing source for the claims you've made.

CyGames is the most generous gacha dev bar none. I've been playing their games for over 5 years now, so I know what I'm talking about.

Regarding your accusation that they've been ignoring fan feedback, ask anyone who actually plays the game and you'll learn that the improvements to QoL compared to how things were Day 1 have been nothing short of amazing - especially in a market in which games like FGO or FFBE still have Day 1 bugs in them years after release.
Since you want to throw around numbers like it matters, I've been playing their games since they were founded in 2011. It doesn't mean jack if your intent is to give them a pass on any/all of their shitty practices and ignorance of player "feedback", which you can find in every mobile game they've put out.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I will say, lately they'd actually been adding very solid 5* prints (though after some real trash). They've been cycling through weapon-specific prints, and all of them are pretty much best in slot. Obviously not ideal to get if you lacked a good adventurer for that weapon, but if they're available in the shop, those will probably be the best thing to get.

Still could be pretty disappointing when you got them instead of a character/dragon, so I'm obviously glad the change is happening, but they were at least very useful.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
People always say this, and while my 90 billion hours of Granblue gave me an appreciation for a lot of the stuff that Cygames has done, they are not some altruistic pro-player company like folks make them out to be. There's a lot of crappy practices in their games that seemingly get a pass (like the thing being changed here).
They "get a pass" for having a gacha system in a gacha game, yes. That's part of the deal. Your position isn't a reasonable one, and it seems like you're just being negative for the sake of it.

This is a positive change and people are happy about it. There's nothing "funny" about it, as you tried to describe it.

This posturing over "they shouldn't have made it that way in the first place" is very petty. Let people be happy, ffs.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
They "get a pass" for having a gacha system in a gacha game, yes
This is so willfully ignorant and disingenuous of a statement that yes, you are literally glossing over all the predatory practices involved and giving them a free pass when they don't deserve it just because "Yeah that's part of the deal." Gimme a break.