• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
page-top_chara.png

og_image.png

Coming November 28th!

Event website: https://dragalialost.com/en/event/m...jN2p0yHoueoZ1mc3NxFfUFegmdcCQRxQS24o60uKi3Njo

main-visual_bg.png

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man is coming to the Dragalia Lost game!

Is there something other than the game they're not telling us about?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Of note, something they mentioned beforehand.

Everyone gets Megaman for free, and there will be no Gatcha Summoning banner to accompany the event.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
What's weirder is how they're giving him away for free and there are no other collab gacha units to be monetized on. How are they making money from this??

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What's weirder is how they're giving him away for free and there are no other collab gacha units to be monetized on. How are they making money from this??
Collab characters SHOULD be free. I was pretty annoyed they had a Fire Emblem banner. All the Granblue Fantasy collabs give away free characters with no gacha and it's main purpose is to get new people into the game.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Uhh what? That's so random and outside the design of the game world. A weird decision since they've kept it pretty straightforward so far.
Apparently it isn't that far outside the design of the game world, since the next announced main story chapter for Dragalia Lost is apparently going to involve androids. The ancient human civilization apparently had high tech stuff.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

They'll probably have a Gala (rate up, special unit) banner with it for the first few days. Those are usually their strongest performing banners any way, and then something new at the start of December.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Neato, put Mega Man everywhere, get him into public consciousness again, and then capitalise with new release.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait! :D I'm not too huge on Classic Mega Man as I'm more a Megaman.exe person but any Mega Man is good and I'm excited to see the franchise getting awakened again!

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
Is it worth getting into the game to get him? Does all characters in events became inaccessible after the event's over?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth getting into the game to get him? Does all characters in events became inaccessible after the event's over?
This game has every type of f2p garbage mechanic... Gacha, stamina, real time building, thousands of crafting and currency........

Yet I still kind of love it. The writing is anime cliche, but it's well done anime cliche. The characters are enjoyable and play off each other well, and the overall story is enjoyable.

It has all of the garbage mechanics, but it's still very generous where I've never felt hampered by not spending money. It also has a few amazing features like fast forwarding auto battles to make grinds less awful. Also you can skip any cutscene, and if you do it gives you a one or two sentence summary, so you can skip the more boring points without being lost in future cutscenes.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Uhh what? That's so random and outside the design of the game world. A weird decision since they've kept it pretty straightforward so far.

We're getting Android bosses in the next story chapter, so it's not actually that off... if only it just came a month later. Anyway, Granblue (another mobage from CyGames) has tons of collaborations with franchises that completely deviate from the game's classic fantasy theme, so it's not surprising Dragalia is following the same path.

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
This game has every type of f2p garbage mechanic... Gacha, stamina, real time building, thousands of crafting and currency........

Yet I still kind of love it. The writing is anime cliche, but it's well done anime cliche. The characters are enjoyable and play off each other well, and the overall story is enjoyable.

It has all of the garbage mechanics, but it's still very generous where I've never felt hampered by not spending money. It also has a few amazing features like fast forwarding auto battles to make grinds less awful. Also you can skip any cutscene, and if you do it gives you a one or two sentence summary, so you can skip the more boring points without being lost in future cutscenes.
I tried the game on and off a few times since it's release but never got past the tutorial (mostly due to other reasons outside of the game, but not having Play Games integration and a huge/slow data download every install doesnt help). I did hear that the game's generally generous about its gacha system, and I tend to not get too invested into mobile games to spend anything on them so I guess I would do fine
I would want to know about the availability of past event characters though, thought that there was a Fire Emblem colab not too long ago. If Mega Man is still available to get at a later date then it would be less of a problem

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite some minor issues with the game, Dragalia Lost is honestly my most played mobile game alongside Honkai Impact 3rd, mainly because it's an action RPG, though I prefer the latter for its better mechanics and its significantly better visuals. But I would've been burned out were it not for the auto-play mechanic that lets the game play for you with content that is blatantly below your level, which means for me basically any content under 10,000 might (all my teams have hit 15,000+ might at this point, and I'm trying to figure out how to boost them further). Right now my main bottleneck for progression is basically weapons and acquiring the more 'meta' wrymprints.

I'm honestly legit surprised that this event has no banner, though. I am gonna grind the shit out of the event weapons, mind you - I just hope they're not underpowered.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they're giving him away as a freebie like how they do in their GBF collabs. Not exactly a character I'm excited about but glad to see another collab.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I used to love classic Mega Man, but I swear they are trying their hardest to make me hate him with their neglect of all the more interesting versions of the character.

I'm still excited for the event though.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey I liked 11 lol

But what we have coming up

-MM X Dive
-New MMX Project
-Battle Network Mobile
-Potential new 3rd person action Mega Man
Oh sorry, my point wasn't that 11 was bad, but that, while it is possible to fuck up classic, it is very hard to do so. It didn't really break the mold and it was certainly a lot less of an undertaking than a new entry in one of the heavier sub-franchises would have been.

But yeah, there's some new stuff on the horizon. Hopefully we'll see it soon and hopefully it'll be substantial.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh sorry, my point wasn't that 11 was bad, but that, while it is possible to fuck up classic, it is very hard to do so. It didn't really break the mold and it was certainly a lot less of an undertaking than a new entry in one of the heavier sub-franchises would have been.

But yeah, there's some new stuff on the horizon. Hopefully we'll see it soon and hopefully it'll be substantial.
Let us pray that MMX9 is a TGS reveal lol

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping we'd be able to roll for other Mega Man characters, like Proto.

Magnemania

Jan 25, 2018

eeeeh...

Maybe I'm being a bit too purist, but I thought Mega Man 11 broke the mold exactly enough. The Gear system is fantastic for replays and speedruns, while the game's still perfectly playable without them. It's the first time I've really liked a non-8-bit visual style in Classic, too.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
eeeeh...

Maybe I'm being a bit too purist, but I thought Mega Man 11 broke the mold exactly enough. The Gear system is fantastic for replays and speedruns, while the game's still perfectly playable without them. It's the first time I've really liked a non-8-bit visual style in Classic, too.
I think it was an excellent Classic game but that Classic itself is less interesting than other sub franchises, for me personally. I was excited to play it and I enjoyed it, but it felt like a safe move to me. High floor, low ceiling.

Personal opinion though and it is absolutely a solid game.

Back on subject though, a small part of me was hoping we would see reps from more of the franchise in this crossover. Still, it's a good sign of what's to come.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Apparently it isn't that far outside the design of the game world, since the next announced main story chapter for Dragalia Lost is apparently going to involve androids. The ancient human civilization apparently had high tech stuff.

We're getting Android bosses in the next story chapter, so it's not actually that off... if only it just came a month later. Anyway, Granblue (another mobage from CyGames) has tons of collaborations with franchises that completely deviate from the game's classic fantasy theme, so it's not surprising Dragalia is following the same path.
Ahh that makes some sense then. It's funny though because I feel like at launch they initially had said they wouldn't use Nintendo characters in it but then they added Fire Emblem which was fit well with the aesthetic at least. I guess they maybe didn't say anything about third party characters! Not that I really care either way, it just seemed like a weird decision (the Mega Man thing).

I'm ready to see Link and Zelda!

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Collab characters SHOULD be free. I was pretty annoyed they had a Fire Emblem banner. All the Granblue Fantasy collabs give away free characters with no gacha and it's main purpose is to get new people into the game.

I take it since that Dragalia is a cowned property and since Fire Emblem is a Nintendo property is the reason they did that.

It likes how some of the internal cygames collabs for grubblue and priconne have had their chars be gacha (grea and Anne was an anime collab iirc for priconne but also gacha). And all the rob characters in grubblue are gacha

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It launched in the english speaking countries of europe, aka ireland and uk.
But no love for us mainlanders, which is why my nintendo account and apple id are still british.

Do they explain why? This is the only game in a very long time that just skips my country based on localisation (netherlands).

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely feels a bit less ambitious than the Fire Emblem collab, but still really cool nonetheless.

Kind of surprised it's going to last two to three weeks given there'll be no summon showcase.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yup this annoyed me. I got Veronica and Fjorm, both of which are excellent, but I missed out on Marth... during the FIRE EMBLEM event! Like c'mon. :(

Excited for MM tho. :3