Deleted member 25671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Amazing game, glad it's finally on everything for everyone (because everyone should experience it). Now please make Dragon's Dogma 2!!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit of the PS3 version. I'll happily pick this up for $30, barring any severe technical problems or whatever.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This has been on my wishlist on Steam forever... i think I will finally cave in.

Bed Dragon's Dogma is too tempting to pass.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by reactions in this thread, yes this was quite surprising and if you're not a fan of Mat saying something which has already been said about third part games on the Switch this year then just skip and don't read the post?
And yet, lots of people are surprised.
I mean, it's either these late ports of remaster or nothing at all from Capcom (unless the new stuff is not too much for the Switch hardware a la MM 11). And seeing how stuff like the RE ports and Onimusha were announced for Switch, it's not really that surprising that the other stuff is coming, too. Like, it's pretty safe to assume that the dmc ports are coming, too.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Great game, even if it looked a little muddy. Will be interesting to see what Switch does with it.

Also, where is my 1X patch Capcom??

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's either these late ports of remaster or nothing at all from Capcom. And seeing how stuff like the RE ports and Onimusha were announced for Switch, it's not really that surprising that the other stuff is coming, too. Like, it's pretty safe to assume that the dmc ports are coming, too.

Onimusha isn't incredibly surprising because it's a new remaster coming to all platforms simultaneously. It's always going to be a bit surprising for many when Capcom dips back into previously released games and brings them to Switch separate from other versions. If any DMC games come to Switch, a series that has never been represented on a Nintendo platform, there will be surprise and understandably so.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
More video games that you don't currently know about will be announced in the future. Print this post.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Onimusha isn't surprising because it's a new remaster coming to all platforms simultaneously. It's always going to be a bit surprising for many when Capcom dips back into previously released games and brings them to Switch separate from other versions. If any DMC games come to Switch, a series that has never been represented on a Nintendo platform, there will be surprise and understandably so.

A large bulk of Capcom's Switch releases are versions that already appeared on PS4/XB1. Megaman Collection, Okami, Resident Evil Revelations.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Tempting but I had my fill of this version Dragon's Dogma onced I platinum the game on PS4.

I'm just waiting for a localization of Dragon's Dogma Online or an announcement of Dragon's Dogma 2 at this point.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
No, it's really not all that surprising.
Honestly, not a fan of "insider" coming to threads dropping extremely vague posts like that.

Eh I don't mind the hints considering some people have NDA's and stuff to deal with it.

Just feel like the tone of the comment would've been pretty different if he said that when MK11 got announced vs now. But maybe it's these type of surprises in store rather than the MK ones, who knows.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Going to wait for a performance analysis. The game ran like crap when I played it on 360 and it will be hard to go back to that after playing it on PC.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I mean, it's either these late ports of remaster or nothing at all from Capcom. And seeing how stuff like the RE ports and Onimusha were announced for Switch, it's not really that surprising that the other stuff is coming, too. Like, it's pretty safe to assume that the dmc ports are coming, too.

Dragon's Dogma is still not the game that would have come to mind first when thinking about what ports/remasters Capcom were to bring to the Switch. They already have a bunch of RE games coming and Onimusha as you said so it's surprising that they are bringing even more to the Switch as that would already be a high amount of output as far as Capcom on the Switch goes. DMC on the Switch would also be surprising for the reasons someone above stated.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A large bulk of Capcom's Switch releases are versions that already appeared on PS4/XB1. Megaman Collection, Okami, Resident Evil Revelations.
Yeah. basically. Which is why DD is not really surprising to me and neither will be the dmc ports or any other Capcom remaster currently not on Switch.
More video games that you don't currently know about will be announced in the future. Print this post.
lol

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
If any DMC games come to Switch, a series that has never been represented on a Nintendo platform, there will be surprise and understandably so.

I mean I'd expect it.

q3kR4nO.jpg

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, true. Those games have all appeared on Nintendo platforms before (except Revelations 2), so it's not as shocking. Fair point, though.

I may get this when its half price on eShop. The only Capcom games I intend to buy full price on Switch going forward are orginal titles. The did stop being trash and give us MHGU so once I yet Zack and Wiki remastered I can just ignore them all together.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Damn good game. At that price I'll pick it up.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'd expect it.

q3kR4nO.jpg

That article isn't saying anything a lot of us don't already know. Capcom has stated they'd like to bring a a number of previously unavailable IP to Switch. My point is that it's understandable announcements like this still surprise people, because: 1. An announcement is always more impactful than a tease and 2. Plenty of people don't follow gaming news as closely as others.

DMC Collection makes sense as a potential port. It'd still be a nice surprise to see the franchise on a Nintendo platform for the first time.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
One of the best games ever! Played hundreds and hundreds of hours on 360, amazing stuff! Shame I only just purchased it again recently on Xbox One. :( I would have waited if I had known there was a Switch version coming.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So they dropped this.. Their already dropping a load of old RE including the goat.. Resi 7 is coming in the Direct isn't it.
If 7, and 2, and DMC, all were announced in the Direct, it would be a meltdown of massive proportions, even if not particularly surprising by the technical makeup of those games.

In the meantime, I always wanted to play Dragon's Dogma, now I'm afraid I don't have an excuse.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have gotten it at 60fps with updated visuals for a higher price. It seems too barebones of a port for me to pick up again.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I've been meaning to go back and play the Dark Arisen version for years, this could be a good excuse for it! The original game wasn't flawless, but I really liked it.

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Literally have been holding off buying this on PS4 hoping for a Switch release. AWESOME

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure to be honest. It profits a lot from 60 FPS, so I recommend the PC version. It's also a top 5 action RPG. It's soooooooooo fucking good.

1. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls
2. Dragon's Dogma

Quite frankly, I think most of the praise is undeserved.

The game has a VERY nice combat system, yet this is pretty much the only positive thing I can think of it.

The plot is bad (i mean, REAL bad), the world is plain and uninspired, the quests are mediocre at best and the crafting terrible.

Pawn system is interesting, yet the game is still VERY flawed overall.

It's basically like playing a moderinzed version of the Capcom D&D arcade games. The story is rubbish, but it at least has decent dungeons. Probably better than any of the other games that it's trying to emulate. The combat, encounter designs, animations and customization more than make up for its weaknesses.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt going to happen when both the xbox one and ps4 were stuck to 30 fps
Yea, I didn't know the PS4 and Xbox had such shitty ports either till I looked into it today. I'm someone who likes to double dip on stuff I like but not if its this barebones on a consoles vastly superior to the consoles it initially released on

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Quite frankly, I think most of the praise is undeserved.

The game has a VERY nice combat system, yet this is pretty much the only positive thing I can think of it.

The plot is bad (i mean, REAL bad), the world is plain and uninspired, the quests are mediocre at best and the crafting terrible.

Pawn system is interesting, yet the game is still VERY flawed overall.
I'd like the Pawn system if you could create more than 1 of your own pawns and they all grew with you instead of having to go change your pawns every couple levels.

Also if they had any actual personality lol

Salty_Piers

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully this version will include the Japanese VO. But honestly anything that increases the likelihood of a sequel is fine by me