hermit

Oct 25, 2017
Finally made my transition to assassin. No more lugging around a huge sword and constantly missing swings cause of the slow speed.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
One of these days I'll have to actually spend time with a class that isn't Mystic Knight. I feel like I'm probably missing out on some good stuff.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I finally defeated Daimon's second form, I think I did it completely wrong though as it took ages.

Level 140 Magick Archer, mostly spent my time charging up Magic Rebalancer and just shooting him with standard magic bolts.
I had swapped out my 6-fold Bolt with the the Hunter Bolt, read he was weak to Holy damage, but this did basically nothing. Also had Explosive Volley and Ricochet Hunter which weren't much help either. Oh well.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just defeated 2nd form Daimon for the first time as well. I had been playing Mystic Knight pretty much the whole game, but I had swapped to Ranger to dragonforge some of my pawn's new gear.

I had done a lot of Godsbane-ing and wound up with Framae Blades and Revenant Wail for her. So I Dragonorged the gear, saw I could gold it basically immediately if I forged a few mats and wound up with an amazing pair of weapons. I was shredding compared to my MK and then I discovered how bad you can break the game with Ranger. Needless to say, I haven't swapped back.

Your kill was probably far more harrowing and worthy than my first.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally defeated Daimon's second form, I think I did it completely wrong though as it took ages.

Level 140 Magick Archer, mostly spent my time charging up Magic Rebalancer and just shooting him with standard magic bolts.
I had swapped out my 6-fold Bolt with the the Hunter Bolt, read he was weak to Holy damage, but this did basically nothing. Also had Explosive Volley and Ricochet Hunter which weren't much help either. Oh well.
Hunter Bolt sucks when cannot lock on to multiple targets. In Daimon case you lock on once so you're doing 1/10th Hunter Bolt damage.

Standard bolts are probably second best, try to aim just above him so they guide downwards and hit his head during first form, second you lock onto weak spot so just shoot straight.

6/9 Fold Bolt ends up best damage so always equip it.

You can always use Immolation and climb up to hundred kiss his head, jump off if he starts glowing.

people

Oct 27, 2017
€14,99 EU PSN 'exclusive' for PS Plus members from 21 nov. 00:00 GMT to 22 nov. 23:59 GMT, after that for everyone from 23 nov. 00:00 GMT to 27 nov. 23:59 GMT.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing now for about a week and I'm addicted. Tis a shame you can't import your old pawns, I had a pretty OP pawn from the PS3 days.

In any case, it's fun to return to Gransys again. I'll be adding all the pawns on here to favorites, if you can give my pawn a ride in return that would be great. Trying to get those levels atm.

Platform: PS4
PSN ID: gravity_decides
Pawn Name: Valyss
Pawn Level: 34
Pawn Vocation: Strider
Additional Details: My pawn is the ass-kicker in my squad. Hundred-Kisses/Advanced Trigger Scather.

DPIUDpZV4AAkCTG.jpg:large

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So I have a weird question- If I buy the game from the UK PSN store (Black Friday discount) but play it on my Asia PS account, would this affect me in any negative way?

I'm thinking specifically the pool of pawn characters that might be available to me. I don't know if they're separated by servers or what not.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Kinda thinking about jumping back in with this new sale. I finished the game on PS3 way back in the day, so, for people who did as well, how has your experience been?

people

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda thinking about jumping back in with this new sale. I finished the game on PS3 way back in the day, so, for people who did as well, how has your experience been?
Higher resolution and smoother frames make for a noticeably better gameplay experience. The ability to hotkey items is nice too, albeit a bit awkward while using certain weapons, e.g. bows. There is the option to turn pawn chatter off, if that bothered you. Other than that the game is very much the same, assuming you played Dark Arisen on PS3.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a weird question- If I buy the game from the UK PSN store (Black Friday discount) but play it on my Asia PS account, would this affect me in any negative way?

I'm thinking specifically the pool of pawn characters that might be available to me. I don't know if they're separated by servers or what not.

Pretty sure region makes no difference.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
Once you hit level 10, immediately change your vocation to either assassin or ranger. Striders get awful stats.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'd rather kill Death 30 seconds faster. If I need magic then pawns can cover it.

Fangdangle

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England
I picked a strider as wanted to use bows, I know nothing about the classes or upgrades as I've bought this blind on a friend's recommendation. Looking forward to learning all about this game!

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So as of this posting I have something like 9 or 10 Lvl 3 bitterblack weapons. I pretty much have what I need so I haven't been purifying them. If anyone wants one (or by chance would trade for a lvl 3 armor) and is on PS4 post or shoot me a pm with your PSN and I'll give your pawn a quick hire. I'm level 190 or so, so everyone is more or less within reach.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wanted to say a big thank you to Juraash and leehom. Between the two of them my Ranger is now the proud owner of Helmbarte daggers and a Revenant Wail :D

I'll second that. Is Leehom here? You guys are the best. Finally got Melek to lvl 58, changed her to Ranger. I'll be updating her on the server once I purify the stuff for her and her vocation up a bit.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm earning these things way faster than I can give them out. So I sent a few more to people that asked or that I have on my friends list.

I also have lots of level 2 stuff if someone is interested.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to say a big thank you to Juraash and leehom. Between the two of them my Ranger is now the proud owner of Helmbarte daggers and a Revenant Wail :D

Word, thank you Juraash!

I'll second that. Is Leehom here? You guys are the best. Finally got Melek to lvl 58, changed her to Ranger. I'll be updating her on the server once I purify the stuff for her and her vocation up a bit.

She'll be in my party for a while, just want you to know I'm using her :)

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So I wanted to update my pawn stats for the thread. Rune Crystals are definitely my weakness right now as I'm trying to nab a few very specific things. I'd definitely appreciate anyone bringing her along when able. I'll happily accept friend requests so people can hire her for free.

PSN ID: Kaiotheforsaken
Pawn Name: Gwyn
Pawn Level: 200
Pawn Vocation: Ranger
Additional Details:

Inclination is Challenger/Mitigator and I believe Utilitarian is 3rd.

Skills are: Thousand Kisses/Shearing Wind/Instant Reset and Tenfold Flurry/Corkscrew Arrow/Endecad Shot

She's sitting in full BBI gear, most of it at least dragonforged. Her weapons are Framae Blades and Revenant Wail, both gold rarified.

She is likely not to change much now barring a skill swap perhaps and changing out some of the common Lvl 3 gear for the rare stuff. Hopefully she can help some folks out.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
She'll be in my party for a while, just want you to know I'm using her :)

Thanks you! I'm very grateful.

So I wanted to update my pawn stats for the thread. Rune Crystals are definitely my weakness right now as I'm trying to nab a few very specific things. I'd definitely appreciate anyone bringing her along when able. I'll happily accept friend requests so people can hire her for free.

I'll recruit her. I'll post again when I send her back, just to see how rift crystals you get, so I have an idea. Maths isn't my strong suit. I've currently hired a Ranger from somebody here and I see a lot of snipe kills, which is nice to witness. Makes me feel like a proud employer watching his employees taking care of business. So I'm sure yours will be absolutely merciless at this point.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'll recruit her. I'll post again when I send her back, just to see how rift crystals you get, so I have an idea. Maths isn't my strong suit. I've currently hired a Ranger from somebody here and I see a lot of snipe kills, which is nice to witness. Makes me feel like a proud employer watching his employees taking care of business. So I'm sure yours will be absolutely merciless at this point.

Much appreciated. I've tried to make my Pawn pretty decent, so hopefully she'll prove useful to those that hire her.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Well today proved fruitful in the farming department. Got Gwyn her Oblivion Gauntlets and a hellfire cloak for myself. Once I nab one for her I can move on to try and finish up the Platinum and maybe put enough time in on an Ur-Dragon to get the spiffy loot.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Juraash, I'm not sure what's going on, but despite having you on my friends list on PSN, in DD you're just not coming up. I can search and find Gwyn, but to recruit her is over 4 million crystals. The friend icon doesn't appear over her. And this is true when unfriending you and friend in you again from within the game. That didn't help.

I've also noticed you aren't the only one, there are several people not showing up.

I couldn't find anything online. I'll do a more extensive search tomorrow, but I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
That is really bizarre! After you sent me the message on PSN I went and checked to see if I had any problems on my end. Obviously your pawn was free to hire, but all the normal stuff showed up. It shows we are friends and your pawn comes up when I search via friends.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That is really bizarre! After you sent me the message on PSN I went and checked to see if I had any problems on my end. Obviously your pawn was free to hire, but all the normal stuff showed up. It shows we are friends and your pawn comes up when I search via friends.

Yeah, that is just not happening for me. You don't show up on the friends search, and no friend icon either next to Gwyn. When I try to send you a friend request, it tells me you're already on my friend list. So it seems the system acknowledges that we are friends, but then something prevents it from going to the next step. Very frustrating.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PS4 still playing this?
Had an amazing collection of pawns available by the time I platinumed this on PS3, thanks to a then very active thread with PSN username sharing on the old boards.
Anything like that happening here, or has that ship sailed?

PSN: Mejilan

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how big the active community is here. I know several people, including myself, who are playing regularly.

We also have a pawn list (which I believe is mostly current). I think a link to that can be found in the OP.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I need to update my pawn details later when I get around to it.
PSN: Kapryov
Pawn is a mage named Aya, she's around level 162 I think. Mitigator/Utilitarian.

I just beat Death last night, first time I have ever defeated him. He only dropped a few scythe shards though.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Platform: PS4
PSN ID: Mejilan
Pawn Name: Manet
Pawn Level: TBD
Pawn Vocation: Mage
Additional Details: TBD

I'm not sure how big the active community is here. I know several people, including myself, who are playing regularly.

We also have a pawn list (which I believe is mostly current). I think a link to that can be found in the OP.

I missed it because it's not actually in the OP, but further down. Adding my details and will be sending out friend requests tomorrow, I suppose. Thanks!

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for the friend request spam you're receiving from me (Mejilan) on PS4. I made sure to type up something worthwhile to read in the friend request, so all of you know what's up.
Pre-emptive thanks to anyone kind enough to accept the request and help me build up my pawn pool as I head in to double-platinum DD (got the PS3 plat years ago).
Strength in numbers, Arisen.

Barabub

Oct 26, 2017
PSN: Endless-Bravado
Pawn name: Ashe lvl 50-ish Warrior Challenger/Utilitarian(I think)

I just got to the post game and I don't know if I should do Everfall or BBI. I never did BBI in the PS3 version so I dunno if I need to be higher level or have better gear for it than I currently have.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I like BBI better than the Everfall. On my current character I went to BBI first (around 60 I think) and made it through ok. You gain levels fast there, but the rewards can outstrip Everfall reasonably quick. I kind of wound up trivializing the Everfall by extent.

That said, I had gone through BBI on PS3 so I knew where to go, what to do and handy things to farm to deck myself out quicker.

On a separate note, saw and accepted your friend request.

nilbog

Movie Aficionado
Oct 25, 2017
Ah crap. I accidentally lost my chance to meet Aelinore. Gotta start the game over.

Why do you have to start over? Aelinore was with me after I killed the dragon but I'm not sure what that means.

I seemed to have skipped a ton of early content by mostly sticking to the main story this time around. Missed several dungeons, Witchwood, etc.

I already platinumed the PS3 version and want to stick to BBI content mostly.

Juraash, I've got Gwyn back in the group she is helping me clear the early levels of BBI. Thanks!

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I never passed out my info.

PSN: sunshinepatriot
Pawn: Lily
Vocation: Warrior (gonna end up a ranger)
Level: 80
Inclinations: Mitigator/Challenger