Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
2H doesn't seem like a reliable punish for Super Dashes to me. The animation is almost always too slow if the person is constantly super dashing from close range. In close range you're probably better off just throwing some standing light or medium punches, or punishing a blocked super dash with a vanish attack. I've said this for a while but I still feel like super dashes are too safe.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
2H doesn't seem like a reliable punish for Super Dashes to me. The animation is almost always too slow if the person is constantly super dashing from close range. In close range you're probably better off just throwing some standing light or medium punches, or punishing a blocked super dash with a vanish attack. I've said this for a while but I still feel like super dashes are too safe.

I think they're fine. Just deflect them if they're close.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I should take rage disconnects in stride, but man I had the best damn comeback ripped away from me because of a rage disconnect. So sorry.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I just keep a teleport kick stocked for people who spam super dash. It someone like Yamcha that can turn into a devastating opening for a long combo string, too.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
If an opponent is just super dashing like a madman, and doing shit like superdashing immediately after you block one, Frieza is a good character for taking those people out.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If an opponent is just super dashing like a madman, and doing shit like superdashing immediately after you block one, Frieza is a good character for taking those people out.

I find it easy to abuse those kinds of people with teleports. Goku Black is awesome for that, because he has great range so that, even if they dash away from a well timed teleport, I can still reach them from behind.

Teleports in general are awesome in this game.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Yooooo I just beat a guy with a 33/31 win loss ratio! I'm getting pretty good at this! Surprised they didn't rage quit on me.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I find it easy to abuse those kinds of people with teleports. Goku Black is awesome for that, because he has great range so that, even if they dash away from a well timed teleport, I can still reach them from behind.

Teleports in general are awesome in this game.
Goku Black's instant transmission is pretty useful

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
I also like Yamcha's wolf fang fist teleport. You can mix it up well with a normal wolf fang fist, and a back + hard. Makes him really hard to read, but that teleport makes him especially deadly.
Unfortunately there's an option select that blows this up for the most part lol.

Also lmfao:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
There's a special place in hell for people who watch their character intro cut-scene and skip yours....

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
There's a special place in hell for people who watch their character intro cut-scene and skip yours....
Simple mind games like that really throw some people off, I try to do it from time to time.

Anyone else constantly getting dropped from lobbies? I'm on PC and this happens all the time to me, yesterday it happened for the first time during a match, but it was at the VS screen so I didn't feel so bad. I'd have been mad if it happened during an actual fight.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
No matter how much i try, i can't do that auto combo trick to close the gap after the full jump cancel combos (the one Max shows in his extend combos video). Is there something i'm missing? he says smashing the button, but even doing that after the last down + heavy the only thing i can do there is a teleport.

Jan 15, 2018
No matter how much i try, i can't do that auto combo trick to close the gap after the full jump cancel combos (the one Max shows in his extend combos video). Is there something i'm missing? he says smashing the button, but even doing that after the last down + heavy the only thing i can do there is a teleport.

After the las down heavy, you need to jump again, then autocombo

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
After the las down heavy, you need to jump again, then autocombo
Does this work if you've already used a double jump before to start a combo (like a 2M-5M-Jump-JLL)

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
QUESTION

I'm still eternally annoyed every time I play online cause I get wrecked wrecked wrecked, so I spend more time in practice mode.

Messing around with Blacks teleport and basic air combos...

Why is it that when I open up with 2M I end up doing more damage than j.5H (out of the Instant Transmission)? I know there's scaling, like you'll do less if you open with a L hit, but this seems like the opposite? Is it because it's an air attack? Or because it followed the teleport?

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
No, sorry it seems I misunderstood you, jumping after a 5M is not a double jump, its a regular jump that you use to cancel the 5M.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooh

pENo0Di.gif

i get it!

i think

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
QUESTION

I'm still eternally annoyed every time I play online cause I get wrecked wrecked wrecked, so I spend more time in practice mode.

Why is it that when I open up with 2M I end up doing more damage than j.5H (out of the Instant Transmission)? I know there's scaling, like you'll do less if you open with a L hit, but this seems like the opposite? Is it because it's an air attack? Or because it followed the teleport?
Both. j.H does less than starting with a combo with a medium in this game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

You can jump cancel the second 2H (the one you don't super dash out of), then go into the end of the combo.
Some characters need to delay the LL autocombo after the super dash as well.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
QUESTION

Jumping attacks count as 2 hits as far as scaling goes, making them scale combos much harder. However they do allow you to open up opponents, so there is still reason to start combos with it.

Assists count as like 3 hits for scaling as well, fyi

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
could someone write out this combo so i can make sure i'm getting it right lol. i feel confused

2M, 5M, jump, L, M, L, 2H, pursuit, L, M, L, 2H, jump cancel, L, L, L

Edit: the ending auto combo can be adjusted to other things, depending on what youre trying to do, but the above is the basic, standard version.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
2M, 5M, jump, L, M, L, 2H, pursuit, L, M, L, 2H, jump cancel, L, L, L

2M, 5M, jump, M, L, L, 2H, pursuit, L, L, 2H, jump cancel, L, whatever (H to knock them down, air special or super if you have it etc.) is another variation. I think this does more damage, but I'm not sure on that.

Jan 15, 2018
2M, 5M, jump, M, L, L, 2H, pursuit, L, L, 2H, jump cancel, L, whatever (H to knock them down, air special or super if you have it etc.) is another variation. I think this does more damage, but I'm not sure on that.

It does, in fact you can do MLL2H after the super dash with some characters. Its like 3% more damage, so its up to you if its worth it or not.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
M, l, 2h, m, l is optimal i think, you want to push up medium hits in the combo and doing m, l, l, before the launch results in more scaling off the second light.

I just do lml into 2h, it's less dmg (like 80?) But more consistent for me atm. And yeah if you are having issues connecting the dbl jump you need to delay the hits after you super dash; start pressing buttons when your character reaches near the apex after thr super dash

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to air combos, I just opt for a stable route. With Ginyu, I usually just do j.LM > jc j.LMH for example since I found the auto combo whiffs a lot due to his normals. Getting the ender is more important than dropping a combo that only squeezes out a little more damage imo. I'll go for harder combos if there's a bigger incentive like a great difference in damage (Cell loop) or meter gain (18 relaunch).

Deleted member 1190

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appear to have left the tier of people spamming dash, and have entered the teir of people who just spam tag.

I legit might have to give up playing this game. It's infuriating.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
With how scaling works in this game im not sure I want to continue with my nappa ssj vegeta kid buu team. The way nappa works his combos are massively scaled

Status
Not open for further replies.